Why the Beats Hate?
Feb 25, 2016 at 8:52 AM Post #1,082 of 2,037
  Not sure if mentioned but Best Buy has the Solo 2 on sale for 99.99 in all colors. That's all they're worth, but it's honestly a really great price for what is probably the best sounding in the lineup.

And a well reasoned, somewhat matter of fact video on the Beats hate and why it's WRONG: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6di_OsUtOc

Beats Hate isn't wrong and it's one of the core philosophies of the Head-Fi audiophile. 

Express the fact that you hate Beats and you have instant headphone credibility.

Feb 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #1,083 of 2,037
When i visited Germany in 2014 july-august i tought well germans, they will be wearing Sennheiser, AKG or Beyer dynamic, Ultrasone or at least some Sony

NOPE, ALL WHAT I SAW MOST OF THE TIME WAS BEATS... MORE BEATS AND MOOOOOOORE BEATS, like a PANDEMIC DISEASE, just once or trice i saw  Sennheirser or AKG or Beyer

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:08 AM Post #1,084 of 2,037
Th
When i visited Germany in 2014 july-august i tought well germans, they will be wearing Sennheiser, AKG or Beyer dynamic, Ultrasone or at least some Sony

NOPE, ALL WHAT I SAW MOST OF THE TIME WAS BEATS... MORE BEATS AND MOOOOOOORE BEATS, like a PANDEMIC DISEASE, just once or trice i saw  Sennheirser or AKG or Beyer
That's terrible, virtually the home of headphones has succumbed.

At least in France where I visit there's still a few people of taste Imo.

PortaPros (!) remain popular and there are plenty of AKGs, Sennheiser and of course Focal sold in hypermarkets

Feb 25, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #1,085 of 2,037
Beats Hate isn't wrong and it's one of the core philosophies of the Head-Fi audiophile. 

Express the fact that you hate Beats and you have instant headphone credibility.

Brilliantly said; much better than I've managed so far!

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #1,086 of 2,037
  Not sure if mentioned but Best Buy has the Solo 2 on sale for 99.99 in all colors. That's all they're worth, but it's honestly a really great price for what is probably the best sounding in the lineup.

And a well reasoned, somewhat matter of fact video on the Beats hate and why it's WRONG: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6di_OsUtOc

Didn't watch it all but yes its a decent video. Don't agree that its somehow cool to hate Beats though. That's the point; its overwhelmingly and I think unfortunately cool to like Beats. They don't need defending; people love them and desire them.

The hate or dislike is a minority opinion by  (probably uncool, older but exasperated) people like me and a comparatively tiny number of 'audiophiles' / headphone enthuastiasts.  This forum is probably the only medium where we can air our views... EDIT and frustrations

Feb 25, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #1,087 of 2,037

Agree completely. I felt a lot of his reasoning was fairly correct, but on the other hand a lot of it was fairly wrong as well.

Just because the "average consumer" buys something, doesn't mean it's not crap.

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #1,088 of 2,037

Agree completely. I felt a lot of his reasoning was fairly correct, but on the other hand a lot of it was fairly wrong as well.

Just because the "average consumer" buys something, doesn't mean it's not crap.

The author of the video does have a good point about more people are into headphones due to the marketing of Beats headphones. This is a good thing. As those people mature and understand sound quality, they are more apt to buy good headphones that aren't what all the "cool" kids are wearing around their necks.

If I was to open a headphone boutique shop, I would definitely stock Beats headphones as it is the most popular right now. I would also stock others that are better sounding for less money. For the average consumer, they want a headphone that is popular, stylish, and can easily be driven from their smartphone. Sound quality is further down their priority list. They still listen to mp3s and streaming radio. 

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #1,089 of 2,037
If I was to open a headphone boutique shop, I would definitely stock Beats headphones as it is the most popular right now. I would also stock others that are better sounding for less money. For the average consumer, they want a headphone that is popular, stylish, and can easily be driven from their smartphone. Sound quality is further down their priority list. They still listen to mp3s and streaming radio. 

I do know what you mean about stocking the most popular just to get customers even when you know it's not the best.  My dad was once set on buying a "Carver" amplifier, and he went into a store that sold them ( hificentre.com ), but when he asked the guy about the brand, he only responded something along the lines of "Carver?  Carver is CRAP!  we only put that in the front showroom to attract the young people".

One thing some Head-fi'er's (some, not all) do misunderstand about beats though, is that they sometimes think that beats are the ONLY headphones that are portable, stylish, and have low impedance.  The type of headphone designed for the average consumer is actually a popular market and beats is only a part of that large market.  While that market has lots of models by companies like Beats, Monster, Bose, and Sony,  companies like Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, and AKG also have there slices in that market.  The situation is not like Beats is the only company offering headphones like that, and, as we know, other companies are offering headphones that sound better and are more durable at a far lower price.

Actually that is to some extent incorrect
While Head-fi has the most hate for beats in the entirety of the internet, it's for the most part, not because of the cool factor.

Mainstream people who love Beats simply love them because their friends love them and football players wear them, that's a name brand.
People who hate Beats came to a personal realization that Beats were bad by their own perceptions, it's an unguided and personal journey that everyone here accepts even though they never had any support when they accepted it first.  Then they became active in Head-fi and found an entire culture of other people who came to that same personal realization.

That's why people who love Beats love them, and why people who hate Beats hate them, it's just that the hate side simply isn't saying "I hate that because it's popular", instead they said, "I want to look at headphones for what they are" and found out that Beats actually sucks.

This is not to say that some people don't go around saying "I hate Beats" simply because everyone else says "I love Beats", their probably are some people who do.  Sadly.

P.S.:  Don't you people all hate it when someone buys a product because their favorite celebrity uses that product, even when the celebrity's profession has nothing to do with the product, instead of taking the advice of someone who actually knows about the product?
(i.e. Someone buys Beats because a football player wears them instead of taking the advice of a headphone enthusiast)
Please tell me your thoughts on this.

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,090 of 2,037
  While Head-fi has the most hate for beats in the entirety of the internet, it's for the most part, not because of the cool factor.

Oh yes it is because of the cool factor. Dozens of Head-Fiers, some in this very thread have admitted to never hearing Beats. Some even admit refusing to even listen to them just because they're Beats.
  Mainstream people who love Beats simply love them because their friends love them and football players wear them, that's a name brand.

You and others conveniently forget the fact that Beats are available to demo everywhere they're sold. Yes, some people actually love the sound. I have more friends that will swear on a stack of bibles that Beats are the best sounding headphones on the planet and nothing else even comes close. 

I've been on a 7 year journey of headphone buying and listening testing to find headphones that my friends would like better than Beats. The only universal winners were Fostex TH600's and Mr. Speakers Alpha Dogs. Monster Adidas also did great. Sennheiser HD800's failed, so did HD650's and 600's, LCD 2's and 3's, and dozens of others. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #1,091 of 2,037
BEATS is a FASHIONISTA BRAND is fashion, the jewels of the ears..... they have the "cool" factor and many wannabe like their friend, celeb etc.

Call me blacksheep BAAAAAHHHH but i do auction headphones and choose sound over fashion and other important, durability is a factor for me

I tried a pair of BOSEs after some one told me they were the best in the wrold... frankly I wasn't that impressed, but i do bet bose sound better than beats

Mar 7, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #1,092 of 2,037
There is nothing 'cool' about doing the same as everyone else. They are but pathetic sheep.

Mar 7, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,094 of 2,037
There is nothing 'cool' about doing the same as everyone else. They are but pathetic sheep.

Yes I know what you mean and i said as sarcasm LOL i know beats suck sooo bad. I tried to iglight why people buy beats, because my friends, x celeb wears them and i wannabe like them

I prefer to be a blacksheep in the crow of white sheeps and wer other good quality brand heaphones

Users who are viewing this thread

Back