Why the Beats Hate?
May 13, 2014 at 11:51 AM Post #571 of 2,037
  It's for shalow people who care about what other people think of them and what they are wearing which phone they are using etc etc

There are a lot of materialistic people these days and Dre just cashed in on that he turned a headphone in to a fashion accessory via getting famous people to wear them and the sheep lapped it up.

Well, in my opinion, I think that Dre is only yet another of Beats' army of endorsers, because I don't think he has any power in the production of the headphones other than haveing his name on them; other than that, it's probbaly it. Why? Because knowing the manipulative army of lawyers in the corporate side of the business, I don't think Dre has much of a say in it.

May 13, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #572 of 2,037
I don't really think it's fair to say that Beats owners are materialistic when us here on Head-Fi have headphone collections, and get rid of equipment every time we have the money for a tiny improvement in sound quality. At least they don't throw things away or get rid of them even though they work fine, like we do :p.

May 13, 2014 at 10:34 PM Post #576 of 2,037
Don't ask why people hate them. Create a beats appreciation thread. I can't seem to find one here anyway. I have not worn them, so why not create a thread about them so people who don't understand why you like them can? There are probably others, however sparse they may be, who like them.

EDIT 1.0: Sorry about the run on sentence up there. Sometimes I try.

May 14, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #578 of 2,037
I hope Apple's gonna put some sound engineering in those cans, so that their SQ would match their design quality...
I know I have way too big hopes... :frowning2:

And on the opposite side they could implement beat "technology" in the macbooks and so...

DON'T. PLEASE. I COULDN'T FACE MY MACBOOK ANYMORE WITHOUT FEELING HORRIBLE.

May 14, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #579 of 2,037
  I hope Apple's gonna put some sound engineering in those cans, so that their SQ would match their design quality...
I know I have way too big hopes... :frowning2:

And on the opposite side they could implement beat "technology" in the macbooks and so...

DON'T. PLEASE. I COULDN'T FACE MY MACBOOK ANYMORE WITHOUT FEELING HORRIBLE.

What happens now won't affect what's already happened in the past, so your MacBook will not be affected.

Don't get "Sound Quality" and "what customers think is quality" mixed up. What Apple is doing right now is more on the "what customers think is quality" side. But in truth, it is working really well for them. 

May 14, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #580 of 2,037
The free ear buds I got with my cowon X9 blow apple ear buds out of the water, in fact they sound better then 100$ beats full size headphones. The sound quality on my mbp speakers is probably its worst attribute, and far from acceptable for a 2000$ laptop. Take it, it is a laptop, but still. Apple is not known for its sound engineers. 

May 14, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #581 of 2,037
  The free ear buds I got with my cowon X9 blow apple ear buds out of the water, in fact they sound better then 100$ beats full size headphones. The sound quality on my mbp speakers is probably its worst attribute, and far from acceptable for a 2000$ laptop. Take it, it is a laptop, but still. Apple is not known for its sound engineers. 

$100 full-sized Beats? Sorry to break it to you, but they're probably fake.

The 15" MBP in my opinion has higher than average speakers for a laptop. The 13" though is a bit disappointing.

May 14, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #582 of 2,037
  $100 full-sized Beats? Sorry to break it to you, but they're probably fake.

The 15" MBP in my opinion has higher than average speakers for a laptop. The 13" though is a bit disappointing.

My mistake, 180$ http://www.amazon.com/Beats-Over-Ear-Headphone-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B008CS5ZRU/ref=pd_sim_e_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=08E61ZAEBTVZ382HWZF4

makes it even worse.....that's the price they should be. 100$, if even. 

Dont buy beats buy these 

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50-Professional-Monitor-Headphones/dp/B000ULAP4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400123226&sr=1-1&keywords=ath+m50

or these

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-770-PRO-32-Headphone-Monitoring-Applications/dp/B008POFOHM/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1400123275&sr=1-1&keywords=beyerdynamic+dt770

May 15, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #583 of 2,037

I think most of us here know well enough to not buy Beats, thank you very much. But then again, there has been a lot of buzz going on about the M50s being taken off the throne as reigning king of headphones. A lot of them say the build quality sucks, and it just doesn't sound as good as they say. I, for one, love the M50s, but would prefer trying something less...chunky-looking. As for the Beyers, I don't think I could argue with that.

May 15, 2014 at 6:36 AM Post #584 of 2,037

I think most of us here know well enough to not buy Beats, thank you very much. But then again, there has been a lot of buzz going on about the M50s being taken off the throne as reigning king of headphones. A lot of them say the build quality sucks, and it just doesn't sound as good as they say. I, for one, love the M50s, but would prefer trying something less...chunky-looking. As for the Beyers, I don't think I could argue with that.

The M50's time is definitely nearly up as the king.

I don't see what's wrong with buying Beats even if you do know they aren't very good. I've bought four pairs, and only regret buying three of them.

May 15, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #585 of 2,037

The M50's time is definitely nearly up as the king.

I don't see what's wrong with buying Beats even if you do know they aren't very good. I've bought four pairs, and only regret buying three of them.

Audio Technica should probably make a successor to that pair, considering the fact that they were the king of headphones for quite some time. I dunno...ATH-M60 perhaps? 
biggrin.gif
 Removable cable, better build materials, more refined SQ... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back