What will it be like?
Aug 16, 2010 at 2:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

ilikecans

New Head-Fier
I just ordered beats tour and a pair of beats studio. I am used to 30 dollar skullcandys and koss headphones. So will I Be amazed? I am really big on music and realized I wasn't hearing everything.

Aug 16, 2010 at 2:45 AM Post #2 of 31

HIDE!

ph34r.gif

Aug 16, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #5 of 31
well, Denzil Washington wears the Beats Tour iems in one of the most shameful displays of product placement ever, in the post-apocalyptic movie 'The Book of Eli'.  So I'm guessing their build quality and robustness must be pretty good, if everything is so broken and dusty yet his Monsters are perfectly sparkly and red and pristine.  Plus, if they can keep his mind off the fact that the world is completely f*cked, they must sound ok too.

Aug 16, 2010 at 4:18 AM Post #7 of 31
@BennyBoy71: LOL, I actually just started laughing at my computer screen.

Aug 18, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #9 of 31

Quote:
well, Denzil Washington wears the Beats Tour iems in one of the most shameful displays of product placement ever, in the post-apocalyptic movie 'The Book of Eli'.  So I'm guessing their build quality and robustness must be pretty good, if everything is so broken and dusty yet his Monsters are perfectly sparkly and red and pristine.  Plus, if they can keep his mind off the fact that the world is completely f*cked, they must sound ok too.

What the directors were trying to convey was everything good in the world was gone, including decent IEM's!

Aug 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #10 of 31
I can't speak for the Beats Studio, but I have a pair of Beats Tours.

They are definitely a large step up from Skull Candys you were using before. The quality of the sound that comes out of the Beats Tours, though, could probably be had for less that how much the Tours cost. 

The bass is great, so if you like bassy music, they'll be good you you. Also, the cable is ridiculously hard to tangle up; that flat cable tech really works well. 

I hear the Studios are noise-canceling, so that might affect the quality of the sound somewhat. Probably too bad of a thing though.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #11 of 31

Quote:
I can't speak for the Beats Studio, but I have a pair of Beats Tours.

They are definitely a large step up from Skull Candys you were using before. The quality of the sound that comes out of the Beats Tours, though, could probably be had for less that how much the Tours cost. 

The bass is great, so if you like bassy music, they'll be good you you. Also, the cable is ridiculously hard to tangle up; that flat cable tech really works well. 

I hear the Studios are noise-canceling, so that might affect the quality of the sound somewhat. Probably too bad of a thing though.

Now this is a decent answer to a simple question................this forum SUCKS! so bad sometimes, because you cant get a straight answer.  I was called out because I got mad that a so called audiophile made a sarcastic comment to someone asking a normal question.  I was told not to be so abusive .....WHAT?  Look at some of the responses in this thread.  All the poster asked was if the Dr. Dre Beats would be better than his skullcandys.  Yet we get a "Book Of Eli answer".  I wonder what the response would have been if the poster would have included a question about Etys, RE zeros, Grados, Turbine Pro Coppers...........awwww.....whatever, I give up.   

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #12 of 31

Quote:
I just ordered beats tour and a pair of beats studio. I am used to 30 dollar skullcandys and koss headphones. So will I Be amazed? I am really big on music and realized I wasn't hearing everything.

They will sound much better than skullcandys I can tell ya that.  Now the Koss headphones..........well, the Porta Pros do sound very good, so Im not sure about this headphone.  The beats headphones will have exaggerated bass and treble, because they were intended for Dre type music.  Hip-hop and R&B.........a genre of music probably 75% do not like on this forum.  I think you will be happy with them if this is what you listen to most of the time.  If you listen to a great deal of jazz or classical, acoustic music..........you may not be so happy with these headphones. 

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #13 of 31

Quote:

Now this is a decent answer to a simple question................this forum SUCKS! so bad sometimes, because you cant get a straight answer.  I was called out because I got mad that a so called audiophile made a sarcastic comment to someone asking a normal question.  I was told not to be so abusive .....WHAT?  Look at some of the responses in this thread.  All the poster asked was if the Dr. Dre Beats would be better than his skullcandys.  Yet we get a "Book Of Eli answer".  I wonder what the response would have been if the poster would have included a question about Etys, RE zeros, Grados, Turbine Pro Coppers...........awwww.....whatever, I give up.   

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #14 of 31
I would, but the newbies are the ones that feel like they are being made to look stupid, because they are asking about a can that most here laugh at.  Yall think that is cool?  Should I still chill out?

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #15 of 31
The Beats Tours and Beats Studios are definitely a step in the right direction, but they are not the best choice you can make in a market flooded with choices, for the money. Its a highly competitive market and Monster puts themselves ahead of the pack with aggressive marketing, which doesn't sound any better when you get the phones. 

Will you be blown away? Yep probably, then blown away again when you get better gear from names you don't see advertised.

If you can cancel your order I would recommend that. There are so many great choices, and the Beats are sadly not among the great choices.

If its looks you want, then http://www.customcans.co.uk/ can customize good sounding headphones, and you don't have to choose between looking like an uninformed tool, or a doofus wearing full size cans. You are given a third choice... looking like a candy raver.. but at least they will sound good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back