What Would Be A Headphone The Complete Opposite Of Grado 325is
Jul 7, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #16 of 23
Hi,

A used HD600 or HD580 would be the exact opposite sound. The HD580 can be had for as little as $130 while the HD600 can be as cheap as $200. They both sound the same so why not go with the HD580?

Jul 7, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #17 of 23
Since Grado headphones are very bright sounding, you must consider to pair it with a dark sounding headphone like Sennheiser HD650 maybe and others. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #19 of 23
I was ready to check on some Beyer's...but now i do not know...alot of different opinions.

I thought it would be cool to own something from the opposite end of the spectrum......now I am not so sure.

I only listen to rock...and I love the aggresive attack and the in your face attitude of my Grado's.

I hate to soak money in a pair of phones that I might not like and then just have to resell them..

If i had a place to go listen to some...then I would know.

I may just junk the whole idea of another set and stand pat.

I guess I could sell my 325's and upgrade to an RS1...but then again...I am not sure that I would like those...but I am pretty sure I would...much more so, than another brand.

I guess I could just buy some different pads for my 3325's also...maybe G-Cushions.....I wouldlove to have a set.....I posted that I wanted some in buy/sell/trade...if anybody has any....let me know.

Jul 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #20 of 23
Quote:
I was ready to check on some Beyer's...but now i do not know...alot of different opinions.

I thought it would be cool to own something from the opposite end of the spectrum......now I am not so sure.

I only listen to rock...and I love the aggresive attack and the in your face attitude of my Grado's.

I hate to soak money in a pair of phones that I might not like and then just have to resell them..

I guess I could sell my 325's and upgrade to an RS1...but then again...I am not sure that I would like those...but I am pretty sure I would...much more so, than another brand.

I guess I could just buy some different pads for my 3325's also...maybe G-Cushions.....I wouldlove to have a set.....I posted that I wanted some in buy/sell/trade...if anybody has any....let me know.

Keep your 325 (if you're OK with the highs).  There is nothing I have heard that is like them--probably (and clearly in my book) not even the the Alessandro MS2, which is based on them.

If you love Grados but want a different sound signature--bigger sound stage, separation of the musical voices and natural sound--save up for a pair or RS2's.  The two are a great complementary combo.  BTW--the RS2 has more bass than the 325--all you will probably need for rock.

Jul 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

I agree with KG Jag.  Keep 'em.  I run both my Grados with G-Cush but I'm a comfort/soundstage guy.  I recently bought DT660's (32 ohm only) because I needed a closed can in the living room, away from the big rig.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  Deep bass that the Grados didn't have, good mid-range like the 325i and still bright, meaning, involving and detailed but not tiring.  The soundstage isn't as wide but it's just fine given the other attributes.  I got 'em at amazon for $184 plus shipping (I have Prime, so 2-Day at "no charge").  HTH.

Jul 8, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #23 of 23
I think you guys are right.

I may just save my money until I can afford a used pair of RS1.

Hopefully someday I will be able to experience the joy of the RS1.

I really dont want to sell my 325is to get a pair of RS1.....I love my 325is too much.

I guess maybe I am just a "Grado Head"....nothing wrong with that I suppose, as long as you love the sound.

I do think I will invest in a set of G Cushions for them, along with a extension cable.

Thanks for everybodys input.

This is a fantastic forum, with great people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back