Who would win in a cage match? Waffles, pancakes, or french toast?
Nov 29, 2007 at 5:47 PM Post #2 of 112
You really have way to much time on your hands.
EDIT: wait a minute, I'm answering this thread!..........Off to get a life

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #5 of 112
AdamCalBHDUniChiFi812 guy,

I would definitely say that in a real Cage Match, that Pancakes would definitely win, because they can roll with the punches!
redface.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:51 PM Post #6 of 112
Hahah. Unless you kill us with puns first!
tongue.gif

Seriously though, pancakes would whoop either of them. Think about it. You have a stack of buttermilk pancakes in front of you and after only two of them, you're so full that you're down for the count and there's still a heap leftover to take down a few others.

What's a waffle got on that? They dress up all pretty with powdered sugar and berries.

And French Toast? Don't even get me started. They have egg on their face before the match even begins! (just for you immtbiker
wink.gif
)

Nov 29, 2007 at 6:56 PM Post #7 of 112
I can't believe I'm responding to this...

Pancakes are a clear winner. Take three bottles of maple syrup. Pour a bottle on a serving of each of the three candidates. With FT and waffles, you have syrup all over the table and running onto floor. With pancakes, those bad boys are barely wet and begging for more! The other two can't hang with pancakes.

Nov 29, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #10 of 112
French Toast is european, and european things are certainly nicer than domestic product.

Waffles are technologically advanced. Maillard-reaction grain paste crossbred with Nike running shoe ancestry.

Pancakes are just cakes that are too stupid to rise properly. Most civilized cultures will just throw them away, culinary abortions that they are. Also the only one of the three choice that are inedible without some kind of topping.

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:11 PM Post #11 of 112
Sure pancakes are crude, but it's all ABOUT the toppings. As far as I'm concerned pancakes are just an excuse to eat maple syrup and a pad of butter.

Besides, I'd take campfire-cooked, traditional Bannock on a stick over all three any day of the week. It's crude, sloppy and you definitely don't need toppings.

bannock.jpg

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 112
You can do a lot with french toast, it would get my vote. Easy to make, too.

Pancakes also have great potential, so a close 2nd. Waffles do nothing for me at all.

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #14 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's a waffle got on that? They dress up all pretty with powdered sugar and berries.

And French Toast? Don't even get me started. They have egg on their face before the match even begins! (just for you immtbiker
wink.gif
)

Good one!
Although in hindsight, when you deal with Pancakes and French Toast, at least you know where you stand. You can see all that your enemy has to offer. When you cage match against a waffle, be it Belgian or little square ones, you could be facing a worthy advisary, sort of Trojan horse-like, with all of those squares, who knows what could be hiding in there. Every criss-crossed square could be hiding your arch nemesis!
eek.gif

Nov 29, 2007 at 8:33 PM Post #15 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you cage match against a waffle, be it Belgian or little square ones, you could be facing a worthy advisary, sort of Trojan horse-like, with all of those squares, who knows what could be hiding in there. Every criss-crossed square could be hiding your arch nemesis!
eek.gif

Good point - and hey - a cage has a criss-cross pattern too, right? The waffle could match up against it and then you're in for real trouble. You just can't fight what you can't see!

[EDIT] Oh, and for the record, funnel cakes kick waffle-butt any day of the week. Deep-fried batter FTW!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back