Why the Beats Hate?
Dec 12, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #1,007 of 2,037
  I work for Apple at one of its retail stores here in Dallas, and the general consensus with us team members here is that Beats sound pretty bad 
biggrin.gif
 For both the headphones and the speakers

For speakers, we'll usually point to the UE Boom/Megaboom as better choices. For headphones.. well, let's just say I sneak a Sennheiser recommend here and there!

what about Solo 2?
I've seen very mixed reviews but recently had a pleasure to listen to them.
While they have some flaws to my taste they sound much better than the garbage Beats produced before.
Was really considering to grab a pair to audition them for more time.

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #1,008 of 2,037
  I had the Beats Tour, which went in your ear. I actually liked them because of the bass and the warm sound, but then Beats became their own company, and at some point after that, I needed a replacement (was under warranty). I got a new pair in the mail and I didn't like them. Harsh treble, worse sound overall. They were better when they were with Monster. I haven't used Beats in years.

The new tours are rated to have more bass than their original counterpart(reviewed as weaker bass than ibeats).. So maybe you got a defective pair

New beats are generally rated better than their first models with monster but in the end it will come down to preference.

Dec 12, 2015 at 12:57 PM Post #1,009 of 2,037
Solo2s are a godsend to people who always wanted The look and the image and can now justify because they are not truly awful.

It's a bit like a car company that's made their first car that the doors and wheels don't actually fall off each time you start the engine. That's the scale of the achievement. They have manufacturer a product thats probably fit for purpose that's all. They get accolades for selling a product that's not a pile of junk and we should all be so grateful

Dec 12, 2015 at 2:56 PM Post #1,010 of 2,037
I haven't heard them but saw someone take apart a pair and they had some bits of metal stuck inside to make them seem more substantial than they actually were. 

Do they actually use them when making their albums or just pose for the publicity shots before putting on some studio monitors I wonder. 

Dec 12, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #1,011 of 2,037
Ask yourself would they even be getting a mention on here if they came from any other company than Beats which prior to the release of the adequate Solo2 had an appalling and shameful track record in producing tasteless badly made terrible sounding rip off excuses for headphones. The Solo2's only small strength is it's better than the stinking pile of dog crape that came before it.

I don't think I'll ever be a fan no matter how hard I try :wink:

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #1,012 of 2,037
Here's how to bring down the Football team you dislike the most..

You deliver a box of free Beats to their locker room and make sure that there isn't enough Beats for everyone, then it will all play out by itself!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25411064/details-emerge-on-2-giants-players-fighting-over-free-beats-headphones

Dec 13, 2015 at 11:35 AM Post #1,013 of 2,037
Sums up their appeal nicely thanks for sharing.

Dec 13, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #1,014 of 2,037
Wore my HD25s today at work on my lunch break and the usual responses were: Should have got some Beats, have you heard Beats? Beats are the best.

Summary for general public headphones ARE Beats.

The word is becoming synonymous with headphones like Hoovers are vacuum cleaners, Biros are pens. The word headphone will eventually disappear from the vocabulary. you will listen to music in 2 ways; speakers (mainly Bluetooth) or Beats.

Depressing

Dec 13, 2015 at 2:50 PM Post #1,016 of 2,037
For the London Olympics the British team or Team GB as we now call them were provided with Adidas HD25s but every athlete i saw chose to wear Beats instead through choice I assume?!?

Dec 13, 2015 at 3:20 PM Post #1,017 of 2,037
ido agree with @Jackson 6 rap/reggaethon/hi-hop are so dead genres nothing worth. I can bear beatles/doors etc BECUASE THEY WERE CONSERVATORIUM TRAINED MUSICIANS... what does Bieber, britney, eminem do??? di he went ot a music conservatorium? ummm Nooooo they just pre mix, and make rabdom stuff and they call them selves prodigies/artists LOL  
Most electronic music is layed on speakers and then recorded LOL, there is no real-life instrument there which produces a different sound and has its own spirit.

Seek help immediately.

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #1,018 of 2,037
Now then

That original post didn't have a lot to do with subject which a IMO a friendly light hearted discussion that is trival in the great scheme of things namely the objectionable purveyor of nasty nasty and evil headphone culture that is Beats and Mr Dre himself.

but neither is it good form bring it back up now!

This very wonderful thread is frequented by 2 types of people

People like me who are a dying breed, Some might say thankfully,who cannot understand the weird world they inhabit where something like the Beats phenomenon can exist and flourish and wish to vent their frustration and rage if they desire

Secondly it gives a chance for forward thinking in vogue Beatsy Boys a chance to explain their love and justify his purchase if he feels the need

Long may it continue:)

Edited numerous times for spelling innacvurasiz

Dec 13, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #1,019 of 2,037
Suppose I need help as well

Dec 13, 2015 at 5:37 PM Post #1,020 of 2,037
Will, you are too good for this thread. My advice is that you turn around and run. 

(BTW, I'm a big fan of your work, thank you for doing all that you do)

No-one is too good for this thread. It's easily the most constructive on the whole site. All are welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back