Why the Beats Hate?
Apr 12, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #1,726 of 2,037
We should not condemn or belittle those who choose Beats. They make their purchase based on factors other than sound quality. They see headphones as a fashion statement not a means of aural bliss.
We should not be judgemental just because most of us buy headphones searching for aural nirvana, others could care less about sound the Beats logo says you have arrived and are part of a larger fraternity of the fashionable.
Who am I to argue with their thinking.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #1,727 of 2,037
We should not condemn or belittle those who choose Beats. They make their purchase based on factors other than sound quality. They see headphones as a fashion statement not a means of aural bliss.
We should not be judgemental just because most of us buy headphones searching for aural nirvana, others could care less about sound the Beats logo says you have arrived and are part of a larger fraternity of the fashionable.
Who am I to argue with their thinking.

Beats Pro - overpriced junk with muddy bass that has no impact.

Current Studio - poorly-tuned, poorly-made. 

Solo3 - great for a warm, non-muddy bassy headphone.

BeatsX - slightly above average for an in-ear (prefer them to the Piston), but not particularly impressive beyond wireless capabilities.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #1,728 of 2,037
rtings' Solo3 review is for the most part their best-reviewed wireless headphone yet, with "excellent bass and treble." Most of these scores in sound quality best a lot of audiophile products.

http://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/beats/solo3-wireless

Apr 12, 2017 at 9:20 AM Post #1,729 of 2,037
Everyone knows Beats is world renowned for their high resolution sound reproduction as witnessed by the sheer number of awards they have received for audio excellence.
Wait I think I hear a cricket. But if you listening with Beats you wouldn't be able to hear the sound of a cricket.
But there is nothing wrong with that, some people don't like hearing everything in a recording it can mask the "beat",why let pesky mid's and high's interfere with a perfectly good piece of music.

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #1,730 of 2,037
Everyone knows Beats is world renowned for their high resolution sound reproduction as witnessed by the sheer number of awards they have received for audio excellence.
Wait I think I hear a cricket. But if you listening with Beats you wouldn't be able to hear the sound of a cricket.
But there is nothing wrong with that, some people don't like hearing everything in a recording it can mask the "beat",why let pesky mid's and high's interfere with a perfectly good piece of music.

"Haters gonna hate hate hate hate"

Even when Beats produces perfectly good headphones, best-in-class even.

Apr 12, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #1,732 of 2,037
Why is this thread still going on? Beats is surpassed in every category by many other headphones.

'Beats is surpassed in every category by many other headphones.' correct yet they embarrass and dominate all others in terms sales.

You gave a perfect reason why this still thread still lives. Where else can you address this illogical (often worst in class but most popular by a country mile) anomaly?

Apr 12, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #1,733 of 2,037

Hey, I am on your side. I am supportive of your choice. You should be able to choose what ever headphone satisfies your own personal tastes. I will not fault anyone for that. I have headphones in my collection that are not true audiophile grade but I enjoy listening to them with certain genres of music. They are just plain fun to listen to. But I also do not try to say they are top shelf cans. Some I paid too much for on a price to performance scale but I don't delude myself about that. I don't try to convince others that the premium price made them worth it.
I am very aware that Beats has made measurably improvements in their sound but they still don't match up with many other brands on a price to performance scale.
I am not a hater of Beats or anyone who uses them. Beats is responsible for the major resurgence in the headphone industry we are seeing today. Without them we would not be experiencing the explosion of the many great headphones we have today.
I hope someday that I can join you in celebrating a pair of Beats that can beat the competition on a price to performance match up. But until then we will have to agree to disagree on the Beats sound signature. I doubt they have much incentive to change because like Coca-Cola learned years ago you don't change a successful formula. The very name defines it's sound and target audience and if you enjoy that sound signature why not embrace it.

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:12 PM Post #1,734 of 2,037

Drums keep pounding
A rhythm to the brain
La de da de de, la de da de da...

:basshead:

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:31 PM Post #1,735 of 2,037
Wore my Liverpool Beats today-in Manchester, and they sounded GREAT.

Apr 12, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,736 of 2,037
Apr 12, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #1,737 of 2,037
One persons beauty is another person's beast.

My nieces and nephews love their Beats too. They wear them every day on their bus to school.

Peace, Love and Nirvana to Beats fans everywhere. Truly,if you gotta have Beats you gotta have Beats. I admire people who know what they like and go for it.

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #1,738 of 2,037
  And lived to tell the tale?!? Wow.

Lol, nobody noticed but omg the LEAKAGE! It was like walking around with a ghetto blaster on.

Oops, nobody knows what a ghetto blaster is these days.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #1,739 of 2,037
This weekend I'll be wearing me Sunderland editions doon Toon (Newcastle Bigg market) :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back