Whats up with t he Chroma 1
Nov 7, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #61 of 126
I think the price has gone up to 1090$.
I would like to ask whether what is the bass in the chroma md1 (I don't think the limited version of the signature is still available)
How does it sound with the ZDT?   Will it be a good match?
Can it be driven by the headphone amp or by ipod?
I have the balanced 4 pin XLR will there be adapter for that.

Nov 7, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #62 of 126
Is Rudistor's entire fan base located outside of the US?  Just an interesting observation I've noticed over the past year
tongue.gif

Nov 8, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #63 of 126
RudiStor mentions again about the issue of signature version on his Twitter. It's a bad news.
I am curious about the performance between standard and signature version on signle-end jack as the cable difference.

Nov 8, 2010 at 12:56 PM Post #64 of 126
The Signature was delivered with both an SE and a XLR adapter; I made no special request.
The bass is very good and tied to the rest of the spectrum. The bass has the quality I like of being attached to the musical element that produces it,
as opposed to a general low-frequency fog. The bass in not overwhelming at all, but still all there. These are not bass-light.
They have more bass, in memory, than my old Stax Omegas/007t amp, which seemed lacking in bass extension (though the quality was good).
Thanks for the comments on my impressions.

Nov 8, 2010 at 1:15 PM Post #65 of 126
I saw them on a Grado mod sight a bit ago, i assumed they were mods but i guess not. 

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:11 PM Post #66 of 126

Quote:
I saw them on a Grado mod sight a bit ago, i assumed they were mods but i guess not. 

The drivers are 53mm, I do not think that any Grado goes that big in size...but sizewise they are pretty similar, just that a lot lighter in weight...nothing like the PS1000

Nov 8, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #67 of 126
wish i had the budget for the PS1k T.T

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #69 of 126
This thread deserves to be reborn!

My MD1 arrived 2 wks ago, and I thought it sounded mushy out of the box.  But the timbre was already right on.  So I burned it in with the Isotek CD and music for > 40 hrs, per Rudi's recommendation.

It now sounds spectacularly clear and coherent - the music is just in my head with all the notes having the right timbre and attack and decay and and and -- it sounds like music!  and when I close my eyes, I am almost right there - I can see the musicians but I am not distracted and I can simply enjoy the music.  The word Skylab used was "sublime", and I think that is exactly right.   And they are like nothing sitting on my head - soo light.

Surprisingly, the MD1 sounds better on my cryo'd DNA Sonett than with the RP010Bm2.  More "there", more presence.  Makes me wish that I had not sold the RP8, which might be a match made in heaven.

My two cents.  How about that comparison between the MD1 and the LCD-s?  Anybody???

Dec 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #70 of 126

Quote:
Is Rudistor's entire fan base located outside of the US?  Just an interesting observation I've noticed over the past year
tongue.gif

As a general rule, and maybe I'm wrong on that, but it is true, and at least to me, I do believe that Rudistor has not been very popular in US, while we were working together we had some important sales here in the US, but not as he had in other parts of the world, Asia and Europe mainly, and his products had not gotten the attention they deserve sound wise (in my opinion)...honestly...and for different reasons...reasons that I prefer to ignore, as at the end, they have been all detrimental to our enjoyment, and our community is the one that had missed the opportunity of listening a few more options...

Dec 13, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #71 of 126
Just wondering what's the difference in sound when driving the Chroma's balanced vs. unbalanced. I've a RPX-300, so can drive both. However, getting the Chroma's balanced adds some costs (about 100 Euro).
So will that be worth it?

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #72 of 126
http://www.rudistor.com/chroma%20md1.htm

I see both versions are now up for sale again.

As an aside - does anyone know who makes those stands the MD-1 sits on and where I can buy one?!

Thanks L

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:53 AM Post #73 of 126
I recalled being favorably impressed with these at CanJam, and since I am still mourning the Edition 10 debaucle, I decided to buy a pair of these
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 10:57 AM Post #74 of 126
Hi Skylab - I have read your story on the Ed.10 with considerable interest. Sorry you got done over on those :frowning2:

Have you got your MD-1 yet - your opinion would be very welcome if and when? 

Also - any idea on the stands?

Cheers- L

Jan 18, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #75 of 126
No clue on the stands.  I just ordered the MD-1 today - so not sure how long until they will arrive, then there will be the requisite burn in, etc etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back