What is the absolutely WORST album/cd you ever bought?
Dec 26, 2001 at 7:01 PM Post #61 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by mr_slacker

It was sorted under John Lennon in the recordstore. The covers look about the same, right? (Not all versons of the John Lennon album have text on it). What about the music? Well Yoko screams like a strangled cat for more than an hour. The backing band is really good but mrs Lennons "singing" must be among the worst ever recorded. This album is totally past notions like "good" or "bad". It's simply unlistenable.

Same thing with the "Double Fantasy" album. Yoko's tracks are unlistenable.

Dec 27, 2001 at 12:00 AM Post #62 of 92
i've bought a lot of bad music in the past....especially when i was a kid...

teenage mutant ninja turtles soundtrack (both 1 and 3)
power rangers the movie soundtrack
Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas
Ghostbusters 2 Soundtrack...

all very bad...

Jan 8, 2002 at 9:14 AM Post #64 of 92
Among the worst I've gathered was the Duran Duran album of really bad covers called "Thank You" and yes, the title is, of course, a cover of a Led Zepplin song.

But then there's the guilty pleasures. I like some really really BAD Alice Cooper albums, for example.

If you like Tool, try Primus.
smily_headphones1.gif

Kelly

Jan 8, 2002 at 4:21 PM Post #65 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by mc whak

The other is "No Protection" - Mad Professor vs. Massive Attack. This is pure dog ****. Mad Professor took a damn fine album (Massive Attacks "Protection") and made it sound horrible. I wouldn't even call it a remix album. It's like he turned on the reverb and threw in a few (read: ****load) of loud, echoing snare hits. This is still in my collection for some reason though. Maybe I'm hoping it will grow on me (yeah right).

OH MY GWAD did you have to mention this album....this album made me SICK ABSOLUTELY SICK when I bought it...I started crying after I biught this...thats because after hearing protection I went out and bought this and OMG I was apalled.

Y'know what I did to this cd?
very_evil_smiley.gif

We had a bonfire and you know where it got lost during that 'bonfire'?

DIE Mad Proffessor
mad.gif

Jan 10, 2002 at 5:46 AM Post #66 of 92
oh man, i've got quite a few really ****house cds among the gems. you see, before i wised up, i used to buy albums if they had even a song or two that was good, or even just catchy or kitch. bad idea. for the last five or six years, i have bought exclusively albums which can be enjoyed all the way through. result: much better music collection.

the REALLY embarrassing ones:

dance mix usa vol. 4
billboard greatest hits of 1983
insane clown posse - tunnel of love
boyz 2 men - can't remember title

jeez, there's some **** there. i have a whole shelf of albums i'm ashamed of. i'd hate people to judge me by any of those.

on the other hand, i'd love to get my hands on a copy of vanilla ice - to the extreme, despite how bad it is. a friend and i have a running joke re: ice ice baby. anyone want to get rid of it?

note: i can't believe i admitted to owning the albums above. *hangs head in shame*

Jan 12, 2002 at 2:11 PM Post #68 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG
One that got passed around to a different (unlucky) family member each Christmas: Slim Whitman (LP)
eek.gif

ROTFLMAO......
evil_smiley.gif

I admit to being somewhat of a country fan but that plumbs the depths, even for me. You have my sympathy and utmost respect for admitting to that
biggrin.gif

I just remembered, wasn't it the Slim Whitman records that made the aliens explode in the movie 'Mars Attacks'

Happy listening

Jan 15, 2002 at 7:04 PM Post #69 of 92
Teenage mutant ninja turtles soundtracks were cool, i have the soundtrack to the cartoon (on tape).

My worst CD would probably be STAIND (whichever one had mudshovel). It has 2 good songs and I paid way too much for it.

My worst tape would be a single by Hammer...... Addams Family Values.

Jan 15, 2002 at 8:48 PM Post #70 of 92
I'll admit to having a boxed set of a whole bunch of Billboard rock-and-roll hits from the 60s/70s, although they're mostly still in the original wrapper (I'm not an oldies person...)

However, I don't think they count since I got them as a gift.

Jan 15, 2002 at 10:55 PM Post #71 of 92
yee-hee-hahaha....oooh.....erm....well.....gee...to be honest.......ok......get ready now.......

14:59 by Sugar Ray

When I was 9 or 10...

Jan 16, 2002 at 12:08 AM Post #72 of 92
Anything by U2.

Saw them supporting Stiff Little Fingers in 1979/1980'ish and thought "Not too bad - i'll buy an album". Can't remember the title "Setting Sun" or something like that , only had about 6 or 7 tracks on it. What a load of drivel.

Jan 16, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #73 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by KeVlaR

ROTFLMAO......
evil_smiley.gif

I admit to being somewhat of a country fan but that plumbs the depths, even for me. You have my sympathy and utmost respect for admitting to that
biggrin.gif

I just remembered, wasn't it the Slim Whitman records that made the aliens explode in the movie 'Mars Attacks'

Happy listening

You've got it, KeVlaR!!.....Here's the 8 track version
wink.gif

slim1.jpg

n-logo.gif

Jan 16, 2002 at 12:49 AM Post #74 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
yee-hee-hahaha....oooh.....erm....well.....gee...to be honest.......ok......get ready now.......

14:59 by Sugar Ray

When I was 9 or 10...

Hey I used to have that cd! Whatever the hell happened to it, I wonder where it went......aww I don't care I only liked one song on it anyways...It's funny how so many of us hate cd's that most people are proud to have.
biggrin.gif

Jan 16, 2002 at 3:00 AM Post #75 of 92
20silkcut: I disagree, man.....but that's a classic post....."what drivel" - different views make for interesting reads.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back