What's the best sounding DAP on the market ????
Sep 1, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #152 of 240

Quote:
Please excuse my ignorance! I read the other forums!

Learn to edit your posts, and stop trying to get your post count up with 3 non-sense postings.

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #153 of 240

Quote:
Learn to edit your posts, and stop trying to get your post count up with 3 non-sense postings.

Apology wasn't good enough! You think I care how many posts I have?
confused.gif

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #154 of 240
Sep 3, 2011 at 4:26 AM Post #156 of 240

Quote:
I think it's hard to beat a Rockboxed Clip+. Perhaps the original firmware isn't very good, but I think the sound on the rockboxed dap is as good as the iPod nano (3rd gen), Touch (2nd gen), iAudio 9 from Cowon, and nearly as good as the rocknboxed iRiver H1XX . (And yes, I do have all of these daps.)

The main disadvantage is the tiny, tiny screen.

If you say that, then I believe the EnV Touch would be a great player (though it's really a phone, and its library management is pretty bad in my opinion). My iPod Nano 3G sounds tinny compared to my Touch for some reason. Waiting for my LoD though for my iPod.

Sep 3, 2011 at 9:56 AM Post #157 of 240

Sep 3, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #158 of 240
I still like my A844 over the iTouch by a large margin. The Sony have a massive soundstage (and epically colored sound, but hey! it sounds amazing), when the iPod sounds very bland. 

I know quite a few people would prefer S series over A series of Sony because they say that the S Master only add colors and effects to sound, and not quality.

Sep 6, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #159 of 240
I have the Clip +, Fuze + and the Cowon D2 and the Sflo2 thoroughly beats them all. The Fuze with the LO sounds great, but the Sflo just has that something extra, the clarity is really hard to beat and it has a very hot LO!
I could care less about 10hour battery life, I only listen to music for a couple hours at the most in one sitting so the battery actually last forever to me! The Slfo2 has a very nice sound stage and the flat eq setting sounds the
best to me, but if you must tweak, the eq is nothing to be ashamed of and when you find a good setting, it's best to set it and forget it! The Sflo2 has the power, clarity and hot LO to beat most every player on the market and
it's quirks don't really bother me at all!

Sep 7, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #160 of 240
I'll say that the S:flo is the best DAP I've heard to date as well. Having tried the X, J3, Hifiman 601/602 and Iphone 4 and Clip+. Runner up will be the IP4. 

Sep 7, 2011 at 3:27 AM Post #161 of 240

Quote:
They do not have the same internals....but I don't know how the Fuze+ sounds.

Well I have both the clip+ and the fuze.
Straight from the HO they sound both the same BUT fuze with LOD sounds much better.
Much better = improved detail depth of soundstage and the tonality is more musical

I would say fuze + lod sounds way better I would rather use this combo with amp than just clip+ alone.
Yes the fuze + amp is bigger and maybe not that portable as the clip+ alone or with an amp but the sound of fuze lod + amp is really better.
The difference is 25-30% between clip+ with or without amp and the fuze lod + amp.

I am using yuin pk1 with both.

EDIT: I have original fuze v1 not the fuze+

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:00 AM Post #162 of 240
so the sflo2 is the best BUT it does not support gapless (and this is a HUGE dealbreaker)

Is there a better sounding DAP than the cowon J3 ?

(at the same price range money-wise that is)

Sep 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #163 of 240
Sep 7, 2011 at 11:19 AM Post #164 of 240
so the sflo2 is the best BUT it does not support gapless (and this is a HUGE dealbreaker)

Is there a better sounding DAP than the cowon J3 ?

(at the same price range money-wise that is)

Plenty. IP4, 3GS, Ipod Classic 7g, Fuze+, Fuze, X7, Gogear Vibe and Clip+. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back