What is the longest, non-stop, headphone listening experience you have had??
Jan 18, 2007 at 9:06 PM Post #31 of 52
Before I staretd working, I used to game heavily and used to wear headphones the entire time. I've actually done 30+ hour gaming sessions, but probably only wore headphones for half of the time.

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #32 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I travel frequently to Asia from US...that's at least 12hrs flight. My iMod, Xin amp, and iGrado has been a huge blessing. iGrado is very comfortable so I just unplug from the amp and go to restroom...no need to get it off my head
biggrin.gif

Oh man that is a brutal flight. When we lived in Canada we used to fly BC to Korea to Singapore every other summer
redface.gif

edit: about 4 years ago at a LAN I used the SR-60 nonstop for around 4 hours. They were brand new, after that my ears were burning
eek.gif

Since then I think the longest session has been just over 5 hours with the K1000 with Miles Davis playing every single album I had back to back.

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:16 PM Post #33 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by KrooLism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which headphones we're you using Jahn on that 15 hour marathon?

Initial D = Darth Beyers. Awesome movie cans, what with the screeching tires and such. And isolation = wife not complaining about that techno track!

Beck = Darth Grados. It's Rock. C'Mon.
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit - and both cans are as comfy as pillows. They are poofy velour, after all!

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:20 PM Post #34 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's awesome. My wife and I had a LOTR party where we watched all three extended cuts back to back...it was epic! Haven't done it since. How was the O2 for that long...any fatigue?

None, if it had been a little warmer then it probably would have gotten uncomfortable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm quite fond of the white russians as well...although I must say my favorite drinking/watching experience is especially dry gin martinis while watching M*A*S*H on DVD
icon10.gif

"I wanted a Martini, but I don't have any Gin, or Vermouth. And I don't own any Martini glasses. So I just ate some olives..." ;D

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #35 of 52
A few days ago while I was studying for finals (>_<), I used my ety's er-6i with the tri-flanges for just four hours. It was late at night so I decided to take a light nap, but I feel asleep with them on...

I had a huge headache in the morning and a fever during the school day. The fever probably wasn't related to the ety-usage thou lol.

The ety's get uncomfortable for me if I use them too long. They make marks in my ear, and cause a little soreness. Then I switch to my px100's. Can't wait until brother's v-moda vibes come through the mail
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #36 of 52
9 hours with my UM2's. No Pain. No fatigue. I love my UM2's. ehehe

Jan 19, 2007 at 7:21 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
totally gonna duct tape a pair of grados to my head and go for the record books

Video it with a timer and have it on You Tube.

Go for 50 hours
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 20, 2007 at 1:13 AM Post #39 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by goorackerelite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not to be a buzz kill or anything, but how do you guys listen to headphones for 12+ hours at a time. My ears start ringing after 2 hours even at low volumes with my sennhesier hd580s or beyerdynamic dt880s!!! is there a seceret prolonging method that I don't know about?

I have had this problem with many headphones but with my 595 I can easily go 6-8h I just never get tierd of the sound they produce, and they are so light an comfy that the longer i wear them the less I feel I have them on my head.

Jan 20, 2007 at 4:37 AM Post #41 of 52
5 hrs, get bored after that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back