What's the best USB audio cable for the money?
Nov 7, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #887 of 1,257
Nov 12, 2023 at 9:16 AM Post #894 of 1,257
Now I’m looking forward to sharing my thoughts on two cables in the coming weeks:

- Inakustik Excellence High Speed
- Intona Professional USB 2.0 Hi-speed Reference

These are two cables in different price segments of the market so it will also be an interesting comparision, I hope :smile: . What does a (much) more expensive bring to the table? Performance or buyers remorse?!

Anyway, this will be the last two USB cables I buy. The only exception is if the Inakustik performs really, really well then I might be tempted to compare it’s big brother, the Inakustik Reference, to the Intona Reference.

Nov 14, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #895 of 1,257
Hi all, bumped onto this thread because I'm researching the Neotech NEUB 3020 (or the 1020). This might come off as a stupid question, but I was genuinely wondering whether the cable is officially terminated at the factory or whether it's something a designated local dealer conjures up from a loom.

I 'd appreciate the knowledge, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2023 at 4:12 PM Post #896 of 1,257
I bought a Supra USB Excalibur cable, is the sound expected to change? do you have a burn-in time? If he has it and his voice will change, then what will it be? Please answer only those who had or have such a cable and have personal experience.

Nov 17, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #897 of 1,257
I bought a Supra USB Excalibur cable, is the sound expected to change? do you have a burn-in time? If he has it and his voice will change, then what will it be? Please answer only those who had or have such a cable and have personal experience.
The sound was very different from my other cables from first listening on Tidal.

I don't remember if it bettered with burn in. I don't believe in burn in on cables, in sure there is something but I don't remember the changes in burn in.

Nov 17, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #899 of 1,257
The change was more detailed, air and better soundstage. More detailed bass also and less boomy.
I 100% agree there, spot on!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Nov 17, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #900 of 1,257
Now I’m looking forward to sharing my thoughts on two cables in the coming weeks:

- Inakustik Excellence High Speed
- Intona Professional USB 2.0 Hi-speed Reference

These are two cables in different price segments of the market so it will also be an interesting comparision, I hope :smile: . What does a (much) more expensive bring to the table? Performance or buyers remorse?!

Anyway, this will be the last two USB cables I buy. The only exception is if the Inakustik performs really, really well then I might be tempted to compare it’s big brother, the Inakustik Reference, to the Intona Reference.
Here we go.

First up is the Inakustik Excellence High Speed and what a surprise it is. It’s a well built and certified cable, ie meets specification. This is a really good cable and superb value at sub €100! It’s the perfect upgrade cable because it’s neutral and will suit ”all” systems. If your looking for a cable to try that just gets out of the way and doesn’t impart any sound of it’s own this is it.

The sound is clear and detailed with a nice response across the frequency range; good extension in both bass and treble. The presentation of soundstage has width and depth, but the sense of layering (”3D”) falls short against the best cables. I believe it has to do with the slightly soft transient response which lacks bite/edge, again in comparison with the best cables. The fact that I’m comparing against the best cables, not other cables in the same price range, speaks volumes about how I feel about this cable. Highly recommended.

Next week, the Intona Reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back