Why the Beats Hate?
Mar 15, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #1,111 of 2,037
Music and people's preference to it has evolved which beats/jbl is a reflection of. Some people have trouble accepting it or ignoring it and continue enjoying their sound signature instead of getting all butthurt.

I have always just ignored those kinds of people when I have always preferred more detailed bass than some people

Speak for yourself. Music has evolved :sweat:and people's preferences change. Maybe but even with their high fan Base dont forget Beatsy Boys are only a small minority of humanity

Good music never dies and neither do great headphones.
:grinning:

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #1,112 of 2,037
What is 'butthurt' anyway

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #1,113 of 2,037
I have a pair of Beats that I got for free and I almost never use them because they sound so horrible.
Yes they have nice bass but some of the modrange and nearly all of the treeble sound like they're coming from behind a stack of cotton or something.
Even trebly recordings or stuff with shrill guitars (Lush) sounds like crap onthose things.
I'd use my Ultrasone Pro 550's before I used those things nearly every time.

Mar 15, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #1,114 of 2,037
What is 'butthurt' anyway

biggrin.gif
 maybe he had some rought Gay encounter with some dude who rear-ended him hard

Mar 15, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #1,116 of 2,037
  Pissed off, feelings hurt, panties in a bunch......

O right thanks. No that's not how I feel; just bemused, mystified, mind boggled but generally quite amused in my own tiny minded way by the whole Beats phenomenon

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #1,117 of 2,037

Speak for yourself. Music has evolved :sweat:and people's preferences change. Maybe but even with their high fan Base dont forget Beatsy Boys are only a small minority of humanity

Good music never dies and neither do great headphones.
:grinning:

More like a small portion of rock when I can think of other bands which are more mainstream/influential and comparable to beats.

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #1,118 of 2,037
The bass overpowers everything, and the build quality is terrible. If you're going to make it cost as much as a decent Sennheiser or Audio-Technica, then at least make it listenable and somewhat usable for a good amount of time.
I went to Best Buy and the first thing I saw on their Beats Pro on display is the cable insulation that's ripped off. I've also seen broken plastic on these headphones. Definitely not worth $250+.

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:54 PM Post #1,119 of 2,037
The bass overpowers everything, and the build quality is terrible. If you're going to make it cost as much as a decent Sennheiser or Audio-Technica, then at least make it listenable and somewhat usable for a good amount of time.
I went to Best Buy and the first thing I saw on their Beats Pro on display is the cable insulation that's ripped off. I've also seen broken plastic on these headphones. Definitely not worth $250+.

Yes agree regardless of whether you like the sound the build quality is an absolute disgrace at least on the plastic models such as the Solos. Built in obscelence which is fine for a fashion item which is regularly changed I suppose.

Mar 15, 2016 at 9:53 PM Post #1,120 of 2,037
Yes agree regardless of whether you like the sound the build quality is an absolute disgrace at least on the plastic models such as the Solos. Built in obscelence which is fine for a fashion item which is regularly changed I suppose.

I agree don't care for the solo's but the studio's and mixers sound great

My urbearts sound better to me than my previous set v-moda which is quite popular while having good reviews/ratings these days and have lasted longer.

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:47 AM Post #1,121 of 2,037
I agree with you. Almost all headphones are tuned to its own flavor. But for from my own experience with beats studio 1st gen, it has low resolution, low quality bass. It sounds ok on iphone, but is is not good on my desk top set up.

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:38 AM Post #1,122 of 2,037
Latest hard to believe Beats story.

British PM David ('just call me Dave') Cameron caught wearing Union Jack emblazoned Beats. Lovely 

The world just keeps getting an even odder place by the day. What was he thinking?

Maybe he wished they did a pair with the EU flag ?

Mar 31, 2016 at 7:47 AM Post #1,123 of 2,037
  I agree don't care for the solo's but the studio's and mixers sound great

My urbearts sound better to me than my previous set v-moda which is quite popular while having good reviews/ratings these days and have lasted longer.

Personal preference,  I have M100's, V-80s, LP2, and V-Moda XS. Much better build quality than Beats and they're built like tanks. But I also like the sound of Beats better. V-Modas tend to have an extremely congested soundstage. 
  I agree with you. Almost all headphones are tuned to its own flavor. But for from my own experience with beats studio 1st gen, it has low resolution, low quality bass. It sounds ok on iphone, but is is not good on my desk top set up.

That's because 1st gen Beats has its own amp and has always sounded like crap when you try to double amp it. On smartphone though it's louder than everything else (except Beats 2.0) and with the extra bass/warmer signature it presents a pretty convincing argument in the store demo racks, where it's still cleaning up despite some strong new offerings from Sony, Sennheiser, etc.

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #1,124 of 2,037
  I have a pair of Beats that I got for free and I almost never use them because they sound so horrible.
Yes they have nice bass but some of the modrange and nearly all of the treeble sound like they're coming from behind a stack of cotton or something.
Even trebly recordings or stuff with shrill guitars (Lush) sounds like crap onthose things.
I'd use my Ultrasone Pro 550's before I used those things nearly every time.

I don't like more forward mids or treble but there are other brands that accommodate that like skullcandy

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #1,125 of 2,037

Personal preference,  I have M100's, V-80s, LP2, and V-Moda XS. Much better build quality than Beats and they're built like tanks. But I also like the sound of Beats better. V-Modas tend to have an extremely congested soundstage. 

I had a pair of v-moda still do somewhere and also prefer my beats. I haven't had any more trouble with beats than I did v-moda which I replaced a couple times before they dropped their bass freq line

Users who are viewing this thread

Back