What's the best sounding DAP on the market ????
Sep 7, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #166 of 240
Out of the players i've heard so far:

5th gen nano = terrible, end of

iphone 3g = This was my player for the last year, and to be honest it's quite good

Sansa clip+ = Very clear, narrow soundstage, worst build quality of any product i've ever owned. Faulty headphone jack then kept turning itself on and off every 30 seconds then just wouldn't turn on in the space of 2 days. Now in my bin.

Hisoundaudio studio-v = Hard to use, but destroys any of my previous players in sound quality pretty much perfect.

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #169 of 240

I just got a T51
from HOD it worked for a few hours and the died! I cannot get it to turn on via USB, and outlet? Dead, I tried the reset button but no luck. I am waiting fir response back from HOD.:mad:

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:58 PM Post #170 of 240

Quote:
I just got a T51
from HOD it worked for a few hours and the died! I cannot get it to turn on via USB, and outlet? Dead, I tried the reset button but no luck. I am waiting fir response back from HOD.
mad.gif

Sorry to hear it friend, what you're experiencing now is what always gives me second thoughts when ordering electronics off the net. I can never shake the feeling that if something goes wrong you're left at the mercy of the dealer or manufacturer whose located on the other side of the planet.

So what exactly happened it just shut down and went dead with no warning?

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #171 of 240
Putting aside the hifiman hm-801 which is freaking expensive, I bought a qls qa-350 V2 trying to get the best sounding dap not taking into account other features. Lets see when I get it...

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:00 AM Post #172 of 240

Quote:
Putting aside the hifiman hm-801 which is freaking expensive, I bought a qls qa-350 V2 trying to get the best sounding dap not taking into account other features. Lets see when I get it...

Well I own a HM-801 with the GAME-Card amplifier and since recently the power supply burned through ( 
blink.gif
 ) I decided to try a Cowon J3. What could I possible loose?

Seriously, maybe my ears are not that good, but I don't hear much of a difference. Yes the J3 has less bass on flat EQ, because of the well known frequency drop on low impedance phones, but the EQ makes more then up for it. It doesn't sound as laid back and warm as the HM-801, more analytical but quiet frankly, to my ears I have to say that the HM-801 is (at this price point) big bogus, because the difference just comes in taste and not in superiority...

Sep 11, 2011 at 9:14 AM Post #173 of 240
Sorry to hear it friend, what you're experiencing now is what always gives me second thoughts when ordering electronics off the net. I can never shake the feeling that if something goes wrong you're left at the mercy of the dealer or manufacturer whose located on the other side of the planet.

So what exactly happened it just shut down and went dead with no warning?

Hello,
I got the player started loading music, all Flac tunes from media monkey. It worked OK every thing sounded great from the breif listening I got experience. I bought a scan disc 8 gig mem card. I put it in the player and it stopped playing music. I took the card out and did a factory reset. Did not fix it. I contacted HOD and told them about it they said take the card out and hit reset!:mad: So the next morning I tried to turn the player on, and it was Dead! It was not recognized by my USB via computer, and did not work with wall outlet.
So I am now returning the item for a replacement.

Sep 11, 2011 at 12:12 PM Post #174 of 240

Quote:
Hello,
I got the player started loading music, all Flac tunes from media monkey. It worked OK every thing sounded great from the breif listening I got experience. I bought a scan disc 8 gig mem card. I put it in the player and it stopped playing music. I took the card out and did a factory reset. Did not fix it. I contacted HOD and told them about it they said take the card out and hit reset!
mad.gif
So the next morning I tried to turn the player on, and it was Dead! It was not recognized by my USB via computer, and did not work with wall outlet.
So I am now returning the item for a replacement.

Well that's crappy to hear but on the plus side at least the vendor was prompt and offered you a replacement. Some online vendors take forever to do anything about a problem.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #177 of 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZV3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very good, no issues with that. The T51/Sflo:2 is a nice player, but only for those who want the best audio quality and are willing to put of with a few small quirks.

I myself am not too happy with the idea of having to send my broken products all over the globe.
Last time my re262 broke down after 1 month of use,i had to fly to Shanghai to repair it.

Well, a risk, we Head-Fiers need to live with.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #178 of 240

I myself am not too happy with the idea of having to send my broken products all over the globe.

Last time my re262 broke down after 1 month of use, i had to fly to Shanghai to get it repaired.

Well, a risk, we Head-Fiers need to live with.

Sep 11, 2011 at 5:15 PM Post #179 of 240
Well I own a HM-801 with the GAME-Card amplifier and since recently the power supply burned through ( 
blink.gif
 ) I decided to try a Cowon J3. What could I possible loose?

Seriously, maybe my ears are not that good, but I don't hear much of a difference. Yes the J3 has less bass on flat EQ, because of the well known frequency drop on low impedance phones, but the EQ makes more then up for it. It doesn't sound as laid back and warm as the HM-801, more analytical but quiet frankly, to my ears I have to say that the HM-801 is (at this price point) big bogus, because the difference just comes in taste and not in superiority...

Did you get that feeling playing good quality files?

Sep 13, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #180 of 240
I have gotten kinda spoiled my the massive amount of storage capacity of the iPod Classics.  I have been tempted by stuff like the Cowon J3 but I see that the largest capacity is 32 Gig with an SD card slot.  What is the largest micro SD card you can get?  8 Gig?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back