What was your first headphone purchase after coming to Head-Fi?
Aug 31, 2004 at 10:19 PM Post #166 of 911
If you count amps, mine was a Pimeta from Mister X
If not, than it was the hd580's

Sep 1, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #171 of 911
My first purchases, about six weeks after I first discovered Head-Fi, were the Shure E5's and a Total Airhead. [...followed shortly thereafter by an SR-71] I am currently satisfied, but who knows what the future holds!
icon10.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 1:11 AM Post #172 of 911
Ironically, my first headphone purchase since I joined Head-fi are my HD650's that I got in January. If I recall correctly, I had already purchased the HD580 Jubilee's and MG Head DT that November that I joined and came onto the site to see if I had made a decent choice, of course I haven't regretted it.

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:19 AM Post #177 of 911
CD780 a couple days ago. They sound for my first pair of "good" headphones.

I'd to upgrade to a pair of woodies in a few months if I have the money.

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:21 AM Post #178 of 911
I found head-fi searching for more information about the Grado Sr-60s I wanted to buy. I think I had actually found head-fi a few months prior researching the Senn 212 Pros (oh how misguided I was) and remembered reading about a headphone company called Grado. So I guess Grado Sr-60s were the first headphones I purchased after coming to head-fi.

They introduced me to hifi, and I will never look back. I think it's safe to say that over the last six months, I was slowly converted to full-fledged audiophilism. As it happens, head-fi got me back into music as well.

I was getting sort of tired of music, but those Sr-60s really got me energized again. I think my brain may have just been predisposed toward audiophilism, and was trying to tell me that the music I was hearing was not making me as happy as it used to because it simply did not sound like it should. I remembered the name "Grado" and looked into better sound. That may sound stupid but I think it's completely true
rolleyes.gif

Sep 1, 2004 at 2:28 AM Post #179 of 911
Gilmore V2/SE from Tom Hankins and a set of Senn 650s with a silver dragon cable. I have never looked back and am still upgrading. I may never sell anything, just keep acquiring. Maybe I need to get into vinyl. I don't tinker enough, LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back