Who would win in a cage match? Waffles, pancakes, or french toast?
Jan 12, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #106 of 112
French toast is way better than pancakes or waffles. As much as I dislike most anything french, that eggy bread is where its at. Its more filling, there are lots of different ways to prepare it, and it just seems like it must be healthier choice as well.

French toast has my vote.

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:54 AM Post #107 of 112
Uhhhh... (looks at results) wow! Talk about a race. I voted pancakes. Real pancakes are an art.

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:09 AM Post #108 of 112
Definitely French Toast - I adore it - but I've never found it in France??

I LOVE it. When I visit Canada, it's not to see the relatives, it's to eat the French Toast!!

As for the UK - after a LOT of searching, I finally found a place in Camden which did American breakfasts, and the French Toast was just poop. It took almost 2 hours to drive there to eat poop.

I've tried making it, but just can't get it to taste right. What's the secret? I've tried soaking the bread in eggs for half an hour, then melting butter and cooking it till it LOOKS like French Toast. But it's either dry in the middle or soggy in the middle or greasy.

I've grilled it, baked it, Googled recipes for it and STILL I can't make it taste right. And I bought really expensive maple syrup for it which has been languishing in the cupboard for God knows how long waiting to be poured on non-poop-like toast.

Who's got a foolproof recipe to replicate the French Toast that comes with American breakfasts??

ELK: Quote:

that eggy bread is where its at.

That's what we used to call it at school! Long time since I heard it called eggy bread.

Jan 12, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #109 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
French toast is way better than pancakes or waffles. As much as I dislike most anything french, that eggy bread is where its at. Its more filling, there are lots of different ways to prepare it, and it just seems like it must be healthier choice as well.

Why do you (and I quote): "As much as I dislike most anything french"?

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:05 AM Post #110 of 112
Nothing French ever wins, so thats out. Waffles are crispy and therefore stronger, pancakes are wimps

Jan 12, 2008 at 7:16 AM Post #112 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They all do fine in my belly

lol True
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back