What's the best USB audio cable for the money?
Nov 18, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #901 of 1,289
Hi all, bumped onto this thread because I'm researching the Neotech NEUB 3020 (or the 1020). This might come off as a stupid question, but I was genuinely wondering whether the cable is officially terminated at the factory or whether it's something a designated local dealer conjures up from a loom.

I 'd appreciate the knowledge, thanks in advance!
It's officially terminated by Neotech. I've spoken to a trusted distributor before about that exact topic. I understand why you ask that, their Neotech nep-3200 power cords, usb, and ethernet cables, have a more "DIY" look to them. But to be honest, all that matters to me is the sound, so it doesn't bother me that they aren't as outwardly refined as their more expensive counterparts.

Nov 25, 2023 at 5:54 PM Post #903 of 1,289
What’s the best USB audio cabel for the money? I don’t know, probably never will but I do know that the Intona Professional USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Cable REFERENCE is the best I ever heard in my system.

There is a flow, a sense of ease that I usually only hear in the very best systems. I’m actually unsure how to write some kind of review when everything just sounds correct - it’s such a good cable!
It’s been a great journey :beerchug:

Edit: Forgot to edit my heading.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #904 of 1,289
Addendum
Here is a summary of the cables I’ve auditioned including an updated list of favorites (alpabetical order):

FTA Callisto
Inakustik Excellence High Speed*
Intona Professional USB 2.0 Hi-speed REFERENCE*
Neotech NEUB-1020*
Oyaide Neo d+ class A*
Purist Audio Ultimate
Shunyata Venom
Shunyata Delta
Shunyata Alpha
Shunyata Sigma
Shunyata Omega*
Supra High-speed*
Supra Excalibur*

* = favourites

The two cables I would recommend given my preferences are:
  1. Intona Professional USB 2.0 Hi-speed REFERENCE
  2. Inakustik Excellence High Speed USB
The Intona is the finest cable I have heard in my system. It somehow balances all the traits of an excellent cable in a way I’ve only experienced before with the Shunyata Omega. I haven’t compared the two and don’t feel the urge to either - they are both ”perfect” in my book! There’s one thing they have in common that is unusual: they have this ability to create a ”3D-effect”. It’s not just layering or depth, maybe it’s a case of superb resolution?!

Good luck to you all in search of your ”perfect” USB cable, I’ve found mine!

P.S. And I highly recommend having the Inakustik as reference or point of comparison when auditioning other USB cables. It’s brilliant value!

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 5:34 PM Post #905 of 1,289
P.S. And I highly recommend having the Inakustik as reference or point of comparison when auditioning other USB cables. It’s brilliant value!

Thanks for sharing your experience and listening impressions! :thumbsup:
I have bookmarked In-Akustik to reference at a later time once they get USB-C cables in so I can try them, since that is what I need atm.

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #906 of 1,289
Addendum
Here is a summary of the cables I’ve auditioned including an updated list of favorites (alpabetical order):

FTA Callisto
Neotech NEUB-1020*
Oyaide Neo d+ class A*
Purist Audio Ultimate
Shunyata Venom
Shunyata Delta
Shunyata Alpha
Shunyata Sigma
Shunyata Omega*
Supra High-speed*
Supra Excalibur*

* = favourites

The Intona is the finest cable I have heard in my system. It somehow balances all the traits of an excellent cable in a way I’ve only experienced before with the Shunyata Omega. I haven’t compared the two and don’t feel the urge to either - they are both ”perfect” in my book! There’s one thing they have in common that is unusual: they have this ability to create a ”3D-effect”. It’s not just layering or depth, maybe it’s a case of superb resolution?!

I would also like to add my thanks for the list and impressions you posted here, very valuable info!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 1, 2023 at 8:59 PM Post #907 of 1,289
Could anyone please help me pick the right legendary "Belkin Gold Series Usb Cable" from the three pictures below? All from Ebay. Or it is something else? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231202-085836.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202-085836.jpg
    554.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231202-085819.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202-085819.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20231202-085801.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202-085801.jpg
    538.2 KB · Views: 0
Dec 6, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #908 of 1,289
I have an Oyaide Neo d+ class A connected to a LampizatOr Baltic 4 and sounds very good and would like to upgrade to some other that is marginally better specially lowering the noise even further but would love to keep budget not as high specially since the ones that I have had in the 900 - 1400 usd range have barely surpassed this Oyaide Neo d+ jewel, for what have called my attention are the NEOTECHs and the Inakustik Excellence High Speed...
Could you comment on the sound characteristics of those vs the OYAIDE ?

Thanks for that shared info very helpful

Addendum

FTA Callisto
Neotech NEUB-1020*
Oyaide Neo d+ class A*
Purist Audio Ultimate
Shunyata Venom
Shunyata Delta
Shunyata Alpha
Shunyata Sigma
Shunyata Omega*
Supra High-speed*
Supra Excalibur*

* = favourites

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:24 AM Post #909 of 1,289
I have an Oyaide Neo d+ class A connected to a LampizatOr Baltic 4 and sounds very good and would like to upgrade to some other that is marginally better specially lowering the noise even further but would love to keep budget not as high specially since the ones that I have had in the 900 - 1400 usd range have barely surpassed this Oyaide Neo d+ jewel, for what have called my attention are the NEOTECHs and the Inakustik Excellence High Speed...
Could you comment on the sound characteristics of those vs the OYAIDE ?

Thanks for that shared info very helpful
That’s a really cool dac :beerchug:

Busy at work today and then off to a classical concert so my reply will have to wait until the weekend.

Dec 7, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #910 of 1,289
Do you think it's worth spending c.100 USD/UKP on a cable between a PC and DAC or isn't the source good enough?

Dec 7, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #912 of 1,289
If pc more the reason to use a good usb cable, because computers are maybe one of our products with most EMI Noice.
A cable cannot reduce noise, it can only add noise.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #914 of 1,289
That's not my or others experience.

A cable that is not properly shielded and the 5v? Cable can absolutely be noisy as hell.
What I mean is, any noise present at the source will pass through the cable to the DAC, plus any colourations the cable itself imparts, along with the EMI/RFI that the cable picks up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back