What is the absolutely WORST album/cd you ever bought?
Jan 16, 2002 at 3:19 AM Post #76 of 92
Naughty by Nature : Poverty's Paradise
redface.gif

Jan 17, 2002 at 12:22 AM Post #77 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG

You've got it, KeVlaR!!.....Here's the 8 track version
wink.gif

slim1.jpg

n-logo.gif

Hehehehehe ROTFLMAO.

Man, I've just gotta get me one of those Smoking Jackets
biggrin.gif

Looks like Noel Coward on a bad hair day!

Sound as ever

Jan 17, 2002 at 5:58 AM Post #78 of 92
Huh? Selected Ambient Works is the ****! Actually, SAW 2 is a whole lot more ambient and you gotta be into that stuff to really appreciate it but you might want to check out Ambient Works 1985 - 1992 for some cool, downtempo stuff.

That's kinda funny, because though I think Come to Daddy is an awesome album, a lot of Richard D. James fans think that his new one, Druqs is too loud
eek.gif

Jan 17, 2002 at 12:53 PM Post #79 of 92
Meh, don't feel so bad. There are several albums in this thread that I really like.

And yes, SAW is one of them.

Jan 17, 2002 at 3:32 PM Post #80 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by coolvij
yee-hee-hahaha....oooh.....erm....well.....gee...to be honest.......ok......get ready now.......

14:59 by Sugar Ray

When I was 9 or 10...

Hey! We're talking about the worst albums ever, here. While Sugar Ray's stuff is really poppy, it's actually good pop, unlike the Britney Spears oeuvre. I don't own 14:59, but what I've heard of it was fun.

Jun 30, 2002 at 7:24 AM Post #81 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by Radiohead
Aphex Twin's "Selected Ambient Works"

Utter, utter cack

frown.gif

Whoa! That is one of my favorites. Richard D. James actually built his own synthesizers at age 14.

Jun 30, 2002 at 7:30 AM Post #82 of 92
The two crappiset albums i have ever bought have got to be Bigger Than The Devil by SOD and MACHINA: The Machines of God, by the Pumpkins. Which is sad, because the follow up was pretty good (and they released the whol album MACHINA II for FREE on the net)

Jun 30, 2002 at 7:46 AM Post #83 of 92
The Brahms: Concerto in D played by Nadje Salerno-Sonnenberg(CD - Brahms: Concerto in D/Bruch:Concerto No.1 in G Minor released 1990). Haven't listened to it in 12 years but I still cringe. Great violinist but lousey rendition.

Jun 30, 2002 at 7:46 AM Post #84 of 92
The Brahms: Concerto in D played by Nadje Salerno-Sonnenberg(CD - Brahms: Concerto in D/Bruch:Concerto No.1 in G Minor released 1990). Haven't listened to it in 12 years but I still cringe. Great violinist but lousey rendition.

Jun 30, 2002 at 10:35 AM Post #85 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by leon

Dido - No angel (where's my jungle beats?!)

I'm glad someboy else thinks this is a POS. All we've heard all year is how good DIDO is and how inspirational her music is and how she's the best artist britain has produced in many a year.

WFT? I got the DIDO CD for free from Britannia Music and it was a chore to sit through that. If that's the best around then I don't wanna hear the worst!

I did get a CD of Johnny Paycheck - Take this Job And Shove it. Now the musical content is great but man, the mastering of lack thereof is appalling. Right the way through you can hear the tape hiss right up there in the mix. You can even hear various pops making it sound like it's been mastered from a really beat up LP.

Ever since then i've stayed away from CD's on the Laserlight label.

Sound As Ever
Listening to You Better, You Bet by THE WHO on DAB Radio
ST-D777ES >-- Krell Studio DAC >-- Sugden Headmaster > HD600s

Jul 1, 2002 at 3:02 AM Post #87 of 92
CREED - HUMAN CLAY
a huge waste of $14

Jul 2, 2002 at 9:06 AM Post #88 of 92
Quote:

Originally posted by penvzila
The two crappiset albums i have ever bought have got to be Bigger Than The Devil by SOD and MACHINA: The Machines of God, by the Pumpkins. Which is sad, because the follow up was pretty good (and they released the whol album MACHINA II for FREE on the net)

Machina 2 better then Machina?? Whats songs do you like? I can't stand a single song from Machina 2... and I only like 3 songs from Machina (Stand Inside Your Love, Try Try Try and Ghost and the Glass Children because it rocks on headphones). But I do love the pumpkins old stuff and "untitled" is pretty sweet...

Biggie.

Jul 2, 2002 at 4:01 PM Post #90 of 92
Best of King's X. Just bad music.
Ted Nugent Great Gonzos!.........Great CRAP!
I recently picked up Judas Priest Prisoners of Pain. Fair music bad recording. This is soooo flat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back