Which headphones do you use for PC gaming?
Mar 7, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #196 of 502
Hey everyone,

I am looking for a great pair of all around mic + headphones for gaming/music/movies.  I will be using this on my computer and iphone primarily.  I prefer everything wireless so if I am using it with my iphone while doing work I don't have to worry about snagging the cord.  As a result I started looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Momentum-Wireless-Cancellation--Black/dp/B00SNI44CQ/ref=sr_1_6?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1457353194&sr=1-6&refinements=p_n_feature_four_browse-bin%3A12097501011%2Cp_n_feature_two_browse-bin%3A509318

I am not sure how these currently stack up when using things like teamspeak.

I just bought the steelseries siberia 800, but unfortunately they are not wireless for iphones just any other device.  I do love that they can be used by any device though (pc/mobile/xbox/ps3(4)).  The problem with them is out of the box they are very quite.  I have them hooked up both by usb for power (attached to power outlet and computer) and digital audio.  After messing with the Equalizer I got them bumped up for a decent volume, but during certain ranges they have a crackle like it can't handle the sound.

My budget really only allows me to buy 1 pair so that is why I am trying to get a one and done pair.  I am also not sure if when corded the sennheiser momentums would work with a ps4 for chat capabilites.

if you think I am better off keeping the steelseries and have recommendations on how I can make them sound better that would be fantastic (I think they sound good, just not a high enough volume without some form of distortion).

I do understand I could just buy a bluetooth adapter for the headset for the phone, but that looks a little clunky and out of whack when at your desk in the workplace.

I appreciate your feedback

Mar 15, 2016 at 7:12 AM Post #199 of 502
My new PC gaming headphone upgrade (coming from a Titanium HD/Objective 2 amp/AKG Q701 setup)

The new setup is the following: Same Creative Titanium HD sound card (using CMSS surround and software EQ), feeding a Schiit Valhalla 2 amp, Draug v2 cable, and Sennheiser HD 800 headphones.

My impressions after playing a variety of games on the new setup, such as Battlefield 4, Fallout 4, Doom, Natural Selection 2, and Metro 2033:

The soundstage is wide and deep. The Q701's had a wide (side to side) soundstage, but the HD 800's match that "wideness" with vastly superior "depth" (far in front and far in rear). The bass is accurate and full, again vastly superior to the AKG Q701's.

I can't say enough about what these cans have done for my overall gaming experience. I am hearing environmental effects in games that did not manifest using any other headphone before. There is a such a satisfying "crispness" to every little audible detail that it is hard to put in words. When you hear the "ping" of shotgun shells bouncing off the pavement in a game like BF4, it can send a chill down your spine. They bring a whole new level of immersion to the table.

I highly recommend HD 800's for PC gaming.

Mar 23, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #201 of 502
Hello i have one tritton Pro+, its great for playing games, and i was a pro gamer!  But i had to leave competitions.So now  i have a question:

Can i have a better audio experience, with a Audio Technica ATH-M50 or  Koss - PRODJ 100, with my motherboard's on-board audio? You know Tritton Pro+ have a decoder box, that i believe, thats better than my motherboard's on-board audio chipset.

My motherboard's have a Realtek ALC898 codec.

Thanks!

Mar 23, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #202 of 502
  Hello i have one tritton Pro+, its great for playing games, and i was a pro gamer!  But i had to leave competitions.So now  i have a question:

Can i have a better audio experience, with a Audio Technica ATH-M50 or  Koss - PRODJ 100, with my motherboard's on-board audio? You know Tritton Pro+ have a decoder box, that i believe, thats better than my motherboard's on-board audio chipset.

My motherboard's have a Realtek ALC898 codec.

Thanks!

I think you should be looking open backed for the best gaming experience.  Have you considered the Sennheiser HD598 or the Beyerdynamic DT990 PRO?

Mar 24, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #204 of 502
I'm using a pair of Audio Technia m50x with a ModMic for my PS4 and a Polk Audio Fourshot on PC. While the Fourshot doesn't provide the same audio quality as many other options, it's super comfortable and has excellent noise isolation. Since I spend pretty much my entire workday on the PC wearing them, comfort trumps audio quality and noise isolation is important to keep me on task when the dogs are running around or the lady of the house is playing Destiny/Dragonage.

Still looking for the #1 combo of audio quality and noise isolation and comfort though, so open to suggestions for my next upgrade for PC!

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #207 of 502
Same set-up I use for music: Benchmark DAC-1 USB (via USB) and HE-400i. Always set games to stereo. This preset in Equalizer APO:

Code:
 Preamp: -6 dB Filter: ON LS Fc 110 Hz Gain 3 dB Filter: ON NO Fc 5500 Hz Filter: ON NO Fc 1000 Hz Filter: ON NO Fc 10000 Hz Copy: L=0.1*R+0.9*L R=0.1*L+0.9*R

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:14 PM Post #209 of 502
HD650 or THX00 currently.  I think that the Alpha Dogs work amazingly well with stereo game sounds.  Best positioning headphones I've heard.  I guess it helps that they are also the best isolation headphones I've heard as well so small details and ambient cues can be heard with ease.  Every time I think about selling them I'm like, I don't have a better closed sounding reference can.

Apr 5, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #210 of 502
Used a few.
Plenty of gaming headsets (creative sigma3d was ok)
Creative aurvana live1 - which was good but headband was too small for me
Brainwavz hm5 - not good for games. Clamps too tight and not fun enough.
Koss Porta Pro now - It's fantastic for gaming and music. Sounds open and fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back