Which one?
Jul 30, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #16 of 36
Quote:
You can get the HM5 from Jaycar in Australia for $50+shipping. It's the same headphone, just without the Fischer/Brainwavz badge. Shipping to the US was about $20 last I saw, so you can still classify it under the $100 mark, assuming you're in the US that is.

They're $79 this moment, but they were $50 last night. The price fluctuates, but watch them for a bit and you'll get them at the $50 point.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=AA2065

Wow!! I can't believe it. It would be great if I can get one of them even for $75. Thank you.

But there is two problems. first, "This product is out of stock in our warehouse. Please check if your local store has stock." and second, "Please remember you may have to pay customs and importing charges at your end (if applicable)." I live in UAE and I don't know how much I should pay for customs charges.

But, anyway $75 is really tempting.

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #17 of 36
Quote:
Wow!! I can't believe it. It would be great if I can get one of them even for $75. Thank you.

But there is two problems. first, "This product is out of stock in our warehouse. Please check if your local store has stock." and second, "Please remember you may have to pay customs and importing charges at your end (if applicable)." I live in UAE and I don't know how much I should pay for customs charges.

But, anyway $75 is really tempting.

Every country is different for imports/customs. You won't really know for sure until you find someone in the postal system and ask them about duties and fees. I know here in the US I pay no fees from Aussie, but I would from other countries. Had to pay a duty to get a pair of headphones from Asia once too. As for their stock, it fluctuates like the price. These were kind of a flavor of the month here at Head-Fi and once the word got out they went out of stock fairly quickly. They've been in and out since then. And I agree, $75 is a good price, but at least you now know how low it can go too. Just want to make sure people know when a lower price could be available. :D I just wish these came with the velour pads the Fischer Audio FA-003s came with. Oh well.

Jul 30, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #18 of 36
Quote:
Every country is different for imports/customs. You won't really know for sure until you find someone in the postal system and ask them about duties and fees. I know here in the US I pay no fees from Aussie, but I would from other countries. Had to pay a duty to get a pair of headphones from Asia once too. As for their stock, it fluctuates like the price. These were kind of a flavor of the month here at Head-Fi and once the word got out they went out of stock fairly quickly. They've been in and out since then. And I agree, $75 is a good price, but at least you now know how low it can go too. Just want to make sure people know when a lower price could be available. :D I just wish these came with the velour pads the Fischer Audio FA-003s came with. Oh well.

Aha. Thanks. I'll wait.

Jul 30, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #19 of 36
$100
AKG K240 Studio

$180 (in order of preference)
Shure SRH840=Brainwavz HM5
Sennheiser HD 558

But if you can get those Jaycar HM5 clones for $75 (or even $100), then go for it.You can't find something better under $200.

Jul 30, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 36
Been a fan of FA-003...Jaycars really worth it !
Actually there are many more clones...5 or 6 types i think....

Jul 30, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #21 of 36
Quote:
Been a fan of FA-003...Jaycars really worth it !
Actually there are many more clones...5 or 6 types i think....

This is true, for example there's the Lindy Premium Hi-Fi as another clone.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/585412/review-lindy-premium-hi-fi-headphones

If you can get that for a better price in your area, jump on it too. There are a bunch of clones of this out there, and looking around on here on the forums they all sound the same. Only differences are branding and accessories.

Jul 31, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #22 of 36
Fischer Audio FA-003
Brainwavz HM05
Jaycar pro monitor
Yoga ...
Lindy Premium 

And I'm willing to bet more. 

$100
AKG K240 Studio

Sennheiser HD 558

But if you can get those Jaycar HM5 clones for $75 (or even $100), then go for it.You can't find something better under $200.

I appreciate you trying to help, but you need to substantiate your claims. and provide more info, and the K240 really needs an amp of some kind.

Jul 31, 2012 at 5:18 AM Post #23 of 36
@axelcloris & @wired 

thanks for that...I didn't have the time to go search for the names of the clones...saw them somewhere on head-fi...

Jul 31, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #24 of 36

Quote:
$100
AKG K240 Studio

Sennheiser HD 558

Thank you.

Yeah, if I can find HM5 (or others similar headphones) for that nice price, I would definitely get them.

Jul 31, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #27 of 36
In the case that I can't find Jaycars under 100, which one of the headphones is better for me? Creative Aruvana live, K240 Studio or Sony MDR V6? (I can get CAL for about $55 and the others for about $90 here)

Thanks

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #29 of 36
Quote:
In the case that I can't find Jaycars under 100, which one of the headphones is better for me? Creative Aruvana live, K240 Studio or Sony MDR V6? (I can get CAL for about $55 and the others for about $90 here)

Thanks

Dude we already discussed the K240, no amp no k240.

CAL or V6, pick one, read reviews make up your own mind, they are both good, you won't get much more from us. 

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #30 of 36
Quote:
Dude we already discussed the K240, no amp no k240.

CAL or V6, pick one, read reviews make up your own mind, they are both good, you won't get much more from us. 

No, frankly. You offered your opinion, and I offered my contradictory one. Based on my experience, the K240 is still a good option for him. 

IMO, he cannot go wrong with any of the three, but the V6 is perhaps the least *fun* of them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back