What is the absolutely WORST album/cd you ever bought?
Dec 16, 2001 at 3:36 AM Post #46 of 92
woohoo...

The Cardigans - First band on the moon (number 1!)
Texas - The hush
Craig David - Born to do it (yes I'm totally ashamed of that purchase!
biggrin.gif
)
Stakka Bo (aka Johan Renck, music video director) - The great blondino
Dido - No angel (where's my jungle beats?!)
Virtually everything on Hikaru Utada's catalog

uhmm, what else... I remember wasting a lot of money...

Dec 20, 2001 at 11:52 PM Post #47 of 92
I have two:

"Burn Berlin Burn" by Atari Teenage Riot. I heard their track on the Spawn soundtrack and thought it was pretty cool. Not this album. I sold it the very next day to a used CD store. I can see why one of the members killed himself this year. I would too if my music sounded like that. A bunch of screaming over a crappy casio drum and bass track...EVERY TRACK!!!

The other is "No Protection" - Mad Professor vs. Massive Attack. This is pure dog ****. Mad Professor took a damn fine album (Massive Attacks "Protection") and made it sound horrible. I wouldn't even call it a remix album. It's like he turned on the reverb and threw in a few (read: ****load) of loud, echoing snare hits. This is still in my collection for some reason though. Maybe I'm hoping it will grow on me (yeah right).

Dec 21, 2001 at 12:10 AM Post #48 of 92
Okay, Okay I will admit to buying... Kid Rock: Devil Without a Cause. Remember that I was only about 13 and I got it BEFORE he was so popular. I can't stand the guy anymore.

Dec 21, 2001 at 2:08 AM Post #49 of 92
I'll add mine, well I didn't buy it but it is AWFUL. I found it while cleaning, it's on LP. It's called "Christmas Bells" its a handbell/ harp/vocal christmas album. The handbell ringers are just plain bad, as in late notes/early damping ect. The harpist is ok, but then the people start to sing, underwater (at least it sounds that way). Suffice it to say I now have a nice frisbee.

Dec 22, 2001 at 4:04 AM Post #51 of 92
I think my worst purchase ever was a Macarena EP. Do you guys remember that song? I gave it to my brother who has it deep, deep under his paltry, yet good collection of such groups as Days of the New, STP, and U2. Another one that comes to mind is the first CD I ever bought *drum roll* Jock Jams Vol. 2. WOW!! I never would have thought that I could have bought that, but I admit it is true...oh well. BTW I was looking in one of my old Spin magazines; I think it was the November 99 issue, the one with Beck on it that had a list of some of the worst albums of all time. The first one on the list was Lou Reed's MMM. It was in an article about Captain Beefheart...no further explanation is needed I don't think.

Brett

Dec 22, 2001 at 5:54 AM Post #52 of 92
Okay, I've posted an excerpt from 'Crescent City Christmas Card' on my box (Hal9000)
just so you can see how amazingly bad it is. It's linked as the 'world's worst piece of music.'

edit: Box is back up for the day.

Dec 22, 2001 at 7:58 PM Post #53 of 92
Naughty by Nature - Poverty's Paradise

There was one decent song, and that was about it.

Dec 22, 2001 at 8:04 PM Post #54 of 92
I used to join those 12 Cds for a penny types clubs, and I got some real stinkers as a result, but I didn't really pay for them, so they shouldn't count.

They are not even part of my collection anymore, since I threw them in the garbage where they belong.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 26, 2001 at 5:25 AM Post #56 of 92
Originally posted by chadbang
I see what you're saying, Nezer, it was a let down. I could be accused of blasphemy, but when The Beatles put out the album "Hey Jude", I thought, "What a loser!" This was after "Sgt. Pepper" "The White Album" and "Abbey Road" and it seemed like a real come down. Sloppy, loose. Of course, many of the songs are now Beatles classics, but I hated it at the time.

Actually, the "Hey Jude" album was recorded before "Abbey Road" which remains the last recording the Beatles did together. "Hey Jude" was originally going to be titled "Get Back", but their squabbles and the production of the film delayed the release.

Dec 26, 2001 at 5:34 AM Post #57 of 92
I've read a lot of complaints re Britney Spears' singing on her CD's, but what if she were singing into your ear...?

Dec 26, 2001 at 7:12 AM Post #59 of 92
Worst album/CD? Could be the Holy Modal Rounders "Indian War Whoop". No redeeming features at all. Bad singing, bad playing, bad engineering, bad product, awful conceptually. I bought the LP and the CD, out of a sense of morbid fascination that an otherwise excellent pair of musicians could create a POS like that (they've also made some of my favorite albums). I never said I was smart.
tongue.gif

Just thought of something...it had really nice cover art. OK, found something redeeming at least. I wonder if I can find something worse...

Dec 26, 2001 at 6:58 PM Post #60 of 92
Here it goes...

MC Hammer - Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em
Vanilla Ice - To the Extreme
Mellow Man Ace - Escape from Habana
David Lanz / Kostia - The Spirit of Olympia (Seriously. I like Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre and Vangelis, but this album is utter crap)

Hmm. I see a developing pattern there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back