Why am I not satisfied with my IEM's?
Feb 28, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #17 of 24
Okay so I spent way too long messing around with different tips and literally for a few seconds I did hear the bass that I should be hearing this whole time with the beats but it only lasted for a few seconds and I couldn't really get it to come back. I'm sure my problem is getting a seal and I think it has to do with the fact that I have pretty small ears. Any recommendations on getting a better seal with small ears? You said triple flange tips? Are these pretty universal terms? Thanks 

If you love the Apple earpods that came with your iPhone 5S, one way to improve them dramatically is the Digizoid Zo 2.3.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #19 of 24
  It's fine if people enjoy the sound of the Earpods, but the disparity of the Earpods FR graph (in the bass region) versus Monster Beats' is the largest I've seen.

I have a genuinely difficult time believing anyone could actually enjoy the sound of Earpods over better phones. This isn't even a case of taste. The Earpods aren't total disasters but they're far from good. 

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #20 of 24
  Okay so I spent way too long messing around with different tips and literally for a few seconds I did hear the bass that I should be hearing this whole time with the beats but it only lasted for a few seconds and I couldn't really get it to come back. I'm sure my problem is getting a seal and I think it has to do with the fact that I have pretty small ears. Any recommendations on getting a better seal with small ears? You said triple flange tips? Are these pretty universal terms? Thanks 

This is going to sound like exceptionally stupid advice, but are you sure you're actually wearing your headphones correctly?  The tips on IEMs need to be pushed in to the ear canal, not just put up against the outer edge.

There is no way in hell your Tours should have substantially less bass than your Earpods unless you're wearing them incorrectly.

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #21 of 24

This is going to sound like exceptionally stupid advice, but are you sure you're actually wearing your headphones correctly?  The tips on IEMs need to be pushed in to the ear canal, not just put up against the outer edge.

There is no way in hell your Tours should have substantially less bass than your Earpods unless you're wearing them incorrectly.

+1, I have had Tours and used Earpods
That's why Beats Tours got really popular at one point in time, most people mistakenly fell for the overwhelmingly bloated muddy bass like I did so I think you're wearing them incorrectly

Mar 1, 2014 at 12:58 AM Post #22 of 24
I had Tours and they didn't have a whole lot of bass, either. Bought at Best Buy, tried every tip in the box plus Sony Hybrids. I'd take the earpods any day.
+1, I have had Tours and used Earpods
That's why Beats Tours got really popular at one point in time, most people mistakenly fell for the overwhelmingly bloated muddy bass like I did so I think you're wearing them incorrectly

Mar 1, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #23 of 24
I had Tours and they didn't have a whole lot of bass, either. Bought at Best Buy, tried every tip in the box plus Sony Hybrids. I'd take the earpods any day.

I would take the earpods any day too over the Tours. What I meant is just that Tours has its bass overemphasized and overwhelmingly bloated compared to the rest of the spectrum, but that doesnt mean its good bass or real thumping bass like the Sony XB90EX. EarPods has much better bass quality over the Tours no doubt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back