What will it be like?
Aug 18, 2010 at 10:33 AM Post #16 of 31

Quote:
I would, but the newbies are the ones that feel like they are being made to look stupid, because they are asking about a can that most here laugh at.  Yall think that is cool?  Should I still chill out?

Yes, you should. Its not like someone is coming round their house and smacking them in the face with a copy of Stereophile magazine. Although actually, that might be quite good fun, come to think of it.....

But yeah, fine, sorry for taking the mick out Monster and their Beats. The use of them in Book of Eli is absolutely ridiculously laughable though - check it out if you want a good laugh at opportunistic marketing run rampant.  Seemed like shooting fish in a barrel thats all, and i'm weak willed. I apologise.

Have a picture of a cool guy looking cool with cool Monsters.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:45 AM Post #17 of 31

Quote:
I would, but the newbies are the ones that feel like they are being made to look stupid, because they are asking about a can that most here laugh at.  Yall think that is cool?  Should I still chill out?

To paraphrase Ghandi, be the change you want to see in this forum.

In other threads 'ilikecans' is busy calling people 'douche' and asking inane questions. I'm on the fence about whether or not he is a troll, or just bad mannered and new to the internet, where its best to assume any new forum encountered is filled with dumb, malicious, chimpanzees who have something shiny you want. He's doing a bad job of not getting them riled, or a good job of riling them, depending on what his goals are.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #18 of 31

Quote:
Yes, you should. Its not like someone is coming round their house and smacking them in the face with a copy of Stereophile magazine. Although actually, that might be quite good fun, come to think of it.....

But yeah, fine, sorry for taking the mick out Monster and their Beats. The use of them in Book of Eli is absolutely ridiculously laughable though - check it out if you want a good laugh at opportunistic marketing run rampant.  Seemed like shooting fish in a barrel thats all, and i'm weak willed. I apologise.

Have a picture of a cool guy looking cool with cool Monsters.

Man, all Ive seen from you are comments about Hip-Hop and R&B............ and pictures of people that produce this music and the headphones of producers that produce this music.  If you dont like the genre.  That is fine.  But, please dont show bigotry.  A lot of us probably do not like anything you listen too either.  Why dont you take that pill. 

Also, I have seen the Book of Eli............I was watching the movie, and not staring at Denzels headphones the entire time. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #19 of 31

Quote:
To paraphrase Ghandi, be the change you want to see in this forum.

In other threads 'ilikecans' is busy calling people 'douche' and asking inane questions. I'm on the fence about whether or not he is a troll, or just bad mannered and new to the internet, where its best to assume any new forum encountered is filled with dumb, malicious, chimpanzees who have something shiny you want. He's doing a bad job of not getting them riled, or a good job of riling them, depending on what his goals are.

I didnt know about this, sorry if I offended. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #20 of 31
Well done!  You missed that piece of blatant product placement then? Even to the point that the whole desaturated post-apocalyptic aesthetic was forced to take a back seat every time the bright red and pitch black and oh so sexy Beats came out the bag for another go on the celluloid carousel?

Good skills. Me, it kind of distracted my eyes.

And as for calling me a bigot, well steady there. It's fine line you're treading.

Here's some more cool people with the cool Monster merchandise.  One of them's a woman! And one might be disabled, judging by his spaceage wheelchair! Phewee.

Quote:

Man, all Ive seen from you are comments about Hip-Hop and R&B............ and pictures of people that produce this music and the headphones of producers that produce this music.  If you dont like the genre.  That is fine.  But, please dont show bigotry.  A lot of us probably do not like anything you listen too either.  Why dont you take that pill. 

Also, I have seen the Book of Eli............I was watching the movie, and not staring at Denzels headphones the entire time. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:05 AM Post #21 of 31
I agree with grimloki.

If you can cancel your order, do it.

For the price of the Tours ($134), you could get an excellent headset. Like the Audio-Technica ATH-M50, or even the Sony MDR-V900HD.

Inversely, for the price of the Studios ($259) you could get the Monster Turbine Pro Coppers at onecall.com (use the my-price option). Alternatively, you could even get the JAYS q-jays. 

It's the Studios that killed your budget. The sound they make for $250 is just way overpriced. Much better cans can be had for cheaper. 
Just because Kobe uses them doesn't mean you should to. Plus, he probably gets paid to use them.

Flip the amount of money you spent on IEMs vs headphones, and you'll be golden.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:06 AM Post #22 of 31
Mods: I think the OP question has been answered satisfactorily -- might be a good time to close this caustic-moving thread.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #23 of 31

Quote:
The Beats Tours and Beats Studios are definitely a step in the right direction, but they are not the best choice you can make in a market flooded with choices, for the money. Its a highly competitive market and Monster puts themselves ahead of the pack with aggressive marketing, which doesn't sound any better when you get the phones. 

Will you be blown away? Yep probably, then blown away again when you get better gear from names you don't see advertised.

If you can cancel your order I would recommend that. There are so many great choices, and the Beats are sadly not among the great choices.

If its looks you want, then http://www.customcans.co.uk/ can customize good sounding headphones, and you don't have to choose between looking like an uninformed tool, or a doofus wearing full size cans. You are given a third choice... looking like a candy raver.. but at least they will sound good.

Quote:
Well done!  You missed that piece of blatant product placement then? Even to the point that the whole desaturated post-apocalyptic aesthetic was forced to take a back seat every time the bright red and pitch black and oh so sexy Beats came out the bag for another go on the celluloid carousel?

Good skills. Me, it kind of distracted my eyes.

And as for calling me a bigot, well steady there. It's fine line you're treading.

Here's some more cool people with the cool Monster merchandise.  One of them's a woman! And one might be disabled, judging by his spaceage wheelchair! Phewee.

LOL..............this happens all over..........well, at least in the US.  You will see the brand new model of a car in a movie.........Transformers and the new Camero.  The new Audio A8 in Transporter 3.  Hell, you see with almost all products in professional sports, movies, music.............Its called MARKETING.  Hey, I will take that Chill pill.  Im tired of arguing and debating.  Have a good day.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:12 AM Post #24 of 31
Wow i just decided that Monster is an awful company that needs to die. Noel Lee, the Kim Jong lookalike on the tricked out segway (which once seen, can never be unseen) was a scientist at Lawrence Livermore labs before he decided cables was his bing moneymaker for audio/video.

He named the company Monster cause it was scary and sounded powerful (meaning he's as crazy as he looks) He even kidnapped Dr. Dre. (seen in his chocolate velour pajamas looking sleepy) to promote his product.

I'm positive that segway shoots lasers. That man is the cancer that is killing head-fi.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #25 of 31
LOL!! 

Yeah, it looks like a still from the next Bond movie.

"No, Mr Dre, I expect you to PROMOTE!"

Quote:
Wow i just decided that Monster is an awful company that needs to die. Noel Lee, the Kim Jong lookalike on the tricked out segway (which once seen, can never be unseen) was a scientist at Lawrence Livermore labs before he decided cables was his bing moneymaker for audio/video.

He named the company Monster cause it was scary and sounded powerful (meaning he's as crazy as he looks) He even kidnapped Dr. Dre. (seen in his chocolate velour pajamas looking sleepy) to promote his product.

I'm positive that segway shoots lasers. That man is the cancer that is killing head-fi.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:27 AM Post #26 of 31
Actually Monster originated in the car audio industry............Monster Cables.  Now they have branched out into home audio products as well as cans.

I have used their monster cables in my car audio systems before............good stuff.  Im not even going to comment on their headphones as far as sound quality, because I havent heard em.  I do know that their flat cables are pretty cool. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 8:45 PM Post #28 of 31

Quote:
I am bad mannered but I have been on the internet since 98'. I am new to this whole thing. I just want a stylish pair of cans with good audio.

Just curious - is that look really "stylish" to you?  Not trying to offend, but when I see people with them I don't exactly think "wow, they look cool!" or anything like that..

But yep, they should be an upgrade over the skullcandy, but their higher level iems get much more love here.

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #29 of 31

Quote:

Monster's whole line on phones aren't completely bad, there is positive feedback from people who have tried the turbine series, which seems promising. Don't bash the entire company without looking into it a little more. Anaxilus will find you.
wink.gif
I hate the dre beats series will all my fury though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back