Why the Beats Hate?
Nov 28, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,411 of 2,037
Select 'FORGET DEVICE'

And should add CONNECT to a pair of Sony SBH60s.

Best value, most underrated yet in the real world quite popular Bluetooth headphones. Understated (Beats fans look that word up) style, comfy and sound surprisingly great.

Don't laugh :grin: I'm serious

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,413 of 2,037
 The XS was a screaming disappointment to me...........I haven't heard a decent soundstage on a V-Moda headphone since the M-80

Wow...that's a bummer. I hate when manufacturers make a product 'better' so much that it ends up sucking! :wink:

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #1,415 of 2,037
Agree. Never come across a fully functioning pair!!!

:joy:

Nov 30, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #1,416 of 2,037
Agree. Never come across a fully functioning pair!!!

:joy:

Oh really? How many have you bought so far?

And btw., you were asking me why the Beats are discounted... le me respond with another question: why is there such a discrepancy between the Sennheiser site that has the reccommended prices and amazon which offer pretty big discounts... examlple: HD 598: 249 usd on sennheiser.com and 149 usd on amazon.com ... if they're so good why are they discounted so heavily?

Nov 30, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #1,417 of 2,037
Oh really? How many have you bought so far?

And btw., you were asking me why the Beats are discounted... le me respond with another question: why is there such a discrepancy between the Sennheiser site that has the reccommended prices and amazon which offer pretty big discounts... examlple: HD 598: 249 usd on sennheiser.com and 149 usd on amazon.com ... if they're so good why are they discounted so heavily?

None and never

As daft as it sounds I am almost series. Went to Curry's yesterday to look at tellies. Thought I'd give those Studios a listen. They were wired in connected my phone. Nothing not a sausage, nought. rien, niente. Zilch zero sound. Total silence. Do they actually need power when used wired??

Tried the legendary Solo next. Again just....Silence. Not an impressive demonstration of the stores best sellers.

Not that lack of sound means much to the average Wearer I suppose.

Nov 30, 2016 at 4:15 PM Post #1,418 of 2,037
As for discounting I was again being serious. Makes no business sense that a company that dominates the market needs to discount. Apple don't. Beats are the default choice of the majority even more so than iPhone and people will pay whatever is necessary to look a total tw*t... sorry cool and hip

Sennheiser is just a headphone manufacturer not a cult like Beats.

A ridiculous comparison.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:04 PM Post #1,420 of 2,037
As for discounting I was again being serious. Makes no business sense that a company that dominates the market needs to discount. Apple don't. Beats are the default choice of the majority even more so than iPhone and people will pay whatever is necessary to look a total tw*t... sorry cool and hip

Sennheiser is just a headphone manufacturer not a cult like Beats.

A ridiculous comparison.

I'm not sure about that. There are some warm-eared Senn cults around here.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:23 PM Post #1,424 of 2,037
Beats are mainstream. 

Sennheiser is a cult's cult.

Nov 30, 2016 at 5:58 PM Post #1,425 of 2,037
I wish Apple would've put extra emphasis on audiophile quality, but I think that'll come down the line as wireless technology improves to support higher bitrates. I do think Beats can grow into an audiophile brand. After all it's just a name. Beats gets most of its flack for price these days, but higher quality drivers tuned for elevated bass response at the current price points or even slightly more would be perfectly fine with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back