What should I get in addition to my AKG K-240's
Jun 16, 2011 at 6:54 AM Post #31 of 36
Have you found some that are good? Also does different amps you've own made a significant difference or just made the flavor a bit different?
Quote:
Erm... i don't think the Fiio can power them sufficiently though...
The K702/701 is very very picky on amps. Oh well, if it doesn't fit, get another amp! Well, that's what my K701 did to me, and after that i got another and another and another and.......

Jun 16, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #33 of 36

Quote:
I ended up getting a pair of k 702s, i'll report back to let everyone know how i like them.

but i told you to get the K601!!

Quote:
Erm... i don't think the Fiio can power them sufficiently though...
The K702/701 is very very picky on amps. Oh well, if it doesn't fit, get another amp! Well, that's what my K701 did to me, and after that i got another and another and another and.......

I've heard the fiio doesnt, i was about to buy it but asked some people whose opinion I consider and decided to same for something better. they said something like "it was OK, Until I tried them with X"

X in one case Shanling PH100, Im considering that one. but again mine is the K601, read this maybe it could help: post #557

Jun 16, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #34 of 36
Thank you all for the responses!
k701smile.gif
  I'm excited, my headphones are scheduled to come tomorrow!
popcorn.gif

Jun 16, 2011 at 5:22 PM Post #36 of 36

Quote:
Have you found some that are good? Also does different amps you've own made a significant difference or just made the flavor a bit different?

Actually i got only a Eddie Current for my K701 but it was the one that sparked everything. After that my JH and ACS took over my life and I started looking at portable amps because i was out most of the time, it was also a frustrating time as most of the amps were too loud or hissed, i think the only amps that worked quite well were the RSA ones, but then there was a problem with the &$&@ channel imbalance at very low volumes, which i tend to listen at. In the end, the only one that didn't hiss & too loud & channel imbalance was the Protector, now i guess i'll need to get rid of a lot of stuff.

I'm gonna go on a listening spree with the K701 when i get back. Got a few amps that i would like to try with the K701, i think i'll go and try the Graham Slee Solo, Novo, Schiit Lyr for fun and i'll check what's available at the time.

Just pair them with warmer amps, i'm quite happy with my entry level Eddie and i'll stick with it for budget reasons, if i upgrade, it will be for the Schiit. I think the K701 should be really good with tubes, but it's really hot in Singapore/Malaysia and i don't really want something else heating up my room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back