Whats your go to sub $120 IEM?
Jan 3, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #33 of 58
RHA MA 750i , deep tight bass, very well extended in the treble, ok mids, good soundstage, enourmus power when i want very big bass amped with my Fiio E11, amazing build quality, they sound clearer than shure 215, and with a lot better treble extension
here are measurements of the two
Shure 215

MA750

my only complaint is the mids, a tad forward presentation and they will be perfect.

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #36 of 58
Imo the 750 Is way to airy

Jan 3, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #38 of 58
Honestly if you want an earphone for $100 that's good with hip hop you should get the sennheiser momentum in ear. The bass on these is thumping which really suits genres like rap or hip hop. Don't worry even though the bass is really dominant the mids and highs are not over shadowed, the boosted treble actually prevents them from making them sound dark.

Jan 6, 2015 at 6:17 AM Post #39 of 58
+1 on IM70. Fantastic IEM.

Jan 6, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #40 of 58
I've never really strayed from my sony ex71's for enjoyable listening in the sub $100 pricepoint.  I like them more than most of the other iems i have tried but they can be fragile.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:57 AM Post #43 of 58
  k guys I ordered the IM70.. Thing is its an import from Japan. does that mean the 1 year warranty is not valid? what do I do if they do go bad?

Only if the dealer you bought from is an authorized dealer. I don't think they even sell these IEMs in the west part of the world so you have a better chance of having bought from an authorized retailer getting it imported from japan than not.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #44 of 58
I don't think its worth spending a ton of money on equipment for rap music. I don't think the genre really demands great equipment, given how poorly its usually recorded. 

You can get a 50 dollar pair of IEMs that will give you the bass quantity you need.

Something like the MH1s would be just fine IMO.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:50 PM Post #45 of 58
  I don't think its worth spending a ton of money on equipment for rap music. I don't think the genre really demands great equipment, given how poorly its usually recorded. 

You can get a 50 dollar pair of IEMs that will give you the bass quantity you need.

Something like the MH1s would be just fine IMO.

I'll agree with the fact that most of it is recorded poorly. Hip-Hop/Rap is a lot of guys who make their own mixtapes, rap over instrumentals they found on the net, had some friend mix/master for them, etc. Only big timers (they're recorded well) will make the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back