Why the Beats Hate?
Sep 7, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #737 of 2,037
Not sure if you took one part of my post and ran with it, but I'm not saying beats were the first to introduce a removable cable. That said, I do think they are a good all around set of cans that include both the removable cable and a nice hard case (which I also find Important ( a small hard case for portability). Oh and the new studios actually sound good people. I know they are beats and the coolest thing to do is bag on a set most haven't even heard, or refuse to listen because they say beats on them. However, the new studios don't sound like old beats. Not that I care to really change anyone's mind. I'm happy with my purchase.

Well said :beerchug:

I love the new Studios, but TBH, the original Studios were never anywhere near what the criticism they got and still get people banging on with same old sound bites they picked up off the interwebs - lol :D

Honestly, my eyes glaze whenever I hear beats as having "muddy bass" picked up off another beats hating drone copy Amazon review and the "muddy bass" sound bite viral slur is passed on to another - the only thing "muddy" is that BS term - lol.

There should be a dedicated emotion smiley for beats haters and one for muddy bass as there is for the HD650 veiled sound flogging a dead horse :D

They're like a stuck vinyl record jumping and repeating the same schiit on an analogue loop - dear lord have mercy on beats sound bite flappers :D

General note: Citing beats have "muddy bass" does not make for a perceived credible audiophile, but rather the contrary (audiophool?)(IMO :D :p)

ps - any truth in the rumours that Dre himself is going to be new admin second only to Jude?

We'd see some overnight changes of "muddy" sound bites diminish for sure - huge lulz etc :D

"Do U even muddy bro " should be written into the HF rules - *facepalm* :D

Sep 8, 2014 at 3:53 AM Post #738 of 2,037
A muddy or wooly bass can certainly be achieved by wearing ones beats over a beanie hat pulled down to cover the ears prior to the beats being oh so carefully positioned on top of said wooly hat. As is the fashion witnessed by myself on several trips to our modeish capital, London
Although maybe some of these fashionistas are making full use of the removable cable function and just going for that look. Using their Beasts as intended- Classy Ear Muffs for the summrr months or maybe the Just Don't Work

Sep 8, 2014 at 4:24 AM Post #739 of 2,037
Does anyone have any info on when the new Pro line will be released or any possible specs/pics? I have been debating getting a fake/dead speaker beats pro detox or other exotic color and gutting the speakers inside and using some of my fresh spare set of Ultrasone Pro 900 speakers + dynomat tuning to make a top class sounding, good looking/trendy set of cans. 

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #740 of 2,037
A muddy or wooly bass can certainly be achieved by wearing ones beats over a beanie hat pulled down to cover the ears prior to the beats being oh so carefully positioned on top of said wooly hat. As is the fashion witnessed by myself on several trips to our modeish capital, London
Although maybe some of these fashionistas are making full use of the removable cable function and just going for that look. Using their Beasts as intended- Classy Ear Muffs for the summrr months or maybe the Just Don't Work

Honestly, I've gone for that look on the streets before, but it backfires when people kept stopping me to compliment fact I was wearing genuine Detox Pro's - because they just exude excellence :D

http://www.head-fi.org/g/i/1169480/40mm-fight-club-monster-beats-detox/sort/display_order/

But it's not a beats exclusive thing - check DJ in video - he's using Sennheiser HD25's over his hoody and still mixing vinyl also whilst exuding extreme excellence :cool: :wink: :p

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/Pzp-CICHkxQ[/VIDEO]​

Does anyone have any info on when the new Pro line will be released or any possible specs/pics? I have been debating getting a fake/dead speaker beats pro detox or other exotic color and gutting the speakers inside and using some of my fresh spare set of Ultrasone Pro 900 speakers + dynomat tuning to make a top class sounding, good looking/trendy set of cans. 

Dude, I read that twice and it still makes no sense to me....I did go for a third run but half way through noticed my hands were forming into fists.....I think I was about to go full blown rustled bro...and now I really think I need a frappuccino - I'm off to Starbucks for some cold caffeine laced meds..... :D :rolleyes: :)

Sep 8, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #741 of 2,037
Dude, I read that twice and it still makes no sense to me....I did go for a third run but half way through noticed my hands were forming into fists.....I think I was about to go full blown rustled bro...and now I really think I need a frappuccino - I'm off to Starbucks for some cold caffeine laced meds.....​
center]
center]
center]

Lol. I just want to get the best of both worlds man. Clean, crystal highs, and warm punchy lows while trying to get 1/10th the street cred as Dr. Dre. I really dig the blacked out detox look (or as an alternative the crystal rocked 24ct gold plated beats pros, if they are actually gold plated...), but I also know that you can put in better drivers in that frame to do the awesome look more sonic justice (not that the pros sound awful, if I recall, they sound the cleanest out of all the beats line with exception of the new solo2s). 

Sep 8, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #742 of 2,037
HD25s worn on top of hoody thats criminal even Beats dont deserve that fate

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #743 of 2,037
"I just want to get the best of both worlds man. Clean, crystal highs, and warm punchy lows while trying to get 1/10th the street cred as Dr. Dre"

It's a sad world when you can purchase street cred at the local Best Buy.

Sep 11, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #744 of 2,037
  "I just want to get the best of both worlds man. Clean, crystal highs, and warm punchy lows while trying to get 1/10th the street cred as Dr. Dre"

It's a sad world when you can purchase street cred at the local Best Buy.

Yeah, you'd think "street cred" for a headphone should come from studios actually using them (and not because they have a paid spot to be used on American Idol practice sessions either). Then again, where did the term "street cred" come from or who popularized it? When it comes to audio and you take it literally, what do you find on the street? A guy with a boombox on his shoulder, or some drug dealaz Escalade loaded with Audiobahns.

Sep 12, 2014 at 3:13 AM Post #745 of 2,037

Yeah, you'd think "street cred" for a headphone should come from studios actually using them (and not because they have a paid spot to be used on American Idol practice sessions either). Then again, where did the term "street cred" come from or who popularized it? When it comes to audio and you take it literally, what do you find on the street? A guy with a boombox on his shoulder, or some drug dealaz Escalade loaded with Audiobahns.

Just calm down. Clearly the audio quality is most important for me. That's why I'm trying to get the best audio quality out of them by gutting the drivers and replacing them with something real DJs and studios actually use (and many basshead audiophiles). I just really like how the Beats Pro look. I know it's against many audiophiles' ethical code to never say anything good about beats or people who dig them, but that just makes the audiophile crowd the same type of naive and pretentious persona that they ironically are claiming to renounce. 

Sep 12, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #746 of 2,037
I can't believe this. Defending a product that requires all its innards to be replaced ny components from another manufacturer just to perform to the standard the makers claim for it. By all means do whatever you want, Sounds a good idea, but to feel the need to tell people on a thread
named 'Why the Beats Hate' by confirming that product is all show and no go takes the biscuit

Any way well done you've explained perfectly the tile of this thread so who's being ironic

Sep 12, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #747 of 2,037
  Just calm down. Clearly the audio quality is most important for me. That's why I'm trying to get the best audio quality out of them by gutting the drivers and replacing them with something real DJs and studios actually use (and many basshead audiophiles). I just really like how the Beats Pro look. I know it's against many audiophiles' ethical code to never say anything good about beats or people who dig them, but that just makes the audiophile crowd the same type of naive and pretentious persona that they ironically are claiming to renounce. 

Audio quality isn't just about the drivers. The enclosure and port design also contributes to the overall quality of sound. 

Besides, the Ultrasone Pro 900s wouldn't be a good candidate for a driver swap, because it is known for its V-curve sound signature; boomy bass, recessed mids and un-detailed highs. (Sound familiar?) Heck, even the Beats Pro's stock drivers might sound better in their native enclosure than the Pro 900's, because the drivers were (presumably) designed for their respective enclosures. Dynamat tuning won't make much difference on such a small scale, and neither would acoustic barriers.

Sep 13, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #749 of 2,037
  Audio quality isn't just about the drivers. The enclosure and port design also contributes to the overall quality of sound. 

Besides, the Ultrasone Pro 900s wouldn't be a good candidate for a driver swap, because it is known for its V-curve sound signature; boomy bass, recessed mids and un-detailed highs. (Sound familiar?) Heck, even the Beats Pro's stock drivers might sound better in their native enclosure than the Pro 900's, because the drivers were (presumably) designed for their respective enclosures. Dynamat tuning won't make much difference on such a small scale, and neither would acoustic barriers.

At first I thought that you just might not be a Pro 900 fan and probably just have really high standards for sound quality, but I think now you probably mistook the pro 900s for another headphone. The pro 900 are one of the better closed set of cans for bassheads because they don't actually have any boomy bass compared to the amount of bass they produce - that's why they have a decent following even here on head fi where people are quite sensitive on bass amount/bloom. Still though, maybe you have really really high standards for bass (although I'm not quite sure because you browse the beats thread here..) and the pro 900's bass doesn't meet your standard of clean/punchy, sure. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there. The comment that's just factually inaccurate is that the pro 900s have undetailed highs. In fact, the pro 900s are notorious for having shiny, overpresent, extremely detailed highs to the point that the sibilance is an issue for some. The highs are just about as detailed as I think any basshead headphone can possibly have aside from the TH900/TH600 if you count those as basshead cans. I've heard tons of bassy headphones and the detail the pro 900 manages to keep in the highs while being so bassy is simply astonishing. So you're just objectively/factually wrong there - not really a matter of taste/opinion, it's just not true. They do have quite ****ty mids though. That's pretty much the only thing you got right. 

The enclosure might actually be a problem like you've said. But again, I can't possibly imagine how the enclosure will make so much of a difference that fake beats speakers would sound better in them than genuine pro 900 drivers. I guess I'll find out when/if I try it since I have a pair of pro 900 speakers just collecting dust. 

Sep 15, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #750 of 2,037
Maybe someone said this before (i will not read all the thread...) but ... i wonder about the sound of the new Solo's. Tyll was pleased with them o.O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcpIba9SSjE

Users who are viewing this thread

Back