Which will be a better bet? CK10/SE425/UMX3/DBA02
May 9, 2011 at 5:32 AM Post #31 of 46

Quote:
Hmmm, do any CK10 users actually use deep insertion?  I don't have small ears and can get pretty much most of the DBA housing into my ear w/ just the tip exposed.  Do people do this w/ the CK10?  I don't recall it having a nozzle as long as the DBA.

It's quite well documented on the ck10 main thread.
Deep insertion varies, but basically its deeper than probably what the manufacturer intended!

Nozzle isn't long, but you can use monster or shure triple/bi flange tips with the ck10. 

But, who's to say- you might not experience any treble peak at all with any fit.

May 9, 2011 at 6:31 AM Post #32 of 46

Quote:
What about in terms of clarity? which sounds more clear? I used to have the TF10, but it seems muddy in the mid range to me, abit too warm, I quite like the GR8 tho, never tried the GR10

The Triple.Fi 10 is certainly encroaching on muddy (on a BA scale).  If you're asking about the DBA-02 vs. RE252, the RE252 will present more information.  The DBA-02 simply lacks texture with the short note, and decay and texturing is necessary to convey information.  If it's not there or quite lacking, you are very frankly missing information.  Both are very clear, very high clarity.  The RE252 simply offers a thicker note and texturing and more detail comes with it.  I've never used the GR8 or GR10, so I can't comment specifically.  I do own the e-Q7 which people do say the GR10 sounds very like it (although e-Q7 slightly better).  I relation the e-Q7 which the GR10 is supposedly very, very alike, the e-Q7 isn't as detailed.  The e-Q7 is softer, smoother, more subtle in details.  I expect the GR10 to be the same, possibly not as aggressive as you seek, although quite likeable regardless and better balanced and less muddy than the Triple.Fi 10.

May 9, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #33 of 46
Of course, how can I forget.

Very vividly remember the extraordinarily high level of detail/resolution the gr8's gave me. This is genuine clarity, not masked with treble peaks. It's more clear than the ck10 and my shure 315's. I can only assume the gr10's to be better than these, but not sure how much by though.  

Don't know how I managed to loose them gr8's. I miss them quite a bit actually
frown.gif

May 9, 2011 at 7:20 AM Post #34 of 46
I think clarity and resolution is superior on ck10 compared to gr10 and its due heavenly mids of ck10`s.

May 9, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #35 of 46
IMO the GR10 is a bit more aggressive with details than the e-Q7, but I liked the e-Q7 more because of its subtlety. In fact, I liked the DBA-02 more than the GR10 as well (that's why I have the DBA-02). The DBA-02 is even more aggressive with bringing out details to the point of un-realism but the overall feel of the DBA is better than the odd, "rendered" feel of the GR10. Some people love the GR10 like the Pope though, so I guess it's different strokes for different folks.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the CK10 (I have a feeling I'll like them, but I've disliked all Audio-Technica IEMs so far except for the CK90Pro) but for some reason have never gotten the opportunity to try them out.

Quote:

I've never used the GR8 or GR10, so I can't comment specifically.  I do own the e-Q7 which people do say the GR10 sounds very like it (although e-Q7 slightly better).  I relation the e-Q7 which the GR10 is supposedly very, very alike, the e-Q7 isn't as detailed.  The e-Q7 is softer, smoother, more subtle in details. I expect the GR10 to be the same, possibly not as aggressive as you seek, although quite likeable regardless and better balanced and less muddy than the Triple.Fi 10.

May 9, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #36 of 46
The problem i have with gr10 is that it is not aggressive enough, so I guess I should give a dba02 try...

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:56 AM Post #38 of 46
Jul 12, 2011 at 12:48 PM Post #40 of 46
I am selling the RE0, the since everything sounds a bit thin, specially the mids, i want something slightly thicker, hows the mids for CK10? You said watery mids, but its not thick i guess?, I tried the SM3, the mids is too thick for me

Jul 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #43 of 46
I used to own a TF10, didn't like it's recessed mids, and its a touch too warm to me, I like slightly warm sound, not too warm and i don't like dark sound like um3x, how does the FI-BA-SB sounds like, it seems pretty interesting 

Jul 12, 2011 at 3:52 PM Post #44 of 46
Haven't heard the FI-BA-SB, I just have a hunch it's what you're after, this review is from shigzeo:

"FAD nailed these earphones. If you like bass, dynamics, and clear, uppity treble, you’ll love both earphones. Both earphones are voiced by space, pace, and beautiful echos. In typical FAD fashion, however, certain acoustics can be caustic, if atmospherically sophisticated. Consider it Final Audio’s marque. Their 1601 series earphones are HEAVILY accented toward the midrange with both bass and treble falling off in rapid succession.
The SB and A1 models have powerful and extended baselines that are matched by equally long-limbed high frequencies. The upper midrange and lower treble are accented. For most music, these accents are like day-old curry and simply tastier than they were the day before. Where they can be caustic is in chaotic alternative and fast, but lost psychedelic. Cymbals bleed in the upper ranges in ringing bursts. Fan of Broken Social Scene? Get used to a healthy dose of treble fatigue.
Strangely, no matter how expressive the high end, mathematical genres such as trance, electronic, and even hot, treble-happy 1980′s heavy metal, are perfectly fine.
The FI-BA-SB and A1 earphones follow in the footsteps of the 1601, if at a respectful distance. Their echos are clean, open, pleasing, and sharp. They neither claustrophobic or dark and thankfully, the rubber tips exert much less influence on the sound. This clear echo is ahead of peers like the Earsonics SM3 and way ahead of Sennheiser’s IE8.
The FI-BA-SB and A1 earphones impress themselves as heady mixes of two of my favourites: ortofon’s excellent eQ7, and Audio Technica’s CK100. Final Audio’s newest earphones best the eQ7 in treble presentation. They are less grainy and echo more sweetly. Genres that rely on space rather than just speed, jump out more, but retain overall sweetness. The FAD earphones are better tuned to jazz and vocal. In the low end, the Final Audio earphones exert more slam than the ortofon – dynamic earphone fans, pay attention! There is enough air movement to get your feet tapping, and just that extra bit of curry in the high end to satisfy those who get hot for the exotic.
Overall, the SB model offers a slightly spicier listening experience than the A1, though both the SB and A1 sound very similarly. Neutral freaks may prefer the A1 while atmosphere freaks who’ve kept their supply of chaotic alternative depressively low, may prefer the SB. Both offer good sense or space"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back