Which one to pick: Audeze LCD2 or LCD3
Oct 4, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #4 of 20
I have them in unopened boxes. I've auditioned them at a store. At the time I seem to prefer the LCD2 but after reading a lot of reviews, the LCD3 has better SQ and they are much more comfortable to wear. I'm a bit torn about the decision.

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:
I have them in unopened boxes. I've auditioned them at a store. At the time I seem to prefer the LCD2 but after reading a lot of reviews, the LCD3 has better SQ and they are much more comfortable to wear. I'm a bit torn about the decision.

IF you're torn between the LCD-2 (995$) and LCD-3 (1945$) then you seriously need to consider returning both of them ... just kidding ! i'd keep the LCD-3 cause you WILL upgrade to them sooner or later.

Oct 4, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #6 of 20
I have the LCD2.2 and have never heard the LCD 3. I would take the LCD3!!! (and I love my 2s)

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #7 of 20
never heard of LCD3, but according to the difference in price, i can only assume that the LCD3 should sound MUCH better than LCD2.
haha, just kidding :) you should definitely listen to them yourself and decide which one to stay 

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #8 of 20
Quote:

Well, seeing as you seemed to prefer a headphone that costs about a thousand dollars less, I'd say get that one.

Why double the price to get something that you didn't even like as much?

Oct 4, 2012 at 10:19 PM Post #9 of 20
I was thinking about getting the LCD-2, but its two big earpads really put me off. I feel pretty warm only after a few min, and that's inside the shop w/ aricon on. Don't think I can stand that kind of warm pads at home, and here in Singapore it's wet and hot all year long :frowning2: 

Oct 4, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #10 of 20
I assume you'll be getting a refund on the one you return? Keep the LCD3. If you want to buy the LCD2 in the future, it won't hurt your wallet so much.

Oct 5, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #12 of 20
I wish I had your problems
rolleyes.gif

Oct 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #13 of 20
I say keep the LCD-2 and get a nice DAC/Amp combo, and upgrade the cables to OCC. That might be a better deal than buying the LCD-3 and buying DAC and a Amp for the LCD-3. I'm no expert on the LCD-2 and LCD-3, but I did get to A/B them a few occasions... Honest answer is... It FELT like the LCD-3 was better, but I couldn't exactly hear it... I just kept thinking the LCD-3 sounded better, but I couldn't hear any proof of it.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #14 of 20
I've read a bunch of posts from folks who are upgrading from the LCD2 to LCD3s. It seems like it makes sense to keep the 3s. If I really don't like them, an option is to sell them. I ordered a toxic silver poison cable today but unfortunately its going to take 5-6 weeks to get here. Can't wait.

Oct 5, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #15 of 20
y dun u return the lcd3 n get the fostex.
tat way u get two flavors...chocolate n strawberry
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back