Who would win in a cage match? Waffles, pancakes, or french toast?
Dec 4, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #76 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bacon.jpg

It can't be beaten.

I see your bacon, and I raise with chocolate:

191715867-L.jpg

Dec 4, 2007 at 3:08 PM Post #77 of 112
I'm going to have eggy bread and bacon for my tea tonight. And there will not be a waffle or a pancake in sight!

Proper bacon too, not that horrible super fatty streaky bacon that you colonials call bacon.

Dec 5, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #80 of 112
In my kitchen, French toast would just run away with its hands up...

Coffee, scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, and English muffins are king.

Dec 7, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #82 of 112
I once ran a bar that featured original musical acts.
During the course of one performance, a band threw Eggo (tm) waffles out at the crowd. Kinda like frisbees. Well, this was punk/new wave era and a few bands had previously experimented with alternate crowd-food distribution systems. It was an outdoor venue and by next morning the birds and critters would have taken care of any excess food dropping the crowd didn't devour...

So when the band left and the crowd departed, I wasn't worried about the eggos scattered about. Next morning (3pm, morning bartime), I was surprised to discover that the eggos were still there, intact. So I collected all but one which was on the roof and threw them away. As time passed the roof-eggo never disintegrated. Thunderstorms, birds, bugs, squirrels, bacteria....NOTHING could touch that eggo. It became the subject of much local curiosity.

It sat on the roof for months before the wind finally blew it down. It felt like a stale eggo, straight from the freezer. I bet I could have popped that baby into the toaster and gotten busy, but I didn't.

Eggos could be used for space shuttle tile replacements.

Try that with the pedestrian pancake or the francophilic toast and see what you get...

But I really don't give a crepe.

Dec 7, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #83 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondoh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I really don't give a crepe.

Oh... you didn't. Oh. Oh yes, yes you did.

NICE!!!

[EDITO!]

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoFlaChris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my kitchen, French toast would just run away with its hands up...

Coffee, scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, and English muffins are king.

Ok, so I'll be there Sunday at around 8:30?

Seriously, I can't find a good english muffin around where I live now and I'm getting really sick of suffering the hack-job representations Dempsters tries to pass off. Much as I voted pancakes, a quality english muffin (or a crumpet, if the mood strikes) is heavenly. Buttered up with some home made wild blueberry country jam... heaven.

Dec 7, 2007 at 8:12 PM Post #84 of 112
Beignet FTW!

Dec 7, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #85 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dondoh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Eggos could be used for space shuttle tile replacements.
Try that with the pedestrian pancake or the francophilic toast and see what you get....

Oh yeah...? What about a by-product of Freedom Bread...CROUTONS!

I have some in my cupboard that have withstood the test of time and various little crawly things.

Dec 7, 2007 at 9:18 PM Post #86 of 112
Steak and Eggs would climb up out of the audience and doubleteam them all. Complete with slamming a metal chair over waffle's head, because the damn squarey-thingy deserves it.

Dec 8, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #87 of 112
A second thought in favor of waffles.
Have pancakes ever invented anything?
Has French toast ever had a new use?
Waffles basically invented the ice cream cone.
Ice cream cones were invented because a waffle vendor made too many and he was situated right next to an ice cream vendor at either the World's fair or the Columbian Exposition (or somesuch).
I suppose some might argue the McGriddle might be a similar advancement for the pancake, but I would respecfully disagree and let history be the judge of the McGriddle's true culinary importance...

Dec 9, 2007 at 6:03 AM Post #89 of 112
Pancakes . . . hands down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Did I tell you about the pancakes at 4AM one morning back in 1969? Let's remember . . . Dennys . . . Oh yes . . . it's coming back to me now. I do believe I do remember . . . yes they really did move across the plate . . . and If I remember . . . they were in color !!

The Inglewood Forum . . . Blind Faith . . . I remember seeing the concert . . . but never did hear it. . . . the trees in the parking lot . . . beyond beautiful . . . as Jimi would say.

. . . the old days before the age of responsibilities.

We were driving home that night . . . 405 fwy. The truck weigh station was closed . . . but we still drove thru the "Loaded" lane just for fun.

Dec 9, 2007 at 7:44 AM Post #90 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by boatman7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pancakes . . . hands down.
smily_headphones1.gif

Did I tell you about the pancakes at 4AM one morning back in 1969? Let's remember . . . Dennys . . . Oh yes . . . it's coming back to me now. I do believe I do remember . . . yes they really did move across the plate . . . and If I remember . . . they were in color !!

The Inglewood Forum . . . Blind Faith . . . I remember seeing the concert . . . but never did hear it. . . . the trees in the parking lot . . . beyond beautiful . . . as Jimi would say.

. . . the old days before the age of responsibilities.

We were driving home that night . . . 405 fwy. The truck weigh station was closed . . . but we still drove thru the "Loaded" lane just for fun.

nice prose! you could be the next Cornelius van der Hornsause

Users who are viewing this thread

Back