Why Does Grado Keep The Throwback To The 50s Styling?
Mar 10, 2007 at 5:04 PM Post #61 of 93
I guess I'm like most folks here -- function over form when it comes to Grados. Besides, there seems to be universal consensus that open headphones aren't suited for use it public, so why do you care what they look like when you're using them at home-- you're ears don't.
wink.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 6:23 PM Post #62 of 93
First, the Grado design does not date from the fifties. They're reminiscent of the earliest headset designs from the twenties.

Second, you can't see headphones while you're listening to them. Who cares what they look like? If they sound good, put them on.

Mar 10, 2007 at 6:34 PM Post #63 of 93
Because they look great
tongue.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #64 of 93
i love em as well, i'm thinking about getting a pair of 60,s or 80's to compliment my now modded 325s

would love a lighter grado

Mar 11, 2007 at 12:13 AM Post #66 of 93
I think they really look cool, so when I was listening at a pair of rs1 on a linn system and out of my iriver I really wanted them to sound good, but I thought they sounded like crap, but some day I will give them a new chance.

Mar 11, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #68 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
None of my other phones are as comfortable (as in disappear) as my SR60s with flats and that includes K501s, 701s and Lambda Pros. Your head size may vary.

Of the three: MS-1, MS2i and HD600; the MS-1 with reversed 414s are the most comfortable for my particular ears.

For looks; I like the MS2i best!

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #69 of 93
I'm probably one of those rare folk who liked the Grado look straightaway, and I'd even go so far as to say that I think the HD414 pads really suit the plastic chamber models
icon10.gif

But well, in the end...one man's meat is another man's poison.

Mar 11, 2007 at 3:22 PM Post #71 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentVX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm probably one of those rare folk who liked the Grado look straightaway.

Oh Yeah! When I first started looking at cans, the first place I looked was the Grado web-site since I didn't know yet how to properly spell Alessandro and I knew they were made by Grado.

And the first picture I saw!....yup, I was hooked as well! But it was the picture of the RS-2 with the squishy-looking leather headband and glorious wooden housings that really set the hook!

Mar 11, 2007 at 4:07 PM Post #72 of 93
Unless you plan on using a mirror when listening to music, I would stop caring about looks and start caring about the sound.

Mar 11, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #75 of 93
it's because they hate their customers.
1. they want all the pressure of the headband to concentrate in one area, so that we can learn to meditate
2. they want the headphones to constantly slip off so that we don't get hearing loss.
3. they want the cups to slide down so that we can readjust the headphone every 3 minutes so as not to forget that we are listening to headphones, and not enjoying a music performance.
4. they want us to admire their beauty, take pictures of them, and go through their pain as if they were something we were meant to love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back