What is my next step in (Mid) HiFi?
Jan 11, 2011 at 9:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

mralexosborn

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a general question that's why it is in the full size forum.

I have a uDac>Asgard>K702 setup. I don't really like the K702's. Also I THINK I want something portable. Help me out please.

I was thinking of replacing my uDac with a DAP because I would have something portable and a better DAC. I am considering the S:Flo2 and HM601 (used for the sake of shipping). I would use the DAP and my amp at home.
Also I would want to get rid of my K702's and get either portable cans or IEM's in the sub $200 range. I was thinking TF10's or HD 25-1 II's.

Would this be an improvement? Is this a good idea?
Is the HM601 worth it? Can it drive full size cans like the K702? What about the S:Flo2?
What portable under $200 would sound the best. I don't have too much of a preference of sound signatures, I just don't like the K702 (too sparkly) or SR225i (same reason).

There are too many options, but not enough for my budget. I really don't want to spend any extra money outside of me selling. I think I could get $200 for my K702's and $70 for the uDac. So $270 is my budget for a DAP for portable and home, and headphones/IEM's. 

Thank you.

Jan 11, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #2 of 2
For budget of $270. I would just get a clip+/fuze 8gb + 16gb microsd + tf10/tma-1/hd 25-1/esw9/*    any of the set up will pretty much eat up a majority of your budget...    I would go either with the tf10 or tma-1, both of which I own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back