Which is the best headphone you have (or have tried) in terms of price/quality ratio?
Jan 23, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #47 of 127
I forgot hifiman he-6. Last high-end headphone with human price. But really hard to drive and out of stock
Yes, the first time I heard those with a crazy powerful (speaker) amp I couldn't believe how good they sounded. They were my favorite in the meet. Modded HE-500 were very good too. It's crazy how inexpensive those are getting.

Jan 23, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #48 of 127
For me I would say the Audio technica R70X which are the only headphones i manage to keep this long due to loving them. Since they give me all I ever wanted. I don't see my self moving from them in the future, as I been enjoying them with my setup balanced.

Jan 24, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #49 of 127
Yes, the first time I heard those with a crazy powerful (speaker) amp I couldn't believe how good they sounded. They were my favorite in the meet. Modded HE-500 were very good too. It's crazy how inexpensive those are getting.
Sadly, now, every top is too much expensive

Jan 26, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #54 of 127
The $350 HE-560 from the Adorama deal. I've never heard a better sounding headphone and is easily my price - performance champion.

Jan 26, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #55 of 127
I got my Sennheiser CX 300 II 1 week ago. I think its bass is very clear and strong but its volume is a little bit small. But with my budget, that the best think i've ever had :D I saved money entirely 2 months of parttime working to get it <3

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 8:19 AM Post #56 of 127
For under 10$ the Panasonic RP-HJE120 are pretty darned good and seem unbreakable. Monoprice's 7$ iem was my out-and-about favorite but after breaking 5+ of those I switched to the panasonics and probably wear those the most. Lol, I have Shure SE535 iems but those never leave the drawer.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #57 of 127
Monoprice M1060. This thing scaled when fed it a higher end source. That's when I realized it's value. I was like, What?! LOL.

Most unique experience I've ever had with an headphone scaling. Refinement was night and day. This was an experience.

I went from Mojo to Questyle CMA600i. Perhaps Mojo just wasn't a good source for it to to begin with.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #59 of 127
I tend to use my Sony MDR-100AAP headphones mostly, but use the MDR-1A other times. I recently ventured into IEM phones with the FiiO FH1.

Jan 26, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #60 of 127
Being honest, the best price/performance ratio goes to some 5 cent headphones from aliexpress and downhill from there, but let's assume we talk about halfway serious headphones for now :)

That one out of the way I'd say:

If I had to choose only one I'd say probably best price/quality ratio for a new headphone goes to the K701 which I bought new for around 140$.
HD 580 which I bought for around 180$ that time comes right after that but also the T90 is really good for the price it was to be had right before it was replaced by the amiron home (around 350$) and definitely a step up from the HD6x0/K701/DT880 level.

If you are considering second hand that's another story ... bought a Stax SR-202 including the 252II Amp for 240$ ... for the price paid absolutely stunning and likely my best bargain ever :)

Every headphone over a few hundred $ can imo never have a "great price/performance ratio" because they all get absolutely murdered in that recpect by phones like the HD600's/DT880/K701's etc. and after that the price paid for increased performance looks just like an exponentional curve ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back