Why the Beats Hate?
Jan 18, 2014 at 8:20 AM Post #515 of 2,037
I am reminded of my first hearing of the loudly acclaimed Warfdale speakers. Reputed for thier solid bass, using multiple sheets of plywood damped with sand between ( an acceptable construction technique in it's day ( pre sealed enclosures )
and my only reaction was: "As muddy as the Mississippi!"

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #516 of 2,037
  I am reminded of my first hearing of the loudly acclaimed Warfdale speakers. Reputed for thier solid bass, using multiple sheets of plywood damped with sand between ( an acceptable construction technique in it's day ( pre sealed enclosures )
and my only reaction was: "As muddy as the Mississippi!"

Uhh, it's Wharfedale.
Have a pair of Diamond 9.1s in the living room. Also recall seeing a whole set (forgot the model) back in the home where I grew up. Is it as bad as you say they are? Lol.

Jan 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #518 of 2,037
I am just surprised there isn't more Studios love. There is a big difference in those and other Beats.

I happen to agree with you.

The key here is how many of the anti-Beats guys have actually listened to them at all or long enough to get a sense of them instead of just hearing them at that godawful BestBuy display. I have a feeling what a truthful poll would show.

Are they D2000's quality? No but they have a place. Plug into your phone and they fill the bill.

To each their own. No sense debating this here on the 62nd Beats hate type thread..........

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #519 of 2,037
I am just surprised there isn't more Studios love. There is a big difference in those and other Beats.

I happen to agree with you.

The key here is how many of the anti-Beats guys have actually listened to them at all or long enough to get a sense of them instead of just hearing them at that godawful BestBuy display. I have a feeling what a truthful poll would show.

Are they D2000's quality? No but they have a place. Plug into your phone and they fill the bill.

To each their own. No sense debating this here on the 62nd Beats hate type thread..........

Yup. I have been listening to the matte black studios I got this past Monday. Not bad at all. Again, for a portable device like a phone or ipod they sound quite good. Good mids and treble too. Not overblows bass. I mean, its there, but it sounds good. Tight and controlled. No mud here. I'm quite impressed. Again at $299 maybe too much, but I had a gift card and didn't pay for them. Easy for me to put in the hard case and travel for the planes I take too often.

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #520 of 2,037
Yup. I have been listening to the matte black studios I got this past Monday. Not bad at all. Again, for a portable device like a phone or ipod they sound quite good. Good mids and treble too. Not overblows bass. I mean, its there, but it sounds good. Tight and controlled. No mud here. I'm quite impressed. Again at $299 maybe too much, but I had a gift card and didn't pay for them. Easy for me to put in the hard case and travel for the planes I take too often.

I envy you. The Matte Black ones aren't even available in my country yet. Straya!

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:58 PM Post #521 of 2,037

I envy you. The Matte Black ones aren't even available in my country yet. Straya!

I'd rather have gotten the titanium color, but no way to get them discounted yet...only sold online or at apple stores. BB would price match amazon so I paid $259 but again, had a gift card.

These are definitely no open can, nor some analytical one, but from the comments from the haters, I don't see how they have given these a listen and can say the same things they say about other beats.

Jan 19, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #523 of 2,037
Don't think these really burn in, but they sound pretty darn good so far.

I think they're meant to sound impressive from the get-go. First impressions are everything!

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #524 of 2,037
Just got a pair of the original Studio's and am very happy with them.  They sound better TO ME than the M-100 I replaced them with and being fed by an iPod classic --->Arrow 3G amp they thump with the bass boost on level 1 on the Arrow.  That noise cancellation is a side benefit but I like it. 

Anyway, count me in as very impressed at the value. Which, by the way, I paid $100 for................

Jan 22, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #525 of 2,037
I am very unhappy that beats will be shutting down MOG. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back