Which albums sound best with your Grado?
Nov 10, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #256 of 295

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #258 of 295
Currently got Miles Davis 'In A Silent Way' on. I've heard this album countless times before but I don't think I heard Dave Hollands bass in quite the same way that my SR325 presents it.

Apr 2, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #260 of 295
Nickel Creek on the 325is is amazing. I'm not a big bluegrass fan, but their recordings and the detail of the 325is make for quite an experience with pure, acoustic recordings.

Jun 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #261 of 295
Marantz's High-end Audiophile Test Demo SACD - 15th Edition sounds great with Grado's. I bought it for my home theater use but when I was browsing the album's booklet, I read that the 225i's were used in recording the album. So, I tried listening to it with my Grado's and it sounds fantastic! I highly recommend it especially to those who want great tracks to demo their Grado's (also your stereo and home theater systems) to friends and family.

You can find the track list here.

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #263 of 295
After seeing and reading through this thread I decided (because I have a number of their albums) to listen to all of my Led Zeppelin collection again. Wow, I don't know if its my new amp or my new SR325is phones but I have never heard them sound any where near this good before...just fantastic!!  These are all the original versions, makes me want to get some remastered versions of my favorites just to see if they are even better.

Jun 16, 2013 at 7:24 AM Post #266 of 295
I have just recently bought all of the remastered Cheap Trick cd's that I could find off of e-bay.

I must say that the very first Cheap Trick cd is what rock legends are made from!!!!

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM Post #268 of 295
I love all Rock on Grado's but....I love Grados for what they do for:

Radiohead-Ok Computer 
Jimi Hendrix-all
The Cake-Comfort Eagle 
Led Zeppelin (I thru IV)
Elton John (early recordings)
Niel Young & Crazy Horse (all) 

Sep 25, 2013 at 1:01 AM Post #269 of 295
Trigun: First Donuts

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #270 of 295
  If you like that - try getting her "Live From The Royal Albert Hall" album (CD & DVD).  I hardly listen to 21 any more.  She is magnificent live.

I couldn't agree more. The thing about this recording is it is such a true performance. She is out there on that stage, a bit nervous, a bit hoarse, and singing her heart out. Wonderful listen!

Jethro Tull - Aqualung
I won't gush about Paper Airplane, thats been done
Rickie Lee Jones - Traffic From Paradise
Cara Dilon - Live at the Grand Opera House
Lyle Lovett - Joshua Judges Ruth
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back