What is the absolutely WORST album/cd you ever bought?
Jul 4, 2002 at 12:14 AM Post #91 of 92
Diana Krall -- When I look in your eyes
Radiohead -- Amnesiac
Cranberries -- Bury the Hatchet (tried to listen to it a dozen times over a few years. my greatest achievement was getting to the 6th track) and whatever their last one is called (couldn't get till 3rd)...
Travis -- The Invisible Band and some other one. probably I don't like anything they did, I just never tried listening to their stuff again.
Verve -- Northern Soul

(these are CDs on which I can't find a single track I like)

Jul 4, 2002 at 1:27 AM Post #92 of 92
Whoa, this is very interesting. I love the Northern Soul lp! Its got plenty of what I crave in Nick McCabe's guitar playing. I enjoy The Invisiblle Band, too. Its pretty simple and gimmick-free pop, but a bit too mellow for regular listening. Amnesiac is good for at least a handful of tracks as well. One problem I have with the last two albums here is the incredibly painful GAIN that Nigel Godrich has them set on. I've never really enjoyed the sound on his productions anyway.

Northern Soul Highlight for me is Life's an Ocean. It gets a bit boring at the end, but the live version on their video really does it for me. The whole album has a great vibe to it, where their rhythm section shines. Add some cosmic guitar, and a classic rock lead vocalist and you get a great mix of frantic rock and mellow come-down grooves.

Oh yeah, and worst purchase in recent memory is the Page and Plant album with Most High on it - good tune, but bad album, and horrendous vocals. tsk tsk Robert! The guitar was a boring letdown, and the production team of Jimmy and Steve didn't quite work for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back