Who would win in a cage match? Waffles, pancakes, or french toast?
Dec 3, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #61 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never thought of French toast as a dessert food, honestly. There's nothing wrong with some syrupy-cinnamony goodness in the morning.

I must confess I wouldn't think of pancakes, waffles or french toast as breakfast. They're more like stuff you eat at 4pm around here. A bit too heavy for dessert too.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:33 PM Post #62 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00940 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must confess I wouldn't think of pancakes, waffles or french toast as breakfast. They're more like stuff you eat at 4pm around here. A bit too heavy for dessert too.

I normally have French Toast as a sort of brunch.

I eat them at around 10-11pm then have a small lunch around 1pm.

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:42 PM Post #63 of 112
As part of a big brunch meal (more than just you) then yeah, I'd have some of each. Alongside the components of the full English, the Scottish and the continental breakfast.

You could linger a long time over a spread like that, certainly until dinnertime the next day.

Dec 4, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #67 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This whole debate is slightly moot anyway. Everyone knows that last nights cold pizza is the best breakfast.

Blasphemy! No one likes indigestion in the morning
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #68 of 112
Quote:

4PM? That's almost dinner time here. We don't have sweet stuff like that for dinner. :|

Dec 4, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #70 of 112
Quote:

4PM? That's almost dinner time here. We don't have sweet stuff like that for dinner. :|

4pm dinner time? Wow... Most people I know have dinner around 6:30ish.

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #71 of 112
People in the south tend to have dinner fairly early. Personally, I have my own dinner around 8:30 or 9PM.

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:35 AM Post #72 of 112
Definitely pancakes! Traditional style with warm molasses and lots of butter!

tongue.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:37 AM Post #73 of 112
In the NYC Tri-State area, we have diners that serve breakfast, lunch and dinner 24/7.
We are a 3 shift area. If you work the lobster shift, then dinner is 8 a.m. when you get off work!

I can eat waffles for breakfast, waffles with ham for lunch and waffles with ice cream for a late night snack.

Am I saying "waffles" a lot
biggrin.gif
? Did I just say that out loud, or just think it?

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:46 AM Post #74 of 112
Quote:

Typical dinner time in Belgium is from 6pm (old people could start as early as 5pm) to 8pm, with the "norm" at around 7pm. That's why the news on TV start at 7pm and end at 8pm. At 4pm, it's what we call "goûter". Fairly similar to tea time, just replace tea by coffee. And scones by... waffles !
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:05 AM Post #75 of 112
Quote:

Typical dinner time in Belgium is from 6pm (old people could start as early as 5pm) to 8pm, with the "norm" at around 7pm. That's why the news on TV start at 7pm and end at 8pm. At 4pm, it's what we call "goûter". Fairly similar to tea time, just replace tea by coffee. And scones by... waffles !
biggrin.gif

Interesting. Yeah, 6.30 is the norm here. News is on from 6-7 but half of it is sport so its quite convenient to watch the news that actually matters first, then eat dinner (not in front of the TV).

FRENCH TOAST FTW

Users who are viewing this thread

Back