White Ferrari F430.. one of God's horses
Aug 22, 2009 at 4:44 AM Post #16 of 79
Aren't Ferraris supoosed to be red or black?
wink.gif
It's a beauty, that's for sure.

I don't think I could keep up with the scheduled maintenance, insurance and registration. However, an older 308 would be a pretty nice car - maintenance is a DIY proposition with those and you'd still have a Ferrari. I've lusted for one since I got a ride in one many years ago. A friend of the family had one and I got a spin around town. Great fun! Ans there's nothing quite like the sound of a Ferrari engine - even their V8 is damn sexy.

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #17 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeusEx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There's this Ferrari parked in a mostly latino neighborhood 15 min away from my city (a nice, suburban place)...its been there for several months, always in the afternoon, not in the morning, or evening..I pass by it couple days a week, on the way to the office...don't know what model, but will check..

Is it just me, or does that sound like some rich dude has a "side project" ie. secret lover? ..
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #18 of 79
Very nice! I'm usually not into cars, but a few models (including this one now) have caught and held my attention the past few years. Too bad I rather not drive on the highway; kind of ruins the point of having this kind of car.
tongue.gif

Also, bouncing off of Uncle Erik's post, I read this news article awhile ago that some females becomes sexually aroused from car engines that make that deep growling sound. The whole dominance thing, if I recall correctly.

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #19 of 79
Simply stunning! I can only imagine what it would be like to take it for a spin around a nice race track.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #22 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by revolink24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why do people like the 430 so much? In my opinion, it is nothing like some other cars: Aston Martin DB9/V8 Vantage, Lamborghini Gallardo, Spyker C8 Spyder, Audi R8 (Flame shield up!) etc are all much better looking cars, IMHO. Everyone thinks Ferraris look great because they are Ferraris, but they just aren't that nice to look at (Except maybe the new 458, which is a beauty.)

EDIT: And before anyone claims the C8 is ugly, see it in person close up (close enough you can touch it) first. The interior seems glitzy in pictures but is absolutely stunning.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I completely disagree with you that the Ferraris "just aren't that nice to look at". In fact, I couldn't disagree with you more if I tried. They are absolute perfection in my eyes, and it simply has nothing to do with the name. The one thing I do agree with you on is that the 458 is a marvel. It's currently my desktop wallpaper.

I'm a car enthusiast and I like almost every car you posted above but definitely not more than the F430, especially a Challenge edition. The way you feel about Ferraris I fell about Aston Martins. They are absolutely boring to look at and completely overrated IMO. Way, way too heavy to have any worthy kind of performance. That is after all what I look for in cars like these.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:26 PM Post #23 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by gore.rubicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MMMM very nice, tho IMO the Scuderia 430 is sexier =]

How could it be sexier than the track dedicated race version of the car itself? You just like the sticker up the center of the car?
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #24 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise To The Top /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer yellow...

Thats the color of Lamborghini then.

And I prefer Lamborghini over Ferrari. Ferrari is an epitome of modern sports car technology, where Lamborghinis are balls-to-the-wall basics of the sports and I prefer it that way. No complex electrical gizmos, just raw horsepower and great handling and thats what counts. Or atleast thats how they used to be, not sure about latest Lambos.

But still, that white ferrari looks beautiful. White really suits that car.

Aug 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #25 of 79
No engine photos...why, why, WHY???

Aug 22, 2009 at 5:46 PM Post #27 of 79
Pshhhh, peanuts.

A mere pittance.

wink.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:24 PM Post #28 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by subtle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How could it be sexier than the track dedicated race version of the car itself? You just like the sticker up the center of the car?
tongue.gif

Haha, that and the different front intake and rear diffuser.

Aug 22, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #29 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not trying to troll or anything, but I never really understood cars... I mean I understand a honda... or a toyota... but why in the world would you need a powerful engine? You'll never use it.

I agree! I love driving, but I don't think the thrill of driving is accelerating fast. Anyone can do that, you just hit the pedal. The real beauty is in cornering, on a windy road in the mountains. And you can't go that fast on these roads anyways, there's no need for a V8. What matters there is handling. I'd love to see a car that gets good gas milage, but handles beautifully. Well, there's the Tesla, but that's still fast as heck.

I drive a Subaru Legacy, and that doesn't handle nearly as well as many other cars, but I love watching the Porche drivers get pissed when they can't get ahead of me
biggrin.gif

Aug 22, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #30 of 79
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The real beauty is in cornering, on a windy road in the mountains. And you can't go that fast on these roads anyways, there's no need for a V8.

Ummm... Yes you can. Thats the point of sports car. They are powerful, fast, AND can corner like hell in those speeds. Now, you might be bending law while doing that and it is definetly dangerous, but having all those horses under the hood feels so good. You smash the pedal and the unholy roar of V8 or scream of V10/V12 shakes your insides (and ears) and your rear tires get roasted in smoke and then the car accelerates from 0 to 100km/h in mere seconds. Cars like this are NOT bought with a sensible daily driver in mind, its all about raw emotion and thrill. Sanity has no place here.

Oh, and powerful engines can be somewhat sensible too. In overtaking while having a fast car is MUCH safer than with a weak eco-honda. You spend much less time on the coming lane when going past that slow truck or such. Thats why I love my 530 turbo-diesel BMW. It eats very little fuel yet it is powerful to give some thrills when needed and fast enough for safe overtakes. Perfect and sensible car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back