What's so bad about Bose?
Nov 19, 2009 at 3:13 PM Post #121 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bose is like Justin Timberlake of the audio world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or the McDonald's of the audio world.

No, Bose is the Anitchirst of Audio.

Sometime or other I would LOVE to put my Proton 300/301 combo up against a Wave Radio on FM. Oh, and the Protons only cost me ten bucks.

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #122 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to disagree somewhat with your first statement. IMO and observation, Bose systems are marketed to people who have the money to pay, who want better audio out of their system than they are gonna get from a $20 JVC boombox, and don't want the hassle of dealing with figuring out how well different components in a system are going to interact with one another such as if you were to match up a Yamaha CDP to a set of Pioneer Speakers.

Its a fair comment and as always I imagine the truth may be somewhere inbetween
smily_headphones1.gif

The cost optimised pseudo high end audio, is aimed at people who want to spend a few quid, want it to look nice and are not primarily concerned with faithful sound reproduction.

They are a bit like Marmite. Love them or hate them.

Conks

Nov 19, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #123 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by conkerman /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For my part, I like a much more balanced sound and think pretty much all the Bose stuff I have come across has been lacklustre at best. Quite neatly designed though in some cases. I have found the subs to get a bit 'huffy' at high volume (probably port noise).

Conks

Port noise complaint?

Sorry, couldn't resist
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #124 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Port noise complaint?

Try harder next time.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #126 of 194
Of all the threads to ressurrect, you had to bring back a BOSE thread from the dead???
Sadists!!!!
You should all be locked in a jail cell with only Bose,Monster, and SkullCandy products!!!
I know its a harsh punishment, but may the punishment fit the crime!!!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:01 PM Post #127 of 194
I admit listening to a BOSE about 1 1/2 hours a day. The In-Ear Headphones hooked up to my 1G iPod nano, while commuting to work and back.
The sound quality do not come near my home rig, but for non-critical listening on the road it do a pretty nice job. Comfortable to wear, provide some isolation and a sound quality I can live with for the task.
wink_face.gif

Bose-in-ear1.jpg

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:04 PM Post #128 of 194
I once had someone tell me (this 'someone' worked in the speaker industry for over 20 years) that Bose used a hardware hack in their speakers to make music sound really good, without being accurate in the least. I like my saying: "Pay through the nose for Bose".

Overrated and overpriced shiny crap.

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:39 PM Post #129 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I admit listening to a BOSE about 1 1/2 hours a day. The In-Ear Headphones hooked up to my 1G iPod nano, while commuting to work and back.
The sound quality do not come near my home rig, but for non-critical listening on the road it do a pretty nice job. Comfortable to wear, provide some isolation and a sound quality I can live with for the task.
wink_face.gif

Bose-in-ear1.jpg

Over 30,000 posts and you listen to BOSE too??? Whats this world coming too???!!!!

WAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif
frown.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:32 PM Post #132 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by beerguy0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No way.
evil_smiley.gif

I couldn't resist, either, but yes, it was a good pun.

Nov 19, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #133 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by cantsleep /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bose iem isnt all that bad..

whats more overpriced?
audi or bose
ph34r.gif

What's overpriced about Audi? Their interiors are like granite.

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:17 AM Post #134 of 194
My dad has that mini Bose cd player, I forget the name of it.

It works for him, I guess...I wouldn't buy one.

I probably wouldn't buy any Bose product.

But sometimes I wonder how many of y'all bashing the price / performance ratio of Bose have a stable of cables that cost a small fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back