Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #121 of 166
I have been for about a month between a DX50 and SR71-B. It replaced a qusp made silver-copper cable. The change was subtle and nowhere as big as with the headphone cable but to me still worth it.

Thanks. I'm gonna need a upgrade balanced cable for my Noble K-10's when they arrive in about a month also. He's got some nice stuff I've been looking at.

Sep 7, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #124 of 166
Will this pair nicely with the Tralucent Ref 1??? Very interested! The twag v3 & twcu v3 hybrid might be a better option for iem's? I also use the Hifiman hm901 with iem amp card, not up on my homework with balanced connections etc. any info is appreciated :)

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #125 of 166
Will this pair nicely with the Tralucent Ref 1??? Very interested! The twag v3 & twcu v3 hybrid might be a better option for iem's? I also use the Hifiman hm901 with iem amp card, not up on my homework with balanced connections etc. any info is appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

i am currently using ref1 + uber...uber is not as portable as siler\gold cable so i am looking for a replacement that has par performance with ease of use....not too sure if 8 conductor twau ref will be the one or not.

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #126 of 166
  i am currently using ref1 + uber...uber is not as portable as siler\gold cable so i am looking for a replacement that has par performance with ease of use....not too sure if 8 conductor twau ref will be the one or not.

Have placed my order for the TWau reference Gold Plated the other day, :D  can't wait to receive it! Uber cable interests me but way too expensive, for me atleast.

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #128 of 166
Has any one compared the TWag Gold to the TWau Reference? Can we get some comparison? Its just that I have the TWag Gold, and it sounds way better than any copper silver combo to me, very balanced yet musical, I just cant imagine the TWau sounding a whole lot better, in fact I would imagine them to sound similar. Thoughts?

Oct 30, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #130 of 166
TWau reference is gold plated silver as far as I know. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah, TWau is gold plated silver, and TWag Gold is gold 1% and silver 99% alloy. So I can't imagine them sounding way different, gold electro plating process is so thin that I would estimate the TWau to have similar 1% gold as well when adding up all the strands. Then the main difference would be alloy vs plating of gold.

Jan 13, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #133 of 166
Jan 13, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #134 of 166
  Just wanted to drop off my review of the Whiplash Audio TWau Gold Plated Silver Cable on this thread.  The TWau cable is also compared to my HPL FBI Reference Silver Litz cable.  Have a great day or night everyone!

Review: Whiplash Audio TWau Reference Gold Plated Silver Cable

Hey everyone. I wanted to remove my comments on moedawg140 great review. I didn't read the review correctly and for that fact, I may have stated things wrong or gave the wrong impressions. 

Please accept my apology. I just wanted everyone to understand the modular system....

deadhorse.gif
  thats me being spanked!!

So happy listening!!
Craig

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:50 PM Post #135 of 166

Hey everyone. I wanted to remove my comments on moedawg140 great review. I didn't read the review correctly and for that fact, I may have stated things wrong or gave the wrong impressions. 

Please accept my apology. I just wanted everyone to understand the modular system....

deadhorse.gif
  thats me being spanked!!

So happy listening!!
Craig

Hello Craig my friend, good job. Modular system is definitely the way to go :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back