Why the Beats Hate?
Jun 25, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #226 of 2,037
Try to see things from my pov. 

On one hand, you have thousands of people buying Beats every day because they think they're the best sounding headphones in the store. I come here and try to tell people that Beats owners love the sound of their Beats, and some are so confident they've offered me a free listen to prove that Beats sound better than whatever headphones I'm listening to. I have a lot of friends that prefer the sound of Beats over any other headphone. Nobody here believes me. 

On the other hand, I try to tell those same friends that there are internet forums with thousands of nerds that will swear on their mother's lives that Beats suck and HD 25's sound better, and they refuse to believe me. "how can anyone hate the sound of Beats?" "Are they deaf?" "They don't know how to listen to music"

So I see two sides that are denying each others existence, and it's very amusing to me. It's like being in Superman and saying "LOOK!! HE'S CLARK KENT!!!!" I see it, I know it, but all I get is "no way, Superman doesn't wear glasses!"

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #227 of 2,037
I have no problem with the sound, like I said, it ain't bad, but its their marketing that tells the masses that these are Studio/Production headphones. 
"People aren't hearing all the music" Which could mean a lot of things, but also makes people assume they are buying neutral or transparent headphones.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #228 of 2,037
Quote:
I have no problem with the sound, like I said, it ain't bad, but its their marketing that tells the masses that these are Studio/Production headphones. 
"People aren't hearing all the music" Which could mean a lot of things, but also makes people assume they are buying neutral or transparent headphones.

It's like the hamburger displayed in the pics at the macdo. People have already figured out, that there's big difference with the real thing. They still buy these damn  mac hamburgers.
You'd  think that the mass  realizing that  these headphones are not "true studio/production" headphones, would prevent them from buying them ? Seriously, I 'd think that the mass is even happy with lies, as long as they are flattering.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #229 of 2,037
The thing is if beats hadn't been released most of these people would still be using iBuds and be completely content. Some people don't care about the sound quality, they just want to hear the music. I see no problem with that.

I also see no problem with people caring more about looks than sound. Not saying you should be so preoccupied with how you look, but the other day I walked past a mirror wearing my D600s and got a good laugh at how ridiculous I looked.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #230 of 2,037
Quote:
The question is what you have heard over 30$...

Quite a bit - a few Sonys, Sennheisers, Grados, Koss. The Bose display is right next to the Beats display at Best Buy. I cant imagine why you wouldn't pick Bose over Beats and Bose is infamous for being overpriced. I'm really not a fan of the over-rated Koss Portapros, but I would take them over Solos.

Jun 25, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #231 of 2,037
Quote:

I also see no problem with people caring more about looks than sound. Not saying you should be so preoccupied with how you look, but the other day I walked past a mirror wearing my D600s and got a good laugh at how ridiculous I looked.

I have no problem with it either - that was the reason for my initial interest in Beats. My Grados are a bit ridiculous as well - and not exactly portable. But when the stylish headphones are marketed at top-tier audiophile quality and priced as such, I expect them to sound good too.

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:34 PM Post #234 of 2,037
Quote:

Ok lets do a fair comparison then with some other closed $200-300 headphones which totally outclass the similarly priced Beats:
AKG K550/551, K167 or K267 if you want more bass.
Logitech UE6000
Sennheiser HD380pro or HD25
Denon D2000 or even the new D400
Audio Technica A900X
Beyer DT770Pro and Custom One
Shure SRH940
KRK 8400
Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio

etc...

And if you want some nice styling as well,  Focal Spirit One, B&W P5, Sennheiser Momentum, eetc....not as good value as those above, but still excellent headphones.

There simply is no argument in favor of Solo's or Studio's, or Pro's.

Except the fact that beats look way better than all those.

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #235 of 2,037
Quote:
I don't see what's wrong with headphones being fashion accesories. Just think of them as a 1000$ rolex or even a 110$ gshock. Nobody gets mad at them for pricing a watch that does what 5$ watches do for way more money.

Sense when is a Gshock a fashion accessory? Gshocks are extremely popular among the military's of the world for very good reason, and that reason is not because its "fashionable" but functional and durable for value. 

Beats are neither fashionable- they make you look like a tool sheep to the capitalist marketing machine. I can have a say in this too because I JUST graduated highschool. Us seniors make fun of all the loser underclassmen behind their backs for wearing their "cool" beats.

And btw, its "cool" to hate beats now. So buy them if you want, but [intelligent] people will be laughing at you everywhere. The only place beats fits in are with the weakminded individuals that so easily are conformed by the illuminati capitalist marketing machine [fools]. 

/tinhat off​

Beats are neither functional- they sound terrible.
Probably the worst value headphones ever.

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #236 of 2,037
Quote:
Someone who is heavily influenced psychologically by the advertising, maybe.

In a blind test, anyone who would chose the Beats has some kind of hearing damage.  The Denons and Fostex are about as bassy as you can go without greatly harming other aspects.

So 90% of people have hearing damage? You're also forgetting that while the denons and fostex are as bassy as you can get without harming other things most people would have no problem sacrificing the other aspects for even more bass.

Jun 25, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #237 of 2,037
Quote:
So 90% of people have hearing damage? You're also forgetting that while the denons and fostex are as bassy as you can get without harming other things most people would have no problem sacrificing the other aspects for even more bass.

No. Most people just don't know about Denon or Fostex- or Sennheiser or Audio Technica. Its a magical thing called marketing.

More marketing [size=small]≠ Better Audio Quality[/size]​
[size=small]Popularity [/size][size=small]
≠ Better Audio Quality​
[/size]​
[size=small]
Your Opinion ​
[/size][size=small]
≠ Better Audio Quality​
[/size]​
[size=small]
Your Opinion ​
[/size][size=small]
≠ Right​
[/size]​
[size=small]
Your Opinion = Your Opinion​
[/size]​
 ​
 ​
[size=small]
You are trying to argue to a community of value minded audio enthusiasts that Beats are worth it. You're in the wrong place.​
[/size]

Jun 25, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #238 of 2,037
Quote:
Except the fact that beats look way better than all those.

In your opinion. In my opinion, looks of the headphones are pretty irrelevant unless they're really ugly or have a bad color scheme. I still would not wear most beats outside where people can see me because i think they look about as classy as wearing red shiny cowboy boots and a black suit on your wedding day.

Jun 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #239 of 2,037
Quote:

Yeah, the same fools that drive around with 3 or 4 15" subwoofers in their cars. All that matters is organ-shaking bass, right? 
basshead.gif

The comedian Ron White has a  signature phrase that applies here, I think. 
cool.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #240 of 2,037
This whole argument is freaking ridiculous.  First off, it started by someone calling Sennheiser headphones very overpriced, more even than Beats.
Now its going into the sort of "if I like it, its the best in the world"  direction. And of course the usual "audiophiles don't know what enjoyment is".  I hear this often in real life related to cars.  "You guys driving the BMW's, you're just rich and you don't know how to enjoy while driving." Sorry, complete ********. 

I'm willing to bet I enjoy my T1's, K701's or HD650's far more than most Beats guys enjoy their headphones, because most Beats consumers don't even care about sound, they buy the headphones for their looks, status, or most often complete and utter lack of experience with good audio or other headphones.  Sure, I can accept there are people out there who enjoy their Beats a lot, and might prefer them over even a Stax SR-009. But that STILL doesn't change the fact that 009's are in a whole different universe, a far better product in every single way.

What I'm saying, you can enjoy Beats all you want, but don't come to an audiophile forum and claim that Sennheisers are overpriced or that well established audiophile headphones are actually bad, and people actually only like them because of their brand, or because they are expensive. And you came to that conclusion because you compared them out of your Ipod while playing some compressed Pitbull ft. Lady Gaga or whatever mp3's. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back