Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire
Feb 26, 2014 at 5:34 PM Post #91 of 166
And the listening has started :)

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #92 of 166
And the listening has started :)

how is it?
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #93 of 166
I have started with the recabled Ultrasone Signature Pro which is a new phone to me. It sounds fantastic but as I don't know the stock sound I can't say wich is phone and wich is wire. I'll get round to the HE-500 cable later

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #94 of 166
I am a recent customer of Craig's having bought the non-OM TWagv3 for my Westone 4R IEMs in Jan '14.  

First, I want to distinguish between "OM" and no-OM" using pics as there seems to be a bit of confusion remaining.   

Here's OM:

Here's the non-OM:

Second, my personal customer service experience was excellent - as good as I have had dealing with other "larger" head-fi vendors, such as CEntrance and Moon Audio, and clearly better than other small shops, such as  A Pure Sound.  E-mails were promptly responded to, everything shipped per Craig's schedule and the cable arrived well packaged and in excellent shape.

Third, re:  sound quality, I found the improvement in sound quality over the stock cable substantial - a WOW.  I also had a Moon Audio Silver Dragon IEM v1.0 for use with the Westone 4R IEMs.  In comparison, I found the TWag v3.0 offered (a) better "head stage", placing the instruments in space more concretely; (b) warmer, more palpable mids; and (c) very clear highs that exploded, shimmered and then decayed more realistically without glare or harshness. 

To describe scale of the differences between Moon and Whiplash, I would say these are noticeable differences, certainly not minute, but not overwhelming.  The bass between the two was basically a draw. 

Now the Moon Audio IEM cables was $195 as I configured it, while Craig's was $340. 

Hope this helps.

Brent

Feb 28, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #95 of 166
Hello,  I'm looking to replace my BTG Starlight TG334 cables for one of these.  
The website gives me an option for the 'Fitear Cardas Connectors' - is that the connector pin for the 334s?
Kind of seems obvious but I just want to make sure.
http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/new-flagship-twau-reference-gold-plated-silver.html

Also considering the 8 conductors but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $400.. would there be that much of an improvement over the 4 conductors?
My gear is RWAK100-S through Corda Quickstep with Toxic Cable Silver Widow mini to mini.  

Thanks in advance.  

Feb 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #96 of 166
  Hello,  I'm looking to replace my BTG Starlight TG334 cables for one of these.  
The website gives me an option for the 'Fitear Cardas Connectors' - is that the connector pin for the 334s?
Kind of seems obvious but I just want to make sure.
http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/whiplash-custom-cables/new-flagship-twau-reference-gold-plated-silver.html

Also considering the 8 conductors but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra $400.. would there be that much of an improvement over the 4 conductors?
My gear is RWAK100-S through Corda Quickstep with Toxic Cable Silver Widow mini to mini.  

Thanks in advance.  

I believe these are the Cardas connectors.  Your Starlight has the overmolds.  My cable is silver, not gold, so I can't comment on the sound improvement of 8 vs 4 with the gold. I do know my 8  connector silver shocked me with the extra bass and depth it presented over the Starlight (which is a fine cable). 8 is a lot of cable if portability and packing in a case is a concern, but man, it is awesome looking.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #99 of 166
Got a couple of PMs on my post.  Just to be clear, I have sold all my Moon Audio Silver Dragon v1.0 IEMs and replaced them with TWag v3.  I clearly preferred the TWag 3.0, I just wanted to offer some perspective on degree of difference - which is significant. 

Mar 2, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #100 of 166
Ordered the Twau ref with a 2.5mm balanced plug to be used with my 1+2 and AK240 about 2 weeks ago. Really looking forward to receiving them.

Mar 2, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #101 of 166
Looking forward to hear impressions about this ak240 & twau combo. I'm using the ak120 with ue18 and twau and the cable really improved SQ after the stock cables were replaced. Actually I was not so happy with my ue's and the twau changed this.

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #102 of 166
I have demoed an AK240 with my 8-wire TwAu recabled TG334 and my goodness the clarity is just pristine. The TG is already a very transparent IEM, but with the TwAu, the transparency's been upped by a notch.And the best that I noticed is the still smooth, but glimmering and sparkling highs now. I had the stock 001 and the ALO SXC24. This is just another level. Worth the upgrade. Do note that I was using unbalanced with this one. Wonder how much more the balanced will sound with the AK240. :)

Mar 7, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #103 of 166
  I have demoed an AK240 with my 8-wire TwAu recabled TG334 and my goodness the clarity is just pristine. The TG is already a very transparent IEM, but with the TwAu, the transparency's been upped by a notch.And the best that I noticed is the still smooth, but glimmering and sparkling highs now. I had the stock 001 and the ALO SXC24. This is just another level. Worth the upgrade. Do note that I was using unbalanced with this one. Wonder how much more the balanced will sound with the AK240. :)

how long did you have to wait to get your cable?

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #105 of 166
My delivery time was about 6 weeks but my order included a full dual entry recabling for the Ultrasone Signature Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back