What is the longest, non-stop, headphone listening experience you have had??
Jan 18, 2007 at 9:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 52

KrooLism

500+ Head-Fier
(...within reason - drinks / food / toilet stop not counted as a break etc...)

This poll is to see what is the single longest non-stop listening experience you can remember.

I had my HD-650's on for 8 hours yesterday. I'm sorry to say it, but the sides of my ears started to get a bit itchy and the 650 started to feel uncomfortable after about 5 hours.

K-1000's are good in that sense but you can't eat while wearing them. Your jaw muscles get REALLY sore.

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:38 AM Post #2 of 52
I travel frequently to Asia from US...that's at least 12hrs flight. My iMod, Xin amp, and iGrado has been a huge blessing. iGrado is very comfortable so I just unplug from the amp and go to restroom...no need to get it off my head
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:58 AM Post #3 of 52
More than 12 hours. Although I changed headphones during that day. I watched all 3 Lord of The Rings Extended films with the O2 and spent most of the rest of the time listening to Jean-Michel Jarre Jarre on the AMT, with some audiobook before bed.

Only large break was where I made my tea with the radio on. I also spent that whole day in my dressing gown and drank some white russians. It was most Dude.

On plane journeys, I prefer to read.

Jan 18, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
More than 12 hours. Although I changed headphones during that day. I watched all 3 Lord of The Rings Extended films with the O2 and spent most of the rest of the time listening to Jean-Michel Jarre Jarre on the AMT, with some audiobook before bed.

Only large break was where I made my tea with the radio on. I also spent that whole day in my dressing gown and drank some white russians. It was most Dude.

Well - my iAudio battery only last about 7 hours anyway so I'm forced to do something else on long flights.
frown.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:03 AM Post #5 of 52
I'd say 9ish hours while doing homework back when I had the old CD3000's. I'm pretty sure I went about 2.5 times or so around my 5 CD changer. (of course, maybe 80 percent of that time was spent procrastinating, but thats beside the point.)

Jan 18, 2007 at 10:08 AM Post #6 of 52
>12 when I just got the hd595.
Then the next day. Than a few times on my gaming nights. Than some more...
While in college switching between my mp3 player and hd595 also, right before the exam days when I was downing books along with chicken noodle and did not want to hear even a squeak coming from the rest of the world...ya pretty much rather often.

Hell, just got stax sr-003 and the only reason I stopped listening was need to sleep so I can get some work done tomorrow.

Jan 18, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #7 of 52
10 hours, with Shure E500's, while on a trans-Atlantic flight.

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:04 PM Post #8 of 52
I would have to say 4-8 hours is the longest I go. Usually when I am coding big projects I have my 595's in and just setup a playlist and let it run and repeat a few times.
600smile.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:35 PM Post #10 of 52
Off the top of my head I would have to say about 8 hours (a night-shift at work)

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 52
This past weekend I was testing the comfort of my DIY custom ear molds. Hooked up to my HA-FX33's I went for about 18 hours. My girlfriend was studying for finals and I was scouring head-fi. I know it's kind of sick I listened to ELO for that long, but it's sometimes nice to play the complete discography of a band and be virtually unbothered. It was fun, and I can honestly say that custom molds are divine as far as comfort is concerned.

Jan 18, 2007 at 3:46 PM Post #12 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's awesome. My wife and I had a LOTR party where we watched all three extended cuts back to back...it was epic! Haven't done it since. How was the O2 for that long...any fatigue?

I'm quite fond of the white russians as well...although I must say my favorite drinking/watching experience is especially dry gin martinis while watching M*A*S*H on DVD
icon10.gif

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #13 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's awesome. My wife and I had a LOTR party where we watched all three extended cuts back to back...it was epic! Haven't done it since.

I did it once with two mates who both adore LOTR as well. We actually set it up so we had sandwhiches between 1 & 2 and then take-away between 2 & 3.

Wonderful day.

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:05 PM Post #14 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by m_memmory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did it once with two mates who both adore LOTR as well. We actually set it up so we had sandwhiches between 1 & 2 and then take-away between 2 & 3.

Wonderful day.

We took little breaks inbetween each of the 6 DVDs. We had food preped in advance so we just threw stuff in the oven to reheat.

It was a great way to kill 14 hours that's for sure.

Jan 18, 2007 at 4:11 PM Post #15 of 52
i've done two marathon can listens in my life - and neither involved music LOL.

Lost Weekend #1 - Initial D 2nd, 3rd, Extra stage.
initial_d_first_stage.jpg

That took, what, 15+ hours? I actually ebayed them from some HK place just to not have to wait for bittorrent after discovering Initial D first stage. Don't worry folks, back then it wasn't licensed in the USA! Oh, and the music was cheesy techno lol.

Lost Weekend #2 - BECK.
becktv_BECK_anime104_2393.jpg

The whole darn thing. 13+ hours. Damn that was a good one. Hmm, I guess this involved music too since it was about an up and coming band. Actually enjoyed the music, and they referenced Joy Division and New Order in there, cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back