Why the Beats Hate?
Jun 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM Post #211 of 2,037
Quote:

Why do you think that? You think that people dislike Beats because they are Beats? How do you think they got their reputation? By people saying, without ever listening to them: "ok, so these are the new beats, lets all hate them, just for the sake of it"? No, people actually listened to them, and realized they're bad for the money. 

That's exactly what I'm saying. And have you directly compared HD25's to Beats Solo's? I have, and also done so in a room with 7 others and they ALL preferred the Solos by a wide margin. 

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #212 of 2,037
Quote:
 No, they sound completely different. I'm saying if people didn't see the Beats logo they'd have an entirely different opinion of how they sound.

I think this statement  can be interpreted in opposite ways.
I think inthere meant , that some head-fier are bashing the beats here, precisely because they've seen the beats logo.

Also, I don't see why people here are dismissing that the beats could be enjoyable. Overpriced, is not same as crap to me. And once your taste is satisfied, no particular price is expected
wink.gif
. The only remaining question is off course,  how much you are willing to spend.

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #213 of 2,037
Alright. Let me say this and go to bed.

I am prejudiced against beats. But at the same time, I was rather impressed by their Mixr model. Also, the reason I don't like beats is because of Monster. Clearly when beats came out, Monster was capable of making better sounding headphone. Even Noel Lee admitted that beats was a joke, and they were making more serious headphones now.

Anyways, it's three in the morning here, so keep the discussion going without me.

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #214 of 2,037
Quote:
 No, they sound completely different. I'm saying if people didn't see the Beats logo they'd have an entirely different opinion of how they sound.

Who knows, but I don't think so. I really wanted to like Beats. I thought it was cool to see some attention being given to making quality headphones that look good too. I listened to them at a demo and was sorely disappointed. I thought something was wrong with the demo. I checked them later at an Apple store and another demo at Staples. The just suck. Then, I found out that Beats was initially a Monster project and it all made sense.

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #216 of 2,037
You guyz almost make me want to have a listen... or not. I don't have need for beats in my life, and you aren't going to tell me that I could find them better than my amped full size hp's! At least it would be nice to have an opinion to throw into this mess-of-a thread.

Kimvictor, you are now at the 2nd stage of your hifi revelation
wink.gif

Jun 25, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #217 of 2,037
Quote:
  That's exactly what I'm saying. And have you directly compared HD25's to Beats Solo's? I have, and also done so in a room with 7 others and they ALL preferred the Solos by a wide margin. 

I can tell you I'm glad I wasn't in the same room room with those 7 people. :p

No, I have not DIRECTLY compared these two headphones, side by side, A-B. But I have heard probably 5-6 pairs of HD25's out of various setups, and I can tell without a shadow of a doubt that HD25's are considerably better headphones. Every time I listen to them, I am impressed by them. On the other hand hearing Solo's was a disaster. Its the worst sounding of all Beats probably. I dont have to directly compare it to anything to tell if its any good or not. It's poor performance is bad enough to on its own.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #218 of 2,037
Quote:
You guyz almost make me want to have a listen... or not. I don't have need for beats in my life, and you aren't going to tell me that I could find them better than my amped full size hp's! At least it would be nice to have an opinion to throw into this mess-of-a thread.

Kimvictor, you are now at the 2nd stage of your hifi revelation
wink.gif

Doesn't hurt to try them out.  They should be everywhere to try out.  Dre/Monster is a marketing genius so they'll have dedicated sections for them.  You'll probably be disappointed judging from your collection, but sound is pretty subjective anyway.  IMO they weren't that bad and weren't much different sound-wise with the other headphones that were there...but of course they were 100-200 less.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #219 of 2,037
Quote:
But at the same time, I was rather impressed by their Mixr model. 

This.  I keep fighting the Mixr is pretty good fight but no one wants to listen.  LOL.  Sure, the bass is still a bit overblown, but they cleaned up the clarity of the mids and highs significantly over the Solo/Solo HD.  The problem that most people find is it's pretty uncomfortable for the first few days until the headband stretches out a bit.  Clamping force FTW.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #220 of 2,037
Quote:

Doesn't hurt to try them out.  They should be everywhere to try out.  Dre/Monster is a marketing genius so they'll have dedicated sections for them.  You'll probably be disappointed judging from your collection, but sound is pretty subjective anyway.  IMO they weren't that bad and weren't much different sound-wise with the other headphones that were there...but of course they were 100-200 less.

I would like to compare the pros, mixrs and studios to the new B&O H6. The H6 was a fairly enjoyable listen, though not really worth the price tag. 300-350$ would be fair instead of 500$ in my opinion. Not that I personally would buy them at 300.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #221 of 2,037
Quote:
Funny that I was expecting to be disappointed, and I got opposite result.
However I'm convinced that the demo is not enough to learn the full truth regarding these headphones.

The demo at Staples let you plug in your own source. The Solos were still the worst headphones I've ever heard over $30.
I found the Pros to be actually enjoyable, but still less than anything else in their price range.

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #222 of 2,037
Quote:
The demo at Staples let you plug in your own source. The Solos were still the worst headphones I've ever heard over $30.
I found the Pros to be actually enjoyable, but still less than anything else in their price range.

The question is what you have heard over 30$...

Jun 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #223 of 2,037
Quote:

I can tell you I'm glad I wasn't in the same room room with those 7 people. :p

No, I have not DIRECTLY compared these two headphones, side by side, A-B. But I have heard probably 5-6 pairs of HD25's out of various setups, and I can tell without a shadow of a doubt that HD25's are considerably better headphones. Every time I listen to them, I am impressed by them. On the other hand hearing Solo's was a disaster. Its the worst sounding of all Beats probably. I dont have to directly compare it to anything to tell if its any good or not. It's poor performance is bad enough to on its own.

Not trying to convince you Beats are better than HD 25's or any other headphones. Just trying to tell you that there are people that enjoy their sound and will prefer them over many other high end headphones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back