What over ear headphones should I get for around 70?
Aug 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

prodigydoo

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I am new here, so of this isn't the write place to post please point me in the right direction..

I have been on a search for the perfect pair of headphones for my needs within my budget for a while now and I feel I just need to ask the question so that I can get exactly the answers I want..

My budget is around $70 AUD (roughly the same in usd) and I am after some headphones that satisfy my needs of the following:

- comfortable for long periods of use. I'm definety thinking over ear for this
- good bass response as I am a bit of a bass head
- accurate sound reproduction
- ok for a bit of gaming (usually what I would wear them for long periods for)
- don't need to be run through an Amp for good sound (unless he amp and headphones come to a sum within the budget)

I am definety lenient wih my budget. It doesn't bother me if I have to save a little more and suggestions are welcome of slightly more expensive cans but I really would prefer things within my price range please :)

So far I have gotten really close to deciding on the Superlux hd662f but I'm starting to doubt this.

So the main things I want are sound, bass and comfort... I would prefer to buy online, I'm happy to buy on eBay as long as I'm getting the real deal.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, thanks in advance :D

Aug 9, 2012 at 1:31 PM Post #2 of 15
Sony MDR XB500 / Creative Aurvana Live! ( Stretch )

or save and go for HFI570 Ultrasones (worth every penny)  :)

The others to consider:

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S.

JVC HARX900

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:36 PM Post #3 of 15
Being a bit of a basshead myself, I'd recommend the Numark Red Wave. Excellent bass heavy can. And guess what, $71.48 on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and check these out!

Aug 10, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #5 of 15
Quote:
Being a bit of a basshead myself, I'd recommend the Numark Red Wave. Excellent bass heavy can. And guess what, $71.48 on Amazon. Do yourself a favor and check these out!

Those look sooo sick, and nice and comfy aswell, price + shipping might stretch me a bit since i live in australia and amazon doesnt ship here, alternate sites dont price quite so nicely unfortunatley

Aug 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #6 of 15
Amazon totally ship to Australia on most items. I live in Australia and i added the Numark Red Wave's to my shopping cart just to check and they will ship them to me for 
AUD 71.10 + ​
AUD 10.78 shipping making that ​
$81.88 AUD.

Aug 10, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #7 of 15
Amazon totally ship to Australia on most items. I live in Australia and i added the Numark Red Wave's to my shopping cart just to check and they will ship them to me for 
AUD 71.10 + ​
AUD 10.78 shipping making that ​
$81.88 AUD.

Wow really, thanks allot!
For some reason I have just always thought amazon didn't ship here at all.. Thanks allot Red waves are certainly at the top of my list now

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #8 of 15
Samson SR850

Aug 10, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #9 of 15
You could save up a bit and get the Sennheiser HD439, they are the best in the 4x9 line and probably the best from sennheiser under 100. They were on sale for 80 up here at best buy in the CONUS idk if you have best buy down there but just a heads up.

Aug 10, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #10 of 15
Quote:
Wow really, thanks allot!
For some reason I have just always thought amazon didn't ship here at all.. Thanks allot Red waves are certainly at the top of my list now

You are welcome! If I were you, I'd snag myself a pair right away! The bass is so punchy, while still maintaining overall good sound quality. And the comfort is very good. All in all, a great set of cans.

Aug 11, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #11 of 15
You could save up a bit and get the Sennheiser HD439, they are the best in the 4x9 line and probably the best from sennheiser under 100. They were on sale for 80 up here at best buy in the CONUS idk if you have best buy down there but just a heads up.

No we don't have best buy but sennheiser is a big enough brand to be easy enough t find a good deal.. Tha is for the tip, if I can survive that little bit longer to save up for it, then I recon the 439 might be mi choice

Aug 11, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #12 of 15
You are welcome! If I were you, I'd snag myself a pair right away! The bass is so punchy, while still maintaining overall good sound quality. And the comfort is very good. All in all, a great set of cans.

How deep does the bass go while still remaining loud and punchy?
And have you ran them through an eq or some form of bass boost? Cause I would love to know how they perform in those conditions

Aug 14, 2012 at 2:38 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:
How deep does the bass go while still remaining loud and punchy?
And have you ran them through an eq or some form of bass boost? Cause I would love to know how they perform in those conditions

I run the iPhone/ iPod Touch app called EQu. It's like 3 bucks, and It's wonderful. Makes your music sound amazing, no matter what headphones you are using. And the bass goes down to like, 10hz. It's low, and bassy all the way. If you wanna hear bass in a song, listen to xKore - Magnum. You can bass boost, treble boost, whatever boost in EQu. Get the app. :)

Aug 15, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:
I run the iPhone/ iPod Touch app called EQu. It's like 3 bucks, and It's wonderful. Makes your music sound amazing, no matter what headphones you are using. And the bass goes down to like, 10hz. It's low, and bassy all the way. If you wanna hear bass in a song, listen to xKore - Magnum. You can bass boost, treble boost, whatever boost in EQu. Get the app. :)

Epic man, I love xKore haha, I have an eq app but its free and is quite limited, I'll deffs give that one a download, Thanks for the tip :D

Aug 15, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:
Epic man, I love xKore haha, I have an eq app but its free and is quite limited, I'll deffs give that one a download, Thanks for the tip :D

YES! Guess what! For one of the guys I had play a part in my Beats social experiment earlier tonight, I played xKores song, Magnum. That sweeping bassline just gives me cold chills when I listen to it through some bass heavy cans. And you are very welcome. I believe that anyone who wants the best out of their music should get the app. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back