Which is better ATH-A900, A950LTD, A900x or A900TI
Mar 26, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #46 of 61
I agree that the A900ti sounded better than the A900 as I have stated earlier in that post you've qouted me. I found them to be a slight improvement but not enough to justify me spending that much more on them especially when I already own the A900LTD and A950LTD. The A900ti is also an improvement over the LTD's in that the mids are up front and they didn't sound recessed to my ears. Even the A950LTD has up front sounding mids to my ears so I was satisfied with that purchase. When I heard the A900ti briefly, I felt that the similarities between the it and the A950LTD were close and that it wasn't worth it to me to spend additional money on another set of cans that didn't really make huge difference in sound to justify it's price. Yes the A900LTD, A950LTD, and A900ti all have different drivers.

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #47 of 61
Wait, you're saying the A900s are close to the D2000s in bass? What ATs below $400 have the most bass? Particularly sub-bass.

Yes, but D2000 bass qty and quality beat a900 hands down, particularly the sub bass region. Its unmatch.. But that doesn't mean a900 is bassless, its still one of the bassiest phone of the a series

None as far as I know. .. To my ears. A900 rule superiority in this region.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:03 AM Post #48 of 61
Been reading a lot of very mixed reviews of the a900. Some say the mids are really recessed and distant, others say they are too forward. I mean seriously What? I know sound is subjective but there has to be some common ground to what we should be hearing. It's like me pointing to a blue sky and saying "I think it's pink". Can anyone clear this up please.

Mar 28, 2012 at 4:04 AM Post #49 of 61
Been reading a lot of very mixed reviews of the a900. Some say the mids are really recessed and distant, others say they are too forward. I mean seriously What? I know sound is subjective but there has to be some common ground to what we should be hearing. It's like me pointing to a blue sky and saying "I think it's pink". Can anyone clear this up please.

Mar 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM Post #50 of 61
I don't find mids recessed at all... in fact, it was one of the most prominant things I noticed (at least about the A900X...). Highs and Mids here are reproduced quite well. Bass, although not a monstrous amount, is also present and very good too...

I really believe this is a really good all-around headphone!!
It's similar to my Shure SRH940s BUT FULLER SOUNDING, less emphasis on highs and more bass...

those darn earpads though... LOL!! :wink:

Mar 28, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #51 of 61

I can assure you the mid stick out much more than D2000. Its pretty forward, I do heard that some people say they have recessed mid, that may be some previous version (I am not sure tho). I bought 2 A900x and in Jan this year. One is from Singapore (stereo - tested all A series and W series there) and the other one in US (amazon) and both have their mid stick out.

Mar 28, 2012 at 2:40 PM Post #53 of 61
I found the mids in the A900 to be a little recessed when compared to the A900LTD and A950LTD but YMMV. I can't comment on the A900x as I haven't had the opportunity to demo a pair. It not so recessed that it makes the A900 a displeasure to listen to, but it's noticeable if you really listen for it. I'm no mids freak when it comes to choosing a set of cans, however some here who describe the mids in the A900 as recessed do put a major emphasis on it being up front in the sound spectrum

Mar 28, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #55 of 61
So would you say the mids is at least in line with the bass and treble? Main thing for me is vocals, and audio technica seem like they would be best for my tastes (jpop/rock) but every headphone they make is described to have recessed mids and vocals behind the rest of the music. The ones that usually get recommended are the w1000 and the ad2000, both cmpletely out of my price range.

Mar 28, 2012 at 9:17 PM Post #58 of 61
It is great to talk about ATs in this thread, they are way under-appreciated here in US. Probably their tuning of sound is more Asian music and Asian flavor oriented (Except the M50 of course).

I will start a new thread probably, Lets talk about ATs!

Apr 1, 2012 at 10:23 PM Post #59 of 61

Nearly forgot about this thread.

Quote:
It is great to talk about ATs in this thread, they are way under-appreciated here in US. Probably their tuning of sound is more Asian music and Asian flavor oriented (Except the M50 of course).

I will start a new thread probably, Lets talk about ATs!

desirephone that's a good idea.

Apr 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #60 of 61
Will post some impressions when I receive my 950 ltd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back