Whats your go to sub $120 IEM?
Dec 28, 2014 at 4:01 PM Post #16 of 58
  yeah only thing stopping me from pulling he trigger on R3 is the lack of bass.. even read a review saying its a bad iem for the genre i want, or at least its tuned towards the opposite spectrum 

Well, I missed the part with the rap music. R3 isn't lacking bass but it's bass is close to flat and neutral - it is of much better quality than vsd1's and a lot better than the pistons' but quantity-wise it isn't a match for them. You could eq the bass or use an amp with bass boost but if you are particularly looking for heavy and prominent low end you might want to look elsewhere.

Dec 28, 2014 at 4:03 PM Post #17 of 58
Lmao this is going so wrong...

TTPOD look like IE800 indeed, but that doesn't mean they should sound like IE800 as well. They are just visually similar.

I own TTPOD T1Es and they are really great. Build quality is top notch on these and I don't see these breaking any soon. Sound quality is superb but these need amp to shine the fullest. They have warm and slight V shaped signature. IMHO these sound rich, have good soundstage and really shine at producing bass.

I recommemd you

1. Zero audio Tenores (Warm, smooth and very intimate sound. Build is fragile, need babysitting)
2. TTPOD T1E (read above)
3. Havi B3P1 (decent build and very neutral, reference curve, great bundeled accessories)

Sure, I don't deny you on the sound quality. Plus I cant comment on the sound because I never heard it before. Therefore, all I know is that the Havi B3's look like the IE80s and the TTPOD T1E looks like the IE800s - they in fact look like identical knock-offs. I just commented for durability, the SE line beat these in durability for sure and the 215s I would say are not far off technically from any of these sub $100 earphones listed above.

Dec 28, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #18 of 58
  So, the only thing keeping you back is that it's the wrong earphone for you?

Well, don't let that stop you!
wink_face.gif

Don't listen to this. Let that stop you

Dec 28, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #19 of 58
VSonic GR02 Bass Edition on Amazon for $39 from LendMeUrEars. I got em and love em. 

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #20 of 58
Ok so now my eyes are on the RHA 750.. It seems to check the 3 boxes I want checked. good sound quality, the bass i want, and durability.. So what do you guys think? 

ps, I think I'm suffering from a bad case of paralysis by analysis  

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #21 of 58
  Ok so now my eyes are on the RHA 750.. It seems to check the 3 boxes I want checked. good sound quality, the bass i want, and durability.. So what do you guys think? 

MA750 sounds like it would fit. I'd suggest the Audio Technica IM70 instead though. It ticks the same boxes and it would have better vocals.

Dec 29, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #22 of 58
Will I hear a big difference between the 215 and the ma750i?

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:13 AM Post #27 of 58
I will vote for 750

Dec 29, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #28 of 58
Still debating If should return my 215 for ma750 it's about 20$ more. Mainly listen to edm the 215 have enough bass and looks nice but everyone was talking about how good the 750 are

Dec 30, 2014 at 11:29 PM Post #29 of 58
At one point I owned the ATH-IM70s. Enjoyed my Shure SE215LTD's better and got rid of the ATH's. I listen to EDM mostly. To me, the Shures are an overall better choice

Jan 3, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #30 of 58
I originally had a 20$-now 40$ beater pair of etymotics until they started to sound a tad bit sibilant/crackly and I subsequently lost them a couple months later.(Probably got some dust in the drivers or something after a year or so)
 If you want some seriously neutral iems(albeit bass light and initially questionable comfort) I think most people would be hard pressed to find a better alternative to etys for that price. Seriously, sound wise the differences between them and my hd650 can almost be described as minute.
I picked up the AF33 for 30 at my school just so I wouldn't bother my roommate or anything but there really was no comparison. They were competent but that was it, nothing stood out about them. The soundmagic e10, and ath ckm55 were more enjoyable.

I just ordered the vsd3s based on all the great reviews saying that their sound signature being referenced on 400$ westones isn't entirely a load of hogwash. If they sound like the ath m50 I'll be ecstatic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back