Why the Beats Hate?
Jul 11, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #391 of 2,037
Quote:

M50s are a lesser quality version of Beats?

popcorn.gif

Doesn't seem obvious when I  compare  measurements at  innerfidelity.
But yeah, it would be better to explain why..

Jul 12, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #394 of 2,037
Pretty curious if OP has any actual statements to back up their claims of quality or are just stirring the bucket.  My opinion out of my very very limited headphone experience is that the higher end models don't sound horrible, per-say, but don't really seem quite at the price point they're placed at. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:56 AM Post #396 of 2,037
Quote:

I'd like to see the reason why. "Just Give Me (er, Us) a Reason"

M 50's are more durable and don't have the cheesy noisy NC. Beats have more bass, are louder, have a better soundstage; a true basshead will prefer the Beats and an audiophile will obviously prefer the M50's. 

I made a stement earlier that Beats will not distort on an iPod/iPhone at max volume and I now stand corrected. I had never before heard Beats distort at max volume until 3 days ago when a friend played dubstep on them. I also learned that I think I have a violently allergic reaction to dubstep, lol. 

I am also very upset that many audiophiles on this forum that enjoy dubstep refuse to divulge the secret of how they coat their eardrums with metal alloys to protect themselves from this phenomena, and I plan to complain to the mods about it. 

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #397 of 2,037
Quote:
M 50's are more durable and don't have the cheesy noisy NC. Beats have more bass, are louder, have a better soundstage; a true basshead will prefer the Beats and an audiophile will obviously prefer the M50's. 

I made a stement earlier that Beats will not distort on an iPod/iPhone at max volume and I now stand corrected. I had never before heard Beats distort at max volume until 3 days ago when a friend played dubstep on them. I also learned that I think I have a violently allergic reaction to dubstep, lol. 

I am also very upset that many audiophiles on this forum that enjoy dubstep refuse to divulge the secret of how they coat their eardrums with metal alloys to protect themselves from this phenomena, and I plan to complain to the mods about it. 

Well, I love listening to dubstep, and I don't line my ears with some metal alloy. Oh wait, I'm no audiophile - I'm just another guy in the Budget-Fi group. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2013 at 3:08 AM Post #398 of 2,037
Quote:

I NEVER had my Beats Studio distort with Dubstep with iPhone or MBP at max volume, only time they ever distorted was if I accidentally had my ONE cranked up when plugged in

I think my Studios were my longest lasting headphones, the DT-880 Pros and AKG k702s I owned blew after around 6 months of use and both pairs had to be repaired more than once

Jul 12, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #399 of 2,037
If you guys are talking aboout "blew" and "max volume on my ipod" - how loud are you listening? I hope you don't do that volume all the time?

Jul 12, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #400 of 2,037
Quote:

I NEVER had my Beats Studio distort with Dubstep with iPhone or MBP at max volume, only time they ever distorted was if I accidentally had my ONE cranked up when plugged in

I think my Studios were my longest lasting headphones, the DT-880 Pros and AKG k702s I owned blew after around 6 months of use and both pairs had to be repaired more than once

A MBP at max volume? I hope that's not your usual volume.

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #402 of 2,037
Quote:
A MBP at max volume? I hope that's not your usual volume.

with the Beats Studio? no way, a bit more than half was usually plenty loud

with the AKG K702s max volume on the MPB would not even tickle, with the AKG K550s max volume is a bit too much

half way on the Apogee ONE is very loud for the Studios, all the way up is just enough for the K702s and a bit past half is perfect for the K550s

Jul 12, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #403 of 2,037
Quote:

Love the Apogee one's headphone jack. Studios certainly are able to hold up against high volume, I've blown 880's and Grados especially with ease. The problem is with that Mickey Mouse level plastic headband, I've broken at least three of them. I have Studio Beats broken in half all over.

ATH-50's are tanks in comparison. Of course I like the sound of Beats better because I don't like their soundstage, but they're way tougher to break than Beats

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #404 of 2,037
...so i got a pair of Beats Pros today. When put through my SA-31, I kind of like them. They're not accurate by any means, but they're a much more fun listen than most of my other headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back