Why Does Grado Keep The Throwback To The 50s Styling?
Mar 11, 2007 at 5:53 PM Post #76 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by vilg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Unless you plan on using a mirror when listening to music, I would stop caring about looks and start caring about the sound.

That's a lame argument. On one hand I have sound in an ugly package, in the other I have sound in an attractive package. I'll take option 2, thanks.

I'm willing to bet most of us have their headphones actually out, if not on display on hooks, stands, etc.

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #78 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. they want all the pressure of the headband to concentrate in one area, so that we can learn to meditate
2. they want the headphones to constantly slip off so that we don't get hearing loss.
3. they want the cups to slide down so that we can readjust the headphone every 3 minutes so as not to forget that we are listening to headphones, and not enjoying a music performance.

Yeah sure, if you are listening while using a trampoline and hitting your head on the edge all the time
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burns11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm willing to bet most of us have their headphones actually out, if not on display on hooks, stands, etc.

Yes, but we don't sit there gawking at them with the urge to masturbate, although it sounds like a few of you do. Headphones are for listening to and enjoying music. If you had a hot date and she invited you to her place, would you have fun or make her do crossword puzzles to measure her level of intelligence?

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:22 PM Post #79 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The styling is awesome. I just wish they weren't built so cheaply.

Agreed. The build quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #80 of 93
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beagle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but we don't sit there gawking at them with the urge to masturbate, although it sounds like a few of you do.

Unfortunately I don't have the same sexual attraction to inanimate objects as you seem to have, but that doesn't change the fact that if it's out in the open you are going to see it and why not go with the more pleasing looking object?

If you go to buy a couch, do you just throw a ball and buy whatever it hits? No, you look for one that is pleasing to your eye, see if it's comfortable and that's the one you buy. You don't see it when you sit on it, who cares what it looks like, right?

You don't see a lamp when you use it either, but you still buy one that looks nice in your place.

Mar 11, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #81 of 93
Quote:

Unfortunately I don't have the same sexual attraction to inanimate objects as you seem to have, but that doesn't change the fact that if it's out in the open you are going to see it and why not go with the more pleasing looking object?

You sound like a flasher or one who has been flashed.

Quote:

If you go to buy a couch, do you just throw a ball and buy whatever it hits? No, you look for one that is pleasing to your eye, see if it's comfortable and that's the one you buy. You don't see it when you sit on it, who cares what it looks like, right?

You don't see a lamp when you use it either, but you still buy one that looks nice in your place.

Terrible analogy. What do couches and lamps have to do with headphones? A better one would be showing concern about what the ice cream scoop looks like.

Mar 11, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #82 of 93
I am one of those who love the looks and even more; the sound, of their Grado phones. I either wear them...which is the best way to enjoy them, or I leave them fully exposed on a hook for all to see in a place of honor right by my computer monitor where they are in easy reach at a moment notice.

....I would put a mirror up so I can see myself wearing them, but I just don't want to be looking at ME!!
tongue.gif

Mar 11, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #83 of 93
The choice at hand is between "attractive sound in ugly package" and nothing, so your post makes no sense at all. You can't get the Grado sound out of anything but Grados.
And your assumptions about "our" headphone placement habits are quite irrelevant honestly.
confused.gif

Quote:

That's a lame argument. On one hand I have sound in an ugly package, in the other I have sound in an attractive package. I'll take option 2, thanks.

Mar 11, 2007 at 8:32 PM Post #85 of 93
Quote:

You sound like a flasher or one who has been flashed.

And you sound sexually frustrated.

Quote:

Terrible analogy. What do couches and lamps have to do with headphones? A better one would be showing concern about what the ice cream scoop looks like.

What does a "hot date" have to do with it?

The idea here is that looks are tertiary to the function of a couch and lamp, yet looks are still a very important variable when considering the purchase.

If my ice cream scoop would be out in the open and not in a drawer in my kitchen, yes I would care how it looks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The choice at hand is between "attractive sound in ugly package" and nothing, so your post makes no sense at all. You can't get the Grado sound out of anything but Grados.
And your assumptions about "our" headphone placement habits are quite irrelevant honestly.
confused.gif

The "Grado sound" is not the end all, be all of headphonedom.

And my assumptions were based on the numerous threads here in the past on headphone stands, not to mention the numerous picture threads as well as every review being accompanied by (or have requested) pictures. Also don't forget the first thing most people seem to want when a new product comes out is pictures.

If looks didn't matter, we wouldn't see (for instance) so many discussions on how to dye hd-414 pads black.

Mar 11, 2007 at 10:05 PM Post #89 of 93
Quote:

And my assumptions were based on the numerous threads here in the past on headphone stands, not to mention the numerous picture threads as well as every review being accompanied by (or have requested) pictures. Also don't forget the first thing most people seem to want when a new product comes out is pictures.

If looks didn't matter, we wouldn't see (for instance) so many discussions on how to dye hd-414 pads black.

Very true. I think looks count for a lot more than some people are willing to admit.

Mar 11, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #90 of 93
They look outdated and geeky, end of story. If you don't care about 99% of the people who see you with em on (my age group of course, 16-24) and think you look like a geek, feel free to wear them, but I bet if a survey at a college was taken about which headphones look better, Grado vs Audio Technica, AT would win by a landslide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back