Why the Beats Hate?
Feb 18, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #1,936 of 2,037
No I quoted you said that they sound better than 99% of headphones, which is certainly not the case, but maybe for ON ears you could be correct, because there is not a large selection of good ON ear headphones. But compared to OVER ear headphones, or IEM's, I could think of easily 100 examples that are better than any of the Beats headphones, and no I am not actually going to list 100.

Over ear sounds best, then on ear, then iem. The only place they'd fall short with over ears is sound-stage. Plenty of open backs have horrible sound-stage, funny how audiophiles think open back automatically = better sound-stage. Have you gone and tried them yet? Should be able to find them at any store that sell phones or any apple store (fyi apple bought beats if you want some more inspiration for your irrational and uneducated hate)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 8:28 AM Post #1,937 of 2,037
Feb 18, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #1,938 of 2,037
Over ear sounds best, then on ear, then iem. The only place they'd fall short with over ears is sound-stage. Plenty of open backs have horrible sound-stage, funny how audiophiles think open back automatically = better sound-stage. Have you gone and tried them yet? Should be able to find them at any store that sell phones or any apple store (fyi apple bought beats if you want some more inspiration for your irrational and uneducated hate)

On ears have the worst sound out of all types though, good over ears OR good IEM's sound better than on ears. Also open back will have a nicer soundstage than closed back, not necessarily bigger, but definitely better. Anyway I have nothing more to say about this subject.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #1,939 of 2,037
These should be similar to Sennheiser hd25 II but perhaps with slightly more bass and definitely better treble response.
Should be decent then. I own the Sennheiser though they're not my favourite sounding nowadays

As for Longevity......

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #1,940 of 2,037
Ive listened to the majority of hifi headphones that audiophiles can't stop praising. Majority of them are horrible, even measurements back this up. Maybe 99% is exagerating but certainly above 90% of headphones and certainly beats a vast amount of the hifi headphones.
Don't mistake your opinion or particular 'taste' for fact.

Feb 18, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #1,941 of 2,037
Over ear sounds best, then on ear, then iem

A bit of a generalisation I think :-Grado Rs2e or Sennheiser IE800 vs Beats Studio par example.

I like my on ears only my very comfy HD600 are over ears. People do have different tastes there are no rules

Feb 18, 2019 at 1:53 PM Post #1,942 of 2,037
A bit of a generalisation I think :-Grado Rs2e or Sennheiser IE800 vs Beats Studio par example.

I like my on ears only my very comfy HD600 are over ears. People do have different tastes there are no rules

Well not really, for example obviously you could have an ON ear, that sounds better than IEM, but lets say the best of each type, the order would be : over ear, IEM, on ear.

There are really not a lot of good ON ear headphones, also they are horribly uncomfortable IMO.

Feb 18, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #1,943 of 2,037
As I said I prefer on ear generally They are cooler and I don't mind something gently pressing against my ears rather than clamping my upper jaw and making my ears over heat.

A minority view and one for which I am ALWAYS shotdown for expressing Seems no one should deviate from the norm.

Feb 18, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #1,944 of 2,037
As I said I prefer on ear generally They are cooler and I don't mind something gently pressing against my ears rather than clamping my upper jaw and making my ears over heat.

A minority view and one for which I am ALWAYS shotdown for expressing Seems no one should deviate from the norm.
Stop expressing what you prefer and fall in line! :ksc75smile:

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #1,945 of 2,037
On ears have the worst sound out of all types though, good over ears OR good IEM's sound better than on ears. Also open back will have a nicer soundstage than closed back, not necessarily bigger, but definitely better. Anyway I have nothing more to say about this subject.

You simply cannot get the same soundstage with iem as an on ear. And you can't get same soundstage with an on ear compared to over ear. This all has to do with sound interacting with the outer ear. Soundstage also has everything with being bigger sounding. Imaging has to do with accurate placement or positions of sound. Open back may or may not allow better damping/impulse response hence could sound cleaner due to quicker/ more transient response. Other than soundstage, iem, on ear and around ear can all sound the same I.e. the rest of the sonic properties (e.g. frequency response, THD) can be the same.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #1,947 of 2,037

I also enjoy my on ear headphones due to the light weight and thus comfort, I have a rather weak neck. But sound wise they cannot surpass good over ears.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #1,949 of 2,037

Btw sennheiser high end earphones are pretty bad. Some very very odd tuning. I've yet to see a good sounding high end iem. Only cheap ones such as sony mh1 or chifi ones such as Moondrop iems are doing sound some justice.

Feb 18, 2019 at 6:56 PM Post #1,950 of 2,037
Hehehe you being endlessly annoyed, by other people getting annoyed at how OTHER people spend their money brings me boundless joy.
I have now found joy that you have found joy in me being annoyed at other people being annoyed at other people spending their money. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back